People who like this game:

#1BTzzPosted 1/25/2013 10:16:47 AM
This is a non-threatening post, not claiming you to be wrong in any way for liking this game as it's your prerogative. I'm just mildly curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFnIckyoxg

What is your reaction to lag comp as someone who enjoys this game and believes it to be good? Essentially it's some testing that shows a 4 bar on Black Ops is about equivalent to a 2 bar on previous CODs in terms of lag. And it's really not a deniable thing or a questionable occurrence, it's provable. Does it not affect you that much? Do you just try to ignore it? Just wondering.
#2trakrunr4evrPosted 1/25/2013 10:19:33 AM
I enjoy the game but only play a few games per day before getting off. That's how I enjoy it.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#3Baraka32Posted 1/25/2013 10:20:25 AM
I don't deny the existence of lag compensation

I enjoy playing the game, period.
---
Platinums: 5 (Infamous 1 & 2, Wolverine: Origins, Iron Man 2, Midnight Club:LA)
PSN: DunkinDave32
#4BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:22:14 AM
Baraka32 posted...

Why, though?
#5fizzle2222Posted 1/25/2013 10:23:51 AM
Baraka32 posted...

---
http://i.imgur.com/sDX97.jpg - Stay Frosty~
#6thousandinonePosted 1/25/2013 10:28:30 AM(edited)
Overall, and objectively, I mostly don't even notice it.

There are exceptions; sometimes you get a particularly bad game, wonky connections, etc, and it becomes extremely noticeable.

It gets a bad rep because of the way we think, basically- it's called Confirmation Bias. You may get a bunch of kills that you can thank lag comp for, but aren't likely to notice those. On the other hand, when you see that one killcam where you emptied a clip into the guy that killed you but don't have a shot fired in the cam, its rather normal to rage about it.

Beyond that- we don't get to see killcams for our own kills, so even if we think that last kill was pure skill or pure lag comp, we don't really have a way to know.

So we've got all the hallmarks of a classic confirmation bias exacerbated by the fact that we don't readily get to see when it works in our favor.

All that said, I come from the era of internet games over dialup, and have had to 'untrain' myself of my lag shooting habit with modern tech; as such, lag issues may not be as big a deal to me as it is to others who don't have as much history with online gaming...
---
Worst thing about grammar police: They're cannibals. If one makes a single typo or error while 'critiquing' someone, they will be EVISCERATED by their fellows.
#7gunho7Posted 1/25/2013 10:26:01 AM
BTzz posted...
Baraka32 posted...

Why, though?

cause it's the newest cod, I don't like playing the old ones and don't feel like looking around for other games I might like. I also enjoy this game because I only play with friends.
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#8BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:37:27 AM
thousandinone posted...
Overall, and objectively, I mostly don't even notice it.

There are exceptions; sometimes you get a particularly bad game, wonky connections, etc, and it becomes extremely noticeable.

It gets a bad rep because of the way we think, basically- it's called Confirmation Bias. You may get a bunch of kills that you can thank lag comp for, but aren't likely to notice those. On the other hand, when you see that one killcam where you emptied a clip into the guy that killed you but don't have a shot fired in the cam, its rather normal to rage about it.

Beyond that- we don't get to see killcams for our own kills, so even if we think that last kill was pure skill or pure lag comp, we don't really have a way to know.

So we've got all the hallmarks of a classic confirmation bias exacerbated by the fact that we don't readily get to see when it works in our favor.

All that said, I come from the era of internet games over dialup, and have had to 'untrain' myself of my lag shooting habit with modern tech; as such, lag issues may not be as big a deal to me as it is to others who don't have as much history with online gaming...

I don't think confirmation bias is the issue here, the issue itself is to blame. It's the same with overpowered weapons, how one may use them and complain about it being used against them. The core of the problem is lag compensation, not the idea that people notice/don't notice it. It's always there regardless of perception.
#9Krazoa2Posted 1/25/2013 10:40:55 AM(edited)
Krazoa2 posted...
I like the part where this has been in offline splitscreen for all CoDs, CoD4 and on.

But my truthful post will, yet again, be ignored.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#10Baraka32Posted 1/25/2013 10:47:26 AM
BTzz posted...
Baraka32 posted...

Why, though?

I'm finishing up the diamond camos tonight, I enjoy doing the challenges.
Because the spawns are so frustrating, I've switched from mainly FFA to Dom.
Pick 10 allows me to mix and match everything instead of being stuck with 1 perk in each tier.
I like there being legit challenges for the launchers instead of kills
---
Platinums: 5 (Infamous 1 & 2, Wolverine: Origins, Iron Man 2, Midnight Club:LA)
PSN: DunkinDave32