AR's are now the best weapon class.

#51duericPosted 1/26/2013 3:24:20 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
zzhbombzz posted...
I believe ARs to be the best class as well. SMGs are fun, but a skilled player can dominate with an AR.

A skilled player should be able to dominate regardless of weapon.

Not in Blops 2. This game, more than any other COD uses the "rock, paper, scissors" approach to ridiculous extents.

In Blops 2, the perks and the weapon you're using are the difference between Lodestars and rage quitting.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#52chessmyantidrugPosted 1/26/2013 3:26:01 PM
dueric posted...
zzhbombzz posted...
I believe ARs to be the best class as well. SMGs are fun, but a skilled player can dominate with an AR.

Not in Blops 2. This game, more than any other COD uses the "rock, paper, scissors" approach to ridiculous extents.

In Blops 2, the perks and the weapon you're using are the difference between Lodestars and rage quitting.

While going for gold camo with the SWAT-556, I got a K9 Unit. No perks or attachments. Weapon doesn't matter nearly as much as people believe it does.
#53duericPosted 1/26/2013 3:27:26 PM
dueric posted...
zzhbombzz posted...

While going for gold camo with the SWAT-556, I got a K9 Unit. No perks or attachments. Weapon doesn't matter nearly as much as people believe it does.

Oh. Yeah. I forgot who I was talking to.

Like you're the only person in the history of Blops 2 to get Dogs using a s***** weapon.

Cmon, man. Stop being that guy.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#54chessmyantidrugPosted 1/26/2013 3:35:06 PM
dueric posted...

Like you're the only person in the history of Blops 2 to get Dogs using a s***** weapon.

I'm not being "that guy." You have some convoluted misconception that this game is vastly different from any Call of Duty title before it. The perks and weapons don't matter that much.
#55GreatKiraLordPosted 1/26/2013 3:35:41 PM
SWAT without silencer is beautiful.
#56duericPosted 1/26/2013 3:36:28 PM
dueric posted...

I'm not being "that guy." You have some convoluted misconception that this game is vastly different from any Call of Duty title before it. The perks and weapons don't matter that much.

We're done.
---
#57supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:36:40 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
SWAT without silencer is beautiful.

---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#58Zero IXPosted 1/26/2013 3:49:02 PM
dueric posted...

Perks and weapons only don't matter "that much" in that your skill level vs. that of your opponents and your team is a bigger factor (as always). The more evenly matched you are against an opponent, the more decisive those perks and attachments can make, and frankly, with the state of the networking in this game, a good player will recognize the benefit in amassing every advantage at his or her disposal.

As someone who thinks rock-paper-scissors balancing is stupid, BOII doesn't offend overmuch in this regard. Can't think of many RPS scenarios in my native playlist of KC, where SMGs were rocks and everything else was scissors (no paper, sorry).

I honestly think BOII strikes the best balance between a "skill" player and a "mental" player of any CoD when the netcode doesn't place both players well outside the realm of competition.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#59BattleAxeRXPosted 1/26/2013 3:49:44 PM
"Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen.."

It's not that the brain is programmed. Is it the programming of the brain that some people can't just sit down at drums for the first time in their life and do a rock beat?

draw a circle repeatedly while rotating your right leg the opposite direction. Now the brain lets it happen.

@TC, oh cool, now that AR's are good I should make more classes with ARs.

Oh wait.

I can't.

The patch deleted my extra CaC slots.

Forgot.
---
Resonance of Fate is the best game you've never played. Buy it On Demand. Merry Christmas.
#60zzhbombzzPosted 1/26/2013 3:50:22 PM
zzhbombzz posted...

Really? Regardless of weapon? You must be good.
---
I'm NICE, but not that nice.