Why was COD 4 the best again?

#31ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 1/26/2013 11:04:31 PM
CalvinCandie posted...

The only knocks against W@W are the MP40 being a powerful weapon that shakes like a washer machine with a cinder block in it (As if there was no problem with the M16 in COD4), and Tanks. Wow. Soooooo hard to take out a tank. It has some dated things like 3 killstreaks, no host migration and not splitting the community by map packs.

MP40 wasn't even a problem on the PC version from what I understand, and tanks are easily taken out with satchels and sticky grenades.
#32CalvinCandiePosted 1/26/2013 11:07:35 PM
I know. It's completely baffling why people wouldn't like W@W. They must just suck.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#33ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 1/26/2013 11:18:12 PM
CalvinCandie posted...
I know. It's completely baffling why people wouldn't like W@W. They must just suck.

I think that most people can't immediately get a feel for WaW as naturally as they can with other CODs and it also happens to be "more of the same old" in the eyes of people who haven't really given it a try. It's a game that rewards strategic map usage and proper distancing / intelligent rushing, and that's not something you can do when you first pick up the game.
#34legendX66Posted 1/26/2013 11:31:15 PM
the maps for me. Best maps in the series. The gameplay was simpler. They are too convoluted now.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#35MG42_CHEFPosted 1/26/2013 11:32:48 PM
The only tweaks that were needed were Frag x3 and just grenade damage in general. Noob tubes were relatively weak. Rockets were only used for taking out helis, C4 was rarely used as well. Juggernaut just needed to be split up, to be balanced with SP. M16 was 'OP' apparently. Was it a top tier weapon yes, but so was the AK, the G36, G3, MP5, P90, AK74u, and RPD.

Oh and the other thing that needed to be fixed was that pesky M40A3 ACOG OSK to the toe glitch.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#36ChocoXCheesePosted 1/27/2013 12:17:21 AM
Because they're all the same, but 4 is more than 1, 2, and 3.
---
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#37F_H_NukemPosted 1/27/2013 12:30:22 AM
TOO_BAD_FOR_U posted...
CoD4 > Blops > W@W > MW2 > MW3 = Blops2

i hate anyone that has a different opinion. they are all trolls and only my opinion is right.

FTFY
:)
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#38KotomineKireiPosted 1/27/2013 12:53:41 AM
AaronHutch posted...
mostly nostalgia

the maps were really good but the core gameplay was really bad

zeus grenades EVERYWHERE

I just bought Call of Duty 4 about a year or less ago, and it was great, not because of nostalgia(obviously)

Anyway, to the topic question.
I think it was/is the best because bullets actually hit what you aim at, and you don't get killed at a place where you where not at.
Unlike CoD 6+...
Also, the maps are pretty good(though they feel a bit...boxed, but that's to be expected since it was released when it was), and the weapons felt pretty balanced(I could actually use most of the weapons)
I will say though, the amount of modded lobbies(run speed, infinite ammo, etc.) is somewhat amazing, but a welcome change of pace every once in a while(or every two games...)
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#39singhellotakuPosted 1/27/2013 1:23:33 AM
I always hear people say that they liked mw2 best despite all the wacky bs that went on, don't you think that it the insane nature of mw2 that truly made it great? My biggest problem with BO1 was that it went to enormous lengths to be balanced, famas and aks74u aside, and that made it kind of boring.
#40AlleRacingPosted 1/27/2013 1:26:21 AM
It was the best because it was the first CoD most people played. I had the most fun in CoD2.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg