To those who use the PDW and MSMC almost exclusively...

#11Kooljay95Posted 1/23/2013 4:32:14 PM
I know its a game. I do whatever I can to maximize my chance at winning outside of glitches.
#12RiceKrispies1Posted 1/23/2013 4:56:34 PM
To those who complain about people who use the PDW and MSMC almost exclusively...

Your know this is just a game right?

They're objectively the most grossly overpowered guns in the game, so why not use them?

It ups your KD by .4, which is totally worth it. I may not be one of those famous Youtubers or streamers, or even play League Play, but I really like doing well when i play this game.

It's a game, and I have fun. Running around with Assault Shield and Duel Executioners for a round just isn't fun to me. I love having a KD over 2.0. lol
#13ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/23/2013 4:59:08 PM
I'll never understand why people can't accept the fact that people achieve fun through different methods. Some people enjoy using the best set-ups all the time. Nothing wrong with that. It gets boring to me, but obviously to some people it doesn't, otherwise they wouldn't continue playing that way.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#14duericPosted 1/23/2013 5:04:31 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
I'll never understand why people can't accept the fact that people achieve fun through different methods. Some people enjoy using the best set-ups all the time. Nothing wrong with that. It gets boring to me, but obviously to some people it doesn't, otherwise they wouldn't continue playing that way.

But that would imply that those people are playing for fun.

You and I both know that with COD, sometimes you play because you have to, not because you want to.

Activision knows it too. They make a billion dollars a year on that thought process.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15DtheBruiserPosted 1/23/2013 5:09:43 PM
I only play for fun and this is my 1st COD game. When I discovered the PDW with silencer/stock I started having alot more fun because I stopped going negative on my k/d so often. Thats not to say I dont still use everything else however - just depends on the map
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#16ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/23/2013 5:11:35 PM
dueric posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

But that would imply that those people are playing for fun.

You and I both know that with COD, sometimes you play because you have to, not because you want to.

Activision knows it too. They make a billion dollars a year on that thought process.

True. For whatever damn reason, CoD has a way of making you want to keep playing, even if you're not having fun.

But my point remains. Those people who always use the PDW or MSMC have their reasons for doing so. They aren't "wrong" or any worse than I am for choosing to play that way. If you bought the game then you're entitled to play it however you like as long as you're not hacking or doing some BS like that.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#17duericPosted 1/23/2013 5:13:34 PM
DtheBruiser posted...
I only play for fun and this is my 1st COD game. When I discovered the PDW with silencer/stock I started having alot more fun because I stopped going negative on my k/d so often. Thats not to say I dont still use everything else however - just depends on the map

I think this topic is more geared to "experienced" players using the easy weapons.

People who tend to let everyone know how good they are, but at the same time use the cheesy weapons that are mainly there to give players like yourself a chance to compete.

I liken it to people using arm floaties because they're too lazy to swim. Even though they're perfectly capable and are actually quite good at it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#18MrArmageddon8Posted 1/23/2013 5:15:03 PM
They should nerf both, either one is basically a tactical nuke launcher.
#19chessmyantidrugPosted 1/23/2013 5:16:46 PM
Here's a fun fact: there's no overpowered weapons in this game.
#20ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/23/2013 5:21:55 PM
dueric posted...
DtheBruiser posted...

I think this topic is more geared to "experienced" players using the easy weapons.

People who tend to let everyone know how good they are, but at the same time use the cheesy weapons that are mainly there to give players like yourself a chance to compete.

I liken it to people using arm floaties because they're too lazy to swim. Even though they're perfectly capable and are actually quite good at it.

If that's the case, then I see the point TC is making.

In an ideal world, experienced players would give themselves a challenge and try using some of the more difficult set-ups since they know how easy it is to dominate using guns like the PDW or FAL. However, some people apparently don't get tired of not having any challenge. I personally don't get how it's fun destroying noobs 24/7 with the best set-ups. I did that in BO1 and got tired after about a month or two. 3.6+ K/D but I wasn't even having that much fun. I usually fall back on sniping, but in that game sniping was just stupid (I played it before they patched sniping...back when bullets would go randomly if you shot right after zooming in).

So yeah, it is kind of disappointing knowing that there are plenty of players who could still do well if they gave themselves at least a bit of a challenge, but instead they are happy with just stomping over terrible players with the best set-ups. But what can you do? The most I'll ever do is send a message if I can tell someone is a decent player who is abusing the best classes. I only do this in older games, like CoD4 or MW2 since they've been out for long. I'll say something along the lines of, "This games been out for over 3 years man...don't you ever think about branching out and trying something more challenging than a Silenced UMP?"
---