Why was COD 4 the best again?

#51fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 10:46:25 AM
Yeah, way to nitpick my post and pick two minute points.

Your other two "points" weren't even points. The first one was full of salt and the second is a non-issue since there's only a few things ever worth using anyway.

And even when I don't do good, uhhh at least I'm still aiming to play tactful, rush less and die less? Or else I wouldn't be getting my high k/s's derrrrp.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

And no, jugg was stupid and stopping power was stupid.

FMJ and toughness make way more sense than jugg and SP.

They don't even do nearly the same thing. CoD4 had Deep Impact and not idiotic levels of flinch.

You should just close your account before you embarrass yourself further
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#52IVPaleRiderIVPosted 1/27/2013 10:46:54 AM
Because I said so............................again.
---
This message posted from a Tandy 1000
#53chessmyantidrugPosted 1/27/2013 10:55:26 AM
BoyWitArabStrap posted...
- Not enough weapons
- Only three K/S's
- SP and Jugg = pointless
- 3x grenades
- Launcher
- RPG = useless
- Lack of perks
- Lack of attachments

Not enough weapons? It had seven assault rifles, five SMGs, three LMGs, two shotguns and five sniper rifles. That's plenty of variety. I'm a firm believer that adding more weapons makes each weapon less unique and meaningful.

The only launcher was the RPG. And RPGs were far from useless. They were the quickest way to bring down a helicopter.

Lack of perks? Call of Duty 4 had essentially 17 perks if you discount every first tier perk that directly affects equipment/lethals/tacticals.

I actually liked the lack of attachments. You were forced to choose between an optic or silencer. When Modern Warfare 2 introduced the holographic sight, I welcomed the addition since it was an option we've never seen before and gave us four options (RDS, ACOG, holographic and thermal). Now we have seven different optic options. Sometimes less is more.

I personally thought Call of Duty 4 was the best because it was an extremely well made game. The simplicity (dearth of weapons, attachments, killstreaks) made it easy to pick up and play. It was my foray into first-person shooters. I feel like all the stuff they're adding to the series is just diluting the game. When it comes down to it, most people only use a handful of weapons, a handful of perks and a handful of kill/scorestreaks.
#54ih0tfireiPosted 1/27/2013 11:04:17 AM
I love Cod 4 but its my 2nd favorite cod after mw2. Mw2 even with all its nonsense had the best hit detection and maps, which is what's most important to me. If mw2 was re released but with changes to certain perks and kill streaks no longer stacking, I think it would be the best cod ever made.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#55ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 1/27/2013 11:28:02 AM

They wouldn't work with wildcards around, but the series was objectively better when they were both around with the stealth perk.

Yup.

Call of Duty 4 put an emphasis on skill, not chaos.

This is the running trend of the "great" CODs (COD4, WAW, BLOPS1) in comparison to the "lesser" CODs (MW2, MW3, BLOPS2), which put an emphasis on insane speed, absurdity, chaos, and a relative restriction around allowing great players to beat poor players.

Yup.
#56JigglybuffPosted 1/27/2013 11:35:01 AM
TOO_BAD_FOR_U posted...
CoD4 was the best because the guns were balanced and with the exception of a few perks, had none of the bullsh*t that MW2 introduced. You don't need to be nostalgic to see that the game was well put together and thought out.

BAHAHAHA!!! HAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAA! O....k....ok, you got me.

M16, MP5, M40 with ACOG, Scorpian, etc.

Okay....
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
#57ragefan187Posted 1/27/2013 11:41:23 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
I love Cod 4 but its my 2nd favorite cod after mw2. Mw2 even with all its nonsense had the best hit detection and maps, which is what's most important to me. If mw2 was re released but with changes to certain perks and kill streaks no longer stacking, I think it would be the best cod ever made.

pretty much this for me, if not for danger close tubes and commando it would easily have been the best CoD so far
#58fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 11:41:48 AM
M16

Overrated. G3 was better at range, almost everything else was better up close barring a lucky one-burst from the hip. If you didn't kill in one burst, every other gun killed faster. I laugh at people who still say this is OP for any reason besides dying to it a lot.

MP5

Inferior to the AK74u in almost every way

M40 with ACOG

Enjoy getting hitmarkers on Jugg all day, Grizz

Scorpian

I hope you're not calling this OP lmao
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#59Majora1988Posted 1/27/2013 11:41:54 AM
CoD4 in its heyday definitely had some problems, Frag x3, M16SP, and M40 ACOG quickscopers, but its the only CoD I never got bored with and left midway through its release. I played it from the day I got it in summer 2007 to the release of MW2. And it was the CoD I always ended up going back to when I got bored of the others...until the hackers took over.

Stopping Power and Jug should definitely be brought back and should be in the same tier as the stealth perk, btw.
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]
#60NinjaDeath911Posted 1/27/2013 11:42:31 AM
ih0tfirei posted...

It was
It was called MW3 and it was bad