Shouldn't a community manager kinda, ya know, communicate with the community?

#1fatclemenzaPosted 1/25/2013 4:29:37 PM
Or "creative strategist" or whatever the hell title they give Vonderhaar these days. I think he should be on at least every other day for 30-60 minutes answering some questions from us on Twitter. I realize that the majority of the tweets he gets are rage-filled teenage angst, but many are still probably legitimate questions or concerns. He only seems to get on every few days to post some snappy comment about competitive play.

I'm sure I'm not alone in the feeling that I'm willing to give the game another shot after this coming update, which he already hyped up as "big". Since it would make sense to release it the same day as the DLC, that means it should already be in cert. Why can we not get patch notes? It would be nice to have a preview how much better/worse the game will get.

Does Vonderhaar even have a purpose besides being a character model and servant to the pro players?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#2HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/25/2013 4:31:36 PM
Dinosaurs!
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#3HirusekiPosted 1/25/2013 4:32:23 PM
fatclemenza posted...

Does Vonderhaar even have a purpose besides being a character model and servant to the pro players?

You forgot about Faze and Optic. He seems to bum those as well.
#4MrBombasticaIPosted 1/25/2013 4:34:55 PM
He's the Game Designer Director. He's not at all Community Manager. He just happens to be a dev with twitter. People seem to see him as their unofficial one anyone.
---
Storm Legion
I have a pet wussy. You that read wrong. You read that wrong too.
#5nuschler2212Posted 1/25/2013 4:36:43 PM
That's strange, I was going to make a topic similar to this one before I read it.

I'm amazed how little Treyarch has communicated this year. Vonderhaar, who is supposed to be the mouthpiece of a billion dollar game, goes days without posting on Twitter (which he uses as his official arena for communication). And most of the time, he avoids addressing anything of worth.

I haven't played this game in probably a month and, like you, am willing to give the game a try after the update. But, for the first time since WaW, I'm not planning on buying any map packs and most likely won't unless the game is significantly improved via the update.

This from a hardcore CoD player who has bought every game (and map pack except for WaW) since it came out on the computer more than a decade ago.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#6KK_WarslutPosted 1/25/2013 4:39:16 PM
Not surprised he's gone meek after denying lag compensation and his arrogant, obnoxious tweets on the subject; "I've never seen it", "show me proof", since when several videos have, embarrassingly for him, proven its existence conclusively.
---
Gamertag: STBCOW
#7nuschler2212Posted 1/25/2013 4:39:21 PM
MrBombasticaI posted...
He's the Game Designer Director. He's not at all Community Manager. He just happens to be a dev with twitter. People seem to see him as their unofficial one anyone.

There is no "official" community manager. Probably by design by Treyarch.

He announces all news via his Twitter.

Nobody else announces news for Black Ops.

Therefore, call him what you will, he is there spokesperson.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#8MrBombasticaIPosted 1/25/2013 4:40:15 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
That's strange, I was going to make a topic similar to this one before I read it.

I'm amazed how little Treyarch has communicated this year. Vonderhaar, who is supposed to be the mouthpiece of a billion dollar game, goes days without posting on Twitter (which he uses as his official arena for communication). And most of the time, he avoids addressing anything of worth.

I haven't played this game in probably a month and, like you, am willing to give the game a try after the update. But, for the first time since WaW, I'm not planning on buying any map packs and most likely won't unless the game is significantly improved via the update.

This from a hardcore CoD player who has bought every game (and map pack except for WaW) since it came out on the computer more than a decade ago.

He's not really a mouthpiece. He's more of a "I can drop hints, but not much" kind of guy. He would be allowed to do less than an actual Comm Manager, which is why you see him doing less. If they had a Robert Bowling, or Tina, then they would probably give more info out. At least, that's what I get from the whole thing. I remember my twitter being spammed before MW3 came out by Bowling, but I liked it. I do think Treyarch need a guy LIKE him, but not him.
---
Storm Legion
#9MrBombasticaIPosted 1/25/2013 4:42:40 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
MrBombasticaI posted...

There is no "official" community manager. Probably by design by Treyarch.

He announces all news via his Twitter.

Nobody else announces news for Black Ops.

Therefore, call him what you will, he is there spokesperson.

Yeah, I know there isn't one. That's why they need one. The company needs to use a pretty important guy in the design progress to talk for them, which is why he doesn't talk much lately. Hey, it could be Treyarch's fault that there is not much news coming from him, maybe he's released info he wasn't supposed to? But if they are going to use someone to talk for them, give that person a specific job. Don't use the Director of design.
---
Storm Legion
#10fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:46:53 PM
I put him on the same platform as Bowling since he was the one doing all of the interviews with gaming sites before launch. Somebody needs to be responsible for keeping communication.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won