Why was COD 4 the best again?

#41AlleRacingPosted 1/27/2013 12:34:58 AM(edited)
CoD started sucking when they added a s*** ton of stuff to appeal to casuals and bad players

Which started with 4...

M16 was 'OP' apparently. Was it a top tier weapon yes, but so was the AK, the G36, G3, MP5, P90, AK74u, and RPD.

You're so far off. The P90 and G36C weren't even close to top tier, the attachment debuffs on the AKs rendered them inferior, the G3 could be good with either an amazing trigger finger of macro controller. Of those, only the M16, MP5 and RPD were top tier, and the M16 was easily the head of that pack.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#42OEIO999Posted 1/27/2013 12:41:59 AM(edited)
Most original from the current series, the rest are just copy and paste.
Initiated the domination of great MP, the series was 'born' again from this game (good gameplay, maps, weapon variety).
The SP/Campaign was also to be reckoned with, not just an add-on witnessed from its sequels.
#43OEIO999Posted 1/27/2013 12:44:31 AM(edited)
CalvinCandie posted...
I love BO2, the first BO is still my favorite. MW3 was the worst COD in my opinion

MW3 is superior to Black Ops 2 in just about every way possible.

I can't tell you how much I agree with this, this game is a disgrace compared to its predecessors. And it's not just nostalgia talking, the quality and refinement in this series has plummeted.
#44SpydogKPosted 1/27/2013 1:39:35 AM(edited)
It's all nostalgia... Kiddy nostalgia at that...

On Xbox 360, COD 2 is better and WaW equaled it...

Including PC, no game in the series is better than the original with the United Offensive Map Pack...

Anyone who says MW2 is better has a few screws loose...
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#45NejiHyuga900Posted 1/27/2013 5:13:40 AM
CoD4 is nostalgic to me. But I didn't find it revolutionary (but I found Halo 3 to be revolutionary for me for online gaming).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#46BoyWitArabStrapPosted 1/27/2013 9:02:39 AM
fatclemenza posted...
- Not enough weapons
- Only three K/S's
- SP and Jugg = pointless
- 3x grenades
- Launcher
- RPG = useless
- Lack of perks
- Lack of attachments

Bold = reasons the game was best
Italics = what are you even talking about

Yeah, because having three k/s's made the game SO MUCH SIMPLER and ABOUT WHAT SHOOTERZ ARE RELI BOUT AMIRITE!?

Screw that, if you wanna use three k/s's then go ahead and equip UAV, lightning strike and a chopper. I'll stick to dogs, vsat and a newly improved dragonfire thx.

Are you really telling me SP and Jugg should've stayed in this game?

Why would you not want the game highly customizable are you kidding?
---
Mas tragem Lucifer pra mim
Em una bandeja, pra mim
#47fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 9:05:52 AM
I'll stick to dogs, vsat and a newly improved dragonfire thx.

Oh, so you're that teammate who puts on high streaks and gets them once every 5 matches? Cool.

They wouldn't work with wildcards around, but the series was objectively better when they were both around with the stealth perk.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#48Foxx3kPosted 1/27/2013 9:09:21 AM
To put it simply:

Call of Duty 4 put an emphasis on skill, not chaos.

This is the running trend of the "great" CODs (COD4, WAW, BLOPS1) in comparison to the "lesser" CODs (MW2, MW3, BLOPS2), which put an emphasis on insane speed, absurdity, chaos, and a relative restriction around allowing great players to beat poor players.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#49RoketomanPosted 1/27/2013 9:10:37 AM
Foxx3k posted...
To put it simply:

Call of Duty 4 put an emphasis on skill, not chaos.

This is the running trend of the "great" CODs (COD4, WAW, BLOPS1) in comparison to the "lesser" CODs (MW2, MW3, BLOPS2), which put an emphasis on insane speed, absurdity, chaos, and a relative restriction around allowing great players to beat poor players.

I completely agree.
---
Christ is Lord
#50BoyWitArabStrapPosted 1/27/2013 9:40:37 AM(edited)
fatclemenza posted...
I'll stick to dogs, vsat and a newly improved dragonfire thx.

Oh, so you're that teammate who puts on high streaks and gets them once every 5 matches? Cool.

They wouldn't work with wildcards around, but the series was objectively better when they were both around with the stealth perk.

Yeah, way to nitpick my post and pick two minute points.

And no, it's actually more like every other game, bro.

And even when I don't do good, uhhh at least I'm still aiming to play tactful, rush less and die less? Or else I wouldn't be getting my high k/s's derrrrp.

And no, jugg was stupid and stopping power was stupid.

FMJ and toughness make way more sense than jugg and SP.

I see people's point when they say it's more strategic and the maps are better, but W@W was just absolutely superior in that regard. Almost every lobby I played in that game, people were working together and actually helpful. Best battles on that game man...
---
Mas tragem Lucifer pra mim
Em una bandeja, pra mim