Why was COD 4 the best again?

#61RikiazPosted 1/27/2013 11:44:41 AM
Nostalgia. Anyone that says otherwise is kidding themselves. And yes I have played CoD4. It really isn't spectacular compared to the later CoD games.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#62ih0tfireiPosted 1/27/2013 11:45:21 AM
ragefan187 posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
I love Cod 4 but its my 2nd favorite cod after mw2. Mw2 even with all its nonsense had the best hit detection and maps, which is what's most important to me. If mw2 was re released but with changes to certain perks and kill streaks no longer stacking, I think it would be the best cod ever made.

pretty much this for me, if not for danger close tubes and commando it would easily have been the best CoD so far

I know commando was stupid but it really wasn't that bad since footsteps worked in mw2. I could hear and kill a commando user before he even got to that stupid knife range.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#63DuwstaiPosted 1/27/2013 11:45:57 AM
I still play CoD4 all the time, its much better than the newer CoDs.

Although there are a few things I miss from the newer games, but there is wayyy too much BS that has been added in over the years.

But the real killer is the connection. Its awful in the new CoDs. Mw2 had the best net code but crap like Commando and noob tubes and ridiculous kill streaks ruined it.

The best thing about CoD4 is the fantastic maps and its simplistic nature. It allows the great gun vs gun gameplay to really shine through without all the stupid BS that the new games are infested with.
---
balls
#64ragefan187Posted 1/27/2013 11:48:44 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
ragefan187 posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
I love Cod 4 but its my 2nd favorite cod after mw2. Mw2 even with all its nonsense had the best hit detection and maps, which is what's most important to me. If mw2 was re released but with changes to certain perks and kill streaks no longer stacking, I think it would be the best cod ever made.

pretty much this for me, if not for danger close tubes and commando it would easily have been the best CoD so far

I know commando was stupid but it really wasn't that bad since footsteps worked in mw2. I could hear and kill a commando user before he even got to that stupid knife range.

I agree it wasn't that bad I don't have a headset but I mean I could still deal with commando users well, it was annoying but no where near as OP as danger close tubes , I just mentioned it because it was the next big issue after danger close tubes
#65fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 11:49:09 AM
Nostalgia. Anyone that says otherwise is kidding themselves. And yes I have played CoD4. It really isn't spectacular compared to the later CoD games.

lol this guy
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#66Majora1988Posted 1/27/2013 11:54:09 AM
fatclemenza posted...

lol this guy

How in the hell can you have Nostalgia about a game from this generation? Maybe if you're 15 years old I guess...
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]
#67MoegittoPosted 1/27/2013 11:55:31 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
ragefan187 posted...
ih0tfirei posted...

Now that I think about it, I didn't die by knife as much in MW2. When I did die by a Commando user it was pure BS, but it happened FAR less than it does in this game. Funny how I read posts saying the knife sucks but there are people with gold combat knives and prestiged ballistic knives running around. And the footsteps don't bother me so much but it's the two perks that are supposed to effect them that I find pathetic. It's like they took only the things people complained about in MW3 and nerfed to hell while keeping the latent problems in touch.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#68fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 11:56:04 AM
How in the hell can you have Nostalgia about a game from this generation? Maybe if you're 15 years old I guess...

lol that's what I said way back at the beginning

nobody should have nostalgia over a game from 2007 and if they do then they're probably too young to post here

---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#69bobstevens23123Posted 1/27/2013 12:02:11 PM
Nyangasm posted...
CoD4 and MW2 were the best recent Call of Duty titles and that's all I've got to say about that.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#70DougEInstructorPosted 1/27/2013 12:48:30 PM
TOO_BAD_FOR_U posted...
CoD4 was the best because the guns were balanced and with the exception of a few perks, had none of the bullsh*t that MW2 introduced. You don't need to be nostalgic to see that the game was well put together and thought out.

The M16 in COD4 is the most overpowered gun in all of the COD games.