Season Pass locked to gamertag only?

#1nissan skylinePosted 1/23/2013 11:56:09 PM
I have two LIVE accounts but I want to switch back to my other one when my current one runs out of Gold in March. I did get the Pass (hurr) but will I have to buy the pass again for my other account?
---
cogito ergo zoom
#2Halo_ForeverPosted 1/23/2013 11:59:28 PM
I'd assume that the DLC that you download has the standard license, so you can freely use it on both accounts as long as the console with the console license is being used (otherwise the Season Pass would be a heap of garbage compared to just downloading the map packs individually).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#3AtomskVIIPosted 1/24/2013 12:02:57 AM
As long as the profile that purchased it is present on the console any other profile on it can play the maps.
---
Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter.
GT: November Seven
#4Halo_ForeverPosted 1/24/2013 12:13:34 AM
AtomskVII posted...
As long as the profile that purchased it is present on the console any other profile on it can play the maps.

The console license doesn't care if the buying profile is present, I could ship my profile to Burma and still be able to access the DLC on the other profile.

The reason why the season pass itself doesn't work like this is that otherwise a console license would allow any profile on the console to buy with the pass (essentially it could be used for infinite downloads of the map packs which isn't very practical).
---
#5AtomskVIIPosted 1/24/2013 12:20:12 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
AtomskVII posted...

The console license doesn't care if the buying profile is present, I could ship my profile to Burma and still be able to access the DLC on the other profile.

The reason why the season pass itself doesn't work like this is that otherwise a console license would allow any profile on the console to buy with the pass (essentially it could be used for infinite downloads of the map packs which isn't very practical).

I see, thank you for the correction. If it was redownloaded on another console would it still work on the original console or would it cease to work?
---
Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter.
GT: November Seven
#6Halo_ForeverPosted 1/24/2013 1:36:45 AM
AtomskVII posted...

I see, thank you for the correction. If it was redownloaded on another console would it still work on the original console or would it cease to work?

If I'm understanding you correctly, the answer is that when you originally download something from Live the console that you download it to gets the console license. Any profile on the original console can access the stuff then on that console. The purchasing profile also also gets license that allows them to to that content on any (non-banned) X360 in existence provided that they are connected to Live.

Redownloading the DLC you bought to another console does not transfer the console license, only a so called License Transfer can do that.
---
#7JWhiskeyPosted 1/24/2013 5:35:59 AM
Content is tied to your gamertag and the console on which you purchased the content.

So.. Only you will have access to the DLC on any console that you sign into with the gamertag that purchased the content and any gamertag that signs into the console on which you purchased the DLC will also have access.
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#8ShadonicPosted 1/24/2013 5:38:10 AM
JWhiskey posted...
Content is tied to your gamertag and the console on which you purchased the content.

So.. Only you will have access to the DLC on any console that you sign into with the gamertag that purchased the content and any gamertag that signs into the console on which you purchased the DLC will also have access.

Correct, the first time you purchase & Download content, that xbox will have it permenantly (unless you ever do a license transfer). the profile that bought the content also will have access to the dlc so long as it's connected to xbox live.

the only time this doesn't work is when something is stored off the xbox live servers, e.g, Halo 4 armour unlocks are exclusive to a profile because the unlock is stored on the players profile on a bungie server, not the xbox live servers, so the content will not be used regardless of license.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#9jtashiroPosted 1/26/2013 9:25:35 AM
AtomskVII posted...

If that is true, does someone have instructions on HOW-TO do that? I purchased the Season Pass under my gamertag (parent) for my son. I can see the DLC when I start the game, but these maps are still Locked under his gamertag.

PS I dont play this game ... so he will be playing under my gamertag ... bummer.

Ideas?
#10Aether_LyricPosted 1/26/2013 9:34:15 AM
jtashiro posted...
I can see the DLC when I start the game, but these maps are still Locked under his gamertag.

The maps aren't even out yet dude, try again on Tuesday