What is the best LMG in the game?

#1iBlackice25Posted 1/24/2013 5:37:57 AM
Please post classes of the LMG you prefer to use, with attachments and perks. Im trying to get diamond LMG's and I don't even have 1 camo for any of them :(
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#2KabtheMentatPosted 1/24/2013 5:54:07 AM(edited)
Well, you can't use all of the LMGs the same as each other. IMO the LSAT and MK48 act similarly to each other, with the MK48 being somewhat better IMO. The HAMR and QBB are much different. Here's my suggested class for them.

MK48 with Target Finder, Stock, and Suppressor
Hardline or Lightweight (which ever you want)
Toughness
Engineer
EMP x1
Primary Gunfighter

LSAT with Target Finder and Stock
Hardline and Lightweight
Toughness
Engineer
EMP x2
Perk 1 Greed

QBB with Quickdraw and Stock
Hardline and Lightweight
Toughness
Engineer
EMP x2
Perk 1 Greed

HAMR with Stock and Quickdraw
Hardline and Lightweight
Toughness
Engineer
EMP x2
Perk 1 Greed.

IMO, if you get scorestreaks somewhat often, Hardline is a good choice because it just makes it easier and you cycle through them much more often. Lightweight is kinda obvious...makes you a little faster considering you're pretty slow with a LMG. Toughness is a must IMO, because a lot of the time you'll be fighting at fairly long ranges, and landing all of your shots is good. Especially with the LSAT and MK48 because of the Target Finder...they suffer from very low recoil when using that. Speaking of the MK48, suppressor is a good idea because that guy has a pretty long 3 hit kill range. The suppressor doesn't do much to lower that. As for the third perks, it's whatever you want but I just like Engineer a lot.

A note on the QBB and HAMR, use them like high capacity assault rifles. The HAMR is kinda weird in that the first 5 or so shots have a higher rate of fire than the following shots. So if you can land most of that initial burst on someone, they'll die pretty quickly. Also, I don't use a pistol or anything with LMGs. You have a lot of bullets and shouldn't need another weapon. When needing to reload, find a quiet spot and do it. The LSAT and MK48 take forever to reload, but the HAMR and QBB are fairly quick...though have 25 less rounds per mag.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#3Sitrus_DaoraPosted 1/24/2013 6:25:39 AM
Stock + Lightweight is pretty much mandatory on all LMGs. Toughness is always a decent choice for automatics.

The rest is up to you really.
---
Got the wings of heaven on my shoes, I'm a dancing man and I just can't lose ^_^
XBL GT: SitrusDaora
#4RuneMaster no2Posted 1/24/2013 7:23:48 AM(edited)
Stock and either QuickDraw or red dot to have a clear view.

Mk42 is the best IMO, followed by the lsat, hamr, then qbb.

Also, I find getting headshots with them and racking up the kills for bloodthirsty is pretty easy, compared to the AR's. On almost all the lmg's I was able to get my bloodthirsties before completing the no perk no attachment challenges.
---
One decade on Gfaqs and counting.
#5gameflakPosted 1/24/2013 10:15:58 AM
I would have to agree with this setup advice
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#6PvtPorkSordPosted 1/24/2013 10:33:20 AM
Aside from movement speed the QBB with laser rushes pretty good and will out hipfire SMG's.
#7bbert901Posted 1/24/2013 10:58:23 AM
I dont use lightweight, i find the stock is enough speed ads to work for me. I use with mk48 in hardpoint:

Perk 1 greed
Primary gunfighter
Stock
Suppressor
Red dot
Flak jacket
Hardline
Toughness
Tac mask
---
http://i.imgur.com/OFUbs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Gzd6P.jpg http://oi48.tinypic.com/256xlj4.jpg
#8Astro_B0mbPosted 1/24/2013 11:00:31 AM
PDW.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#9Gotenks1215Posted 1/24/2013 11:05:18 AM
MK48 kills faster and has better recoil and accuracy to me than the LSAT, which is 2nd imo.
---
No sig atm =[
#10KazumiAmanoPosted 1/24/2013 12:22:39 PM
I've found the MK48 to be the most effective LMG. Low recoil, high power, and the range on it is massive so you're almost always killing in 3 bullets. I find the QBB and HAMR are both good, definitely a little better up close due to a higher fire rate, but overall less effective. The LSAT is IMO the weakest of the LMGs, kind of trying to be a jack of all trades but without enough strengths to merit the use of.
---
"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly