Who else is hoping Die Rise is the "Resurrection" of zombies? (Zombies Rant)

#1vetsniper22Posted 1/23/2013 7:33:26 PM
Yes, pun intended. In both forms. Only get one form of it? You lost the game. Whoever names both forms of the pun wins 10 internet cookies.

Anyway, I for one LOVE zombies. Played it since Nacht in CoD5 and have played every single zombies map to follow. (Yes...counting Shingri-la...how do you people stand that map...I will never do that achievement. NEVER.)

But as I come to Black Ops 2 I can't help but to feel it's...Zombies 1.5...Cod5 zombies being zombies 1.0 and black ops zombies being 2.0. I can't help feeling that zombies went backwards in Black Ops 2.

How has black ops 2 made zombies worse? Well it's obviously all opinion but I'll name a few problems that I feel is with zombies.
1. Not enough guns. I mean really, 3arc that is simple.
2. The easter egg songs. No Elena siegmen? I know many zombie players don't care, but for us main zombie players who actually care about zombies and have played it for hours on end, this is a HUGE smack in the face for us.
3. Copy and pasted maps. Sure you can say all zombie maps are a copy of something but when you look at it...Bus Depot=Nacht, Farm=Verruct and Town=Der reise.
Not in the size or the looks but how it is made.
Bus depot with only a box and no perks.
Farm with 4 perks and a box but no pack a punch.
Town with mostly everything.
Sure, you can say "Well no power, or same guns SO NOT A COPY!" ...Oh just bugger off and leave, when you look at it; it's copy and pasted more than not.

I have more reasons but I feel like most of you haven't even read this far so I'll leave it at that.

And now about Tranzit...it's not "bad" per say but it is not great by any means. The lava (Though with the Zombies lore makes sense) is just a pain in the arse. The characters are by no means loveable like our previous 4. The easter egg is tedious and less enjoyable then the other Zombie's easter eggs we have had (though it is probably the high point of transit) and the goddamn gremlins. No argument can be said there. And no wonder-weapon? And if you call that piece of crap you build a wonder weapon, then you sir, are a fool.

Though there is some pluses. Galv knuckles are a very nice feature. The bus driver is by some means notable and will probably be more useful as the zombie maps go on. (If they drop the bus driver and make him nothing, 3arc will once again drop a simple ball. In my opinion of course.) And finally, galv knuckles. Oh wait, I already mentioned them? Well I most of ran out of positive things.

And another negative note I must add, is the rank system in zombies. It is awful. You rank up by playing everyday. You rank down by not playing. That is the dumbest, most atrocious ranking system I have ever seen. I was hoping something of a Realism Zombies ranking system (Google it if you don't know what it is.), not this...blasphemy they throw at us and call it "ranking up."

All in all, I play zombies in this because I am a zombies addict. Not because I love it. Not because I think it's amazing. But because I love playing zombies. I wanted to hold back my opinion until the DLC but I was looking to see how you guys feel about zombies. In all honesty, if the DLC zombies map is shabby and not the zombies we want and remember, I will not buy anymore DLCs for Black Ops 2. And most likely I won't buy another 3arc call of duty, as I buy it solely for zombies.

tldr; Revolution. My first and last hope for zombies in Black Ops 2.

What are your thoughts about zombies in BO2?
---
---I got a dig bick-------- You that read wrong-------- You read that wrong too---
#2dajerm8Posted 1/23/2013 8:24:33 PM
I wish people would stop saying you "rank up" by playing every day, because its not true. You get "hash" marks by your emblem for consecutive days played, after 5 hash marks you get glowing blue eyes on your zombie "emblem". Your ranking "emblem" doesn't change just by playing or not playing, it changes by how well you play. Although we don't know the exact formula for gaining a new emblem, it's not simply because you "play" everyday, you actually have to do well at the game to "prestige" emblems, if you will. To prove this point, I just played with a coworker who hasn't played since two weeks after the game was released, he still has the same zombie "emblem" he had the last time we played together, he just lost the 4 hash marks he had during his last zombie play.
---
Rock on!
#3BlackOps06Posted 1/23/2013 8:42:22 PM(edited)
The characters and the so-called story have always been unbearable, so that's not the problem with Black Ops II's Zombies mode. The problem is in the gameplay, with the TranZit world being too big, common tasks being too tedious, and buildables being annoying to use. Treyarch just needs to stick with what works. Nuketown Zombies is entertaining despite being pretty generic because it doesn't take an ungodly amount of time to rebuy perks, PaP guns, and traverse the map in general. Hopefully Die Rise gets rid of TranZit's one really big negative (too big of a map) and improves on the things that are promising and have some potential (buildables, for example).

Oh, and people actually have liked the Zombies music? Usually it's just someone screaming really loud, and dear lord, that's painful to listen to. A good way to annoy your friends, but that's about it.
#4forgotten0285Posted 1/23/2013 8:37:58 PM
so many walls of text...
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#5Fricken_OatmealPosted 1/23/2013 8:38:33 PM
Hit it all on the head...
my biggest gripe... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ELENA SIEGMAN??????????????
THEY CAN'T EVEN PICK THE MORE BEARABLE A7X SONGS. WTF??? WHY??
sorry </rant>

Tranzit its so obnoxious to do anything... and I'm really bummed you have to play on the crappiest area (town) to get everything.
---
ME: http://i.imgur.com/DX9Am.png
GT: Fricken Oatmeal
#6hearcross92Posted 1/23/2013 8:56:07 PM
Fricken_Oatmeal posted...
sorry </rant>

Tranzit its so obnoxious to do anything... and I'm really bummed you have to play on the crappiest area (town) to get everything.

Well to be fair, she is only there for the original 4 so there's consistency.
Five had Eminem
CotD had Avenged Sevenfold
Tranzit has Avenged Sevenfold again? (I remember hearing Dubstep before)
Nuketown has Samantha's theme song from Moon IIRC (The one where she giggles if that helps lol)
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944907-mass-effect-2/55465494
I saw some images that changed my life. Garrus>All
#7vetsniper22(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:33:36 PM
hearcross92 posted...
Fricken_Oatmeal posted...
sorry </rant>

Well to be fair, she is only there for the original 4 so there's consistency.
Five had Eminem
CotD had Avenged Sevenfold
Tranzit has Avenged Sevenfold again? (I remember hearing Dubstep before)
Nuketown has Samantha's theme song from Moon IIRC (The one where she giggles if that helps lol)

Nacht=Elena
Verruct=Elena
Shi no numa=Elena
Der reise=elena
Kino=elena
five= eneimem
ascension=elena
Cotd=avenged sevenfold
shingri-la=elena
moon=elena

Black Ops 2=No elena?

Some people don't even like her music but they still liked her because she was still a face (Well a voiceface...evil) of zombies.

dajerm8 posted...
I wish people would stop saying you "rank up" by playing every day, because its not true. You get "hash" marks by your emblem for consecutive days played, after 5 hash marks you get glowing blue eyes on your zombie "emblem". Your ranking "emblem" doesn't change just by playing or not playing, it changes by how well you play. Although we don't know the exact formula for gaining a new emblem, it's not simply because you "play" everyday, you actually have to do well at the game to "prestige" emblems, if you will. To prove this point, I just played with a coworker who hasn't played since two weeks after the game was released, he still has the same zombie "emblem" he had the last time we played together, he just lost the 4 hash marks he had during his last zombie play.

Until we know the figures or 3arc pulls their head out of their asses and tells us how it works it's still absolute insanity and stupidity.
BlackOps06 posted...
The characters and the so-called story have always been unbearable, so that's not the problem with Black Ops II's Zombies mode. The problem is in the gameplay, with the TranZit world being too big, common tasks being too tedious, and buildables being annoying to use. Treyarch just needs to stick with what works. Nuketown Zombies is entertaining despite being pretty generic because it doesn't take an ungodly amount of time to rebuy perks, PaP guns, and traverse the map in general. Hopefully Die Rise gets rid of TranZit's one really big negative (too big of a map) and improves on the things that are promising and have some potential (buildables, for example).

Oh, and people actually have liked the Zombies music? Usually it's just someone screaming really loud, and dear lord, that's painful to listen to. A good way to annoy your friends, but that's about it.

I can't call you wrong since it's your own opinion. Some people hate zombies, love the story. Love zombies but hate the story. Or love/hate both. But most of us who actually care about zombies and saw what it has turned too...makes us love the old maps/layouts and characters. The story was pretty great if you actually pay attention, but hey not everyone even likes Mark Twain so...fair enough!

Music wise? Opinionated. Some people love dubstep and rap. I personally can't stand it.

forgotten0285 posted...
so many walls of text...

Gotta love trolls.
---
---I got a dig bick-------- You that read wrong-------- You read that wrong too---
#8tadmfpolePosted 1/23/2013 10:29:54 PM
I predict within the next 10 or so posts someone will join the thread and proclaim you don't like BO2 zombies because you are not any good at it. Because it is impossible to dislike anything unless you are bad at it.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#9Blitzkrieg182Posted 1/23/2013 10:35:34 PM
tadmfpole posted...
I predict within the next 10 or so posts someone will join the thread and proclaim you don't like BO2 zombies because you are not any good at it. Because it is impossible to dislike anything unless you are bad at it.

The music and characters are my only problems with CO2 zombies.
#10james259Posted 1/23/2013 10:41:25 PM
I agree on everything except the copy and paste. I just don't see it.
Also do a little reading on the characters. You might grow to like them more. I did... a little
---
It hurts so good