Best gamemode to go for headshots?

#1SoProTheyGoWoahPosted 1/26/2013 4:38:49 PM
Hi all... starting this coming week I'm going to be trying to get diamond on the SMGs, and I was wondering if any of you know from experience what a good gametype is to get the most headshots. I was thinking Ground War, as there are more people and more likely going to be people not paying attention or AFC, and the more people means more kills, likely meaning more headshots.

TL;DR... if you've gotten diamond SMGs, what gametype did you find it easiest to get headshots in?
---
I GOT THE CAT SCRATCH FEVER
#2AristophPosted 1/26/2013 4:57:14 PM(edited)
Just a warning, be prepared for a bunch of douchebags to show up and ask if you've tried aiming for the head. I've made this exact topic before and that's basically all I got.

As far as actual help, though, I recommend game modes where people need to remain still for short periods. Domination can be good, if you catch a lone enemy trying to cap a flag on their own, they usually crouch or lay down and stay relatively still making for easy headshots if you sneak up on them. Demolition is pretty good too, if you have a nice spot to keep an eye on the bomb sites without being noticed.

EDIT: For the record, I'm currently working on diamond SMGs right now, but I've already gotten diamond ARs and those are the gametypes I found most reliable for the freebie headshots on top of the ones you get from general playing. Using a laser sight and hip-firing while aiming slightly above the waist seems to be pretty reliable too.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#3Baraka32Posted 1/26/2013 4:56:34 PM
Just finished diamond ARs last night

FFA w/concussions and scavenger. Stun 'em and aim for the head
---
Platinums: 5 (Infamous 1 & 2, Wolverine: Origins, Iron Man 2, Midnight Club:LA)
PSN: DunkinDave32
#4verby45Posted 1/26/2013 5:11:16 PM
FFA and Dom mostly. Beware, some games i got 5 ish and the next ten I got like 3.
---
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
GT: Fic56
#5scarface_jrPosted 1/26/2013 5:11:25 PM
Just play like you normally would and you'll get it.
---
"There are good guys and there are bad guys in this world, and make no mistake I am a bad, bad man." -CM Punk
#6SantaClausPlaysPosted 1/26/2013 5:21:01 PM
I agree with all that said FFA. Seriously, it's almost like going up against bots.
---
Pro Tip= The cake is a lie...
#7ICantNameGudPosted 1/26/2013 5:23:22 PM
I like how "aim for the head" is considered a bad strategy -.-

Guess that's why I have all of my primaries in diamond while other people ask if there's a magic trick.
---
Inb4/MadAndBad, inb4/UrMissingTehPoint, inb4/PostUrGT