Peacekeeper is gonna need to be unlocked!

#1RedsandwitchPosted 1/26/2013 10:15:05 AM
just a FYI, but after i finally got the update to work i noticed not only did it put all the new content in the game from the new map pack already...all it did was hide and lock it all until Tuesday...but i noticed that me, being at lvl 53, it said i had a new Sub Machine Gun available for use...so i looked and there wasn't anything at all but the NEW icon would not go away. Well my wife is on lvl 46 and didn't have it appear at all. this would have to mean that the Peacekeeper will be an unlockable gun most likely at around lvl 48-50 casue the last sub is unlocked at lvl 46.

So just a heads up, it looks like if you are about to prestige or have and don't know what to spend your token on...save it until Tuesday or be forced to wait til lvl 48 or higher!
#2dealadayPosted 1/26/2013 10:17:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Akiba69Posted 1/26/2013 10:18:54 AM
Well me level right now is 32 and i have the NEW thing despite having nothing new.

I think it is just random, but it is definitely doing it because of the peacekeeper.
#4Aether_LyricPosted 1/26/2013 10:21:22 AM
I highly doubt they would level gate a gun you payed for....
#5fatclemenzaPosted 1/26/2013 10:24:36 AM
I highly doubt they would level gate a gun you payed for....

BF3 made it so that you had to do extremely annoying challenges to unlock the new guns
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#6Aether_LyricPosted 1/26/2013 10:31:42 AM
fatclemenza posted...
BF3 made it so that you had to do extremely annoying challenges to unlock the new guns

Thankfully Activision isn't stupid as EA and probably won't make the same mistake. I hope. I really don't see the point lol
#7Silver17Posted 1/26/2013 10:47:57 AM
Redsandwitch posted...
just a FYI, but after i finally got the update to work i noticed not only did it put all the new content in the game from the new map pack already...all it did was hide and lock it all until Tuesday...but i noticed that me, being at lvl 53, it said i had a new Sub Machine Gun available for use...so i looked and there wasn't anything at all but the NEW icon would not go away. Well my wife is on lvl 46 and didn't have it appear at all. this would have to mean that the Peacekeeper will be an unlockable gun most likely at around lvl 48-50 casue the last sub is unlocked at lvl 46.

So just a heads up, it looks like if you are about to prestige or have and don't know what to spend your token on...save it until Tuesday or be forced to wait til lvl 48 or higher!

It's just an update trigger, you still need to download everything on Tuesday.

Nobody has the maps or the gun available yet...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#8SeiferFCPosted 1/26/2013 11:16:02 AM
Redsandwitch posted...

When it says "New" it just means there's something you haven't scrolled over yet in the menus. It doesn't mean you have to spend an unlock token on it.

Don't spread misinformation and half-assed guesses.
---
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!
#9Foxx3kPosted 1/26/2013 11:46:58 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
fatclemenza posted...

Thankfully Activision isn't stupid as EA and probably won't make the same mistake. I hope. I really don't see the point lol

LOL

I loved having to unlock weapons.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#10Redsandwitch(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:47:35 AM
all i was saying is that is how updates work...the content is there it just needs to be unlocked by buying it, also i understand how the NEW thing works and i highlighted everything and it still says NEW, so that is just my GUESS...just puting it out there so people like me dont just spend their prestige token on something they dont need or want INCASE its like the one person said that BF3 did. Just trying to be HELPFUL not a TROLL or anything.