Update is live. Patch notes here.

#61AlexanaxelaPosted 1/26/2013 2:55:32 AM
From: DougEInstructor | Posted: 1/26/2013 3:50:06 AM | #057
Someone on this board said Vonderhaar wouldn't touch the FAL. What a bunch of BS. This sucks.

i never believed vonderheart, these guys lie waaay too much for me to believe their words
---
Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you.
Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure.
#62Soul_IntruderPosted 1/26/2013 2:57:43 AM
Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally.

Haha.
#63FeelMyBladePosted 1/26/2013 2:57:45 AM
Silver17 posted...
*Looks over at my silenced PDW*

Well it was a good ride kid...

To be honest, it was quite strong for its purpose.
I am sad, but I don't mind the nerf.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#64Telvanni_guardPosted 1/26/2013 2:58:53 AM
"*Looks over at my silenced PDW*

Well it was a good ride kid..."

Trust me. You'll still do fine with it. That gun's crazy.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#65Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/26/2013 2:58:54 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Suppressors on SMGs reduce range? What the actual F***?

There was no objective reason to not use a suppressor on them. Didn't really reduce their damage that much considering the map sizes. Now it's an actual trade off, which is what attachments are suppose to be.

Why did it need a tradeoff? The fact that you wasted a slot on it should be enough. Now it will be practically useless to use them. They hid your position just about as well as anything else. Everyone notices the teammate's death skull or headset users always hear the gunfire clearly.

It's like how they nerfed dead silence in MW3 against Sitrep pro. Even the slightest change would make it useless. No matter how strong dead silence seemed, all it did was hide you. There is no harm in that. Stealth perks or attachments should never get compared to regular slot item competition. Suppressors didn't assist in kills, for the most part. It just kept you safe. Now it has become a liability.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#66Telvanni_guardPosted 1/26/2013 3:04:17 AM
"Why did it need a tradeoff? The fact that you wasted a slot on it should be enough. Now it will be practically useless to use them. They hid your position just about as well as anything else. Everyone notices the teammate's death skull or headset users always hear the gunfire clearly."

There's a reason why Ghost was the most picked perk in BO1.

Not being on the radar is an amazing advantage. Seeing the skull does not show them where your little red dot was or where you will be positioned.

Slight movements thanks to the silencer can let you hold a choke point for an incredibly long time.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#67Silver17Posted 1/26/2013 3:06:57 AM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Silver17 posted...
*Looks over at my silenced PDW*

Well it was a good ride kid...

To be honest, it was quite strong for its purpose.
I am sad, but I don't mind the nerf.

^ I'm just glad that I got it to diamond last week. I started working on ARs last week.

Still it "was" my "Go-to gun" setup. Oh well... :(
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#68Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/26/2013 3:12:34 AM
Telvanni_guard posted...
"Why did it need a tradeoff? The fact that you wasted a slot on it should be enough. Now it will be practically useless to use them. They hid your position just about as well as anything else. Everyone notices the teammate's death skull or headset users always hear the gunfire clearly."

There's a reason why Ghost was the most picked perk in BO1.

Not being on the radar is an amazing advantage. Seeing the skull does not show them where your little red dot was or where you will be positioned.

Slight movements thanks to the silencer can let you hold a choke point for an incredibly long time.

I think that depends on the situation. Most people would see skulls collect in a specific area and make the assumption that someone's trying to hold the area. Even if for just 1 skull, you'd know that someone was around just a few moments ago. That is almost completely identical to dots on the radar, which would show briefly until the kill was made with the shooter ceasing fire. The only inferior aspects to skulls compared to radar blips would be that you can't judge shooter distance, and that dots provide a quicker feed, but not that much quicker.

And this is ignoring that half of the playerbase uses headsets. Even $30 headsets could judge suppressed fire position since it is very loud, save for suppressed shotguns or sniper rifles. I am not completely disagreeing. I just think that the devs nerfed something that will even help destroy aspects of competitive gameplay. I guess my flanking playstyle is once again going take less favor to camping ones.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#69Silver17Posted 1/26/2013 3:13:21 AM
Telvanni_guard posted...
"*Looks over at my silenced PDW*

Well it was a good ride kid..."

Trust me. You'll still do fine with it. That gun's crazy.

Yeah well.. If QS ever gets nerfed I'm gonna be pointing at these patch notes..

I mean I'm bummed, but they would be spamming multiple threads of rage...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#70MoegittoPosted 1/26/2013 3:16:45 AM
Didn't look at the link yet, but I "FEEL" like the Ballista was slightly nerfed. I was using it and I got A LOT more hitmarkers than usual, I tried using the DSR and was getting OHK's all day.

But all in all with the exception of the FAL OSW + Select Fire, non of this effects me. Well, that would be a lie because I use the LSAT :)
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121