Update is live. Patch notes here.

#71Silver17Posted 1/26/2013 3:20:30 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Suppressors on SMGs reduce range? What the actual F***?

There was no objective reason to not use a suppressor on them. Didn't really reduce their damage that much considering the map sizes. Now it's an actual trade off, which is what attachments are suppose to be.

Why did it need a tradeoff? The fact that you wasted a slot on it should be enough. Now it will be practically useless to use them. They hid your position just about as well as anything else. Everyone notices the teammate's death skull or headset users always hear the gunfire clearly..

It's pretty rare that me and Soul_On_Display agree. (feels kinda weird too)

The average COD player chases anything red on the map. This nerf hurts RunNGun flankers like me...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#72SuicydeStealthPosted 1/26/2013 3:21:35 AM
East Coast. Just got booted out of a game to update. 32MB. I was tearing it up too :(

Let's see the changes!
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/138757.png
Seek... Hide... Kill... anything else is of no importance.
#73Soul_IntruderPosted 1/26/2013 3:23:07 AM
Silver17 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

There was no objective reason to not use a suppressor on them. Didn't really reduce their damage that much considering the map sizes. Now it's an actual trade off, which is what attachments are suppose to be.

Why did it need a tradeoff? The fact that you wasted a slot on it should be enough. Now it will be practically useless to use them. They hid your position just about as well as anything else. Everyone notices the teammate's death skull or headset users always hear the gunfire clearly..

The average COD player chases anything red on the map. This nerf hurts RunNGun flankers like me...

Well if you're a runner and a flanker then you should have no trouble getting close to what you want to kill. The reduction in range only hurts those who tackle AR or LMG users head on and manage to win.
#74Telvanni_guardPosted 1/26/2013 3:23:42 AM
"I think that depends on the situation. Most people would see skulls collect in a specific area and make the assumption that someone's trying to hold the area. Even if for just 1 skull, you'd know that someone was around just a few moments ago. That is almost completely identical to dots on the radar, which would show briefly until the kill was made with the shooter ceasing fire. The only inferior aspects to skulls compared to radar blips would be that you can't judge shooter distance, and that dots provide a quicker feed, but not that much quicker."

I think you're underestimating the value of knowing shooter distance. Skulls do tell you that someone died in the area but that's not what you want. You want to know where the guy is that shot them. Assuming it's an SMG user, you're not going to get that much time to figure out where the guy is when you enter the room. This is why the red dot is horrible for you. The SMGs have a distinct advantage in most close encounters add in the element of surprise to them and they've got a winning situation. Add a medium range to that and they've got a hard winning situation.

"And this is ignoring that half of the playerbase uses headsets. Even $30 headsets could judge suppressed fire position since it is very loud, save for suppressed shotguns or sniper rifles."

That, I'll completely agree with. Playing a lot of hardcore, even without a headset, and finding silenced guns relative position isn't all that hard. But it's still only a relative position rather than an exact one.

"I am not completely disagreeing. I just think that the devs nerfed something that will even help destroy aspects of competitive gameplay. I guess my flanking playstyle is once again going take less favor to camping ones."

For the record, the main times I see a silenced SMG user flanking is when they're camping the spawns. The range on the silencer let them do that for way too long in my opinion.

"Didn't look at the link yet, but I "FEEL" like the Ballista was slightly nerfed. I was using it and I got A LOT more hitmarkers than usual, I tried using the DSR and was getting OHK's all day."

DSR is a one shot anywhere above the waist. I think the Ballista gives hit markers on arms.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#75Silver17Posted 1/26/2013 3:25:33 AM
Soul_Intruder posted...
Silver17 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Well if you're a runner and a flanker then you should have no trouble getting close to what you want to kill. The reduction in range only hurts those who tackle AR or LMG users head on and manage to win.

No it still hurts me because I can't pick people off from a distance that I think might see me on my route...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#76MegaTape13Posted 1/26/2013 3:31:49 AM
Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.

No more functional ADS delay?

A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.

lol spawns. What the hell. The fact that this could actually happen, and happen enough to warrant patching, is pretty ridiculous.

SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.

I never really realized they could adjust headshot damage based on range. I mean, it makes perfect sense that they would be able to, I just never really considered it before. I don't much use for it, though.

All in all, good changes. However, the only 2 things I actually cared about -- maps/spawns and the stupid lag -- were not addressed, so I plan to continue not playing this game :\
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#77Aether_Lyric(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:32:10 AM
gamester091 posted...
You also get points for assists and destroying killstreaks/equipment now

Any you complaining about not being able to get a VSAT in TDM, which pretty much turns TDM into easy mode....its good that its hard to get

I'm not complaining that VSAT's are hard to get, I was just using that as an example since it's literally the exact same killstreak in both BO1 and BO2

Assist points and destroying streaks aren't common or consistent enough to affect TDM's score drastically
#78lolcharizardPosted 1/26/2013 3:37:52 AM
R.I.P. Stock on SMGs.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#79Soul_IntruderPosted 1/26/2013 3:38:00 AM
Silver17 posted...
Soul_Intruder posted...
Silver17 posted...

No it still hurts me because I can't pick people off from a distance that I think might see me on my route...

The AR class is made exactly to handle both close range and medium range but not excelling in either. You shouldn't be able to do several things well with one setup. SMGs are already godly in close range, and they already let you move faster than the rest of the primary weapons so you can reach your destinations a lot faster. Imagine if LMG users could take out SMG users in close range "on their route" to whatever long sightline they're going to go to. That would upset you.
#80MoegittoPosted 1/26/2013 3:38:10 AM
-Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.

KSG say's hi!

-Trophy System: increased range.

Finally, EMP proofed

-LMGs:
All: ADS in and out time reduced.

LSAT/HAMR love

Gonna be a fun next couple of days until they have to drop another patch after Tuesday...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121