Why was COD 4 the best again?

#71fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 12:49:50 PM
The M16 in COD4 is the most overpowered gun in all of the COD games.

not even close. I can't believe people still believe this
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#72ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 1/27/2013 12:57:32 PM
fatclemenza posted...
M16

Overrated. G3 was better at range, almost everything else was better up close barring a lucky one-burst from the hip. If you didn't kill in one burst, every other gun killed faster. I laugh at people who still say this is OP for any reason besides dying to it a lot.

I agree that the M16 is overrated, but I'm wondering if you're talking the same gunset as other people are. I can't tell if you're talking pre-patch or post-patch G3, for one. I'd say the M16 is extremely reliable with its low recoil and great low-time-to-kill potential.

Inferior to the AK74u in almost every way

True, most scrubs don't understand this. But it *is* worth saying that, in the MP5's favor is a bit less sway, and that some people are more comfortable with that.
#73fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 1:07:54 PM
I agree that the M16 is overrated, but I'm wondering if you're talking the same gunset as other people are. I can't tell if you're talking pre-patch or post-patch G3, for one. I'd say the M16 is extremely reliable with its low recoil and great low-time-to-kill potential.

The M16 has a problem with consistency at long range. Take from the hill on Bog into the OpFor spawn (the bad one). Sometimes I can get a 1 burst on a fully-exposed enemy, other times it will take 2 or even 3, with only the first bullet of each burst hitting. At mid range, you were nearly unbeatable with a 2-hit kill coming out extremely quickly, provided you got on target. I won't deny the M16 being a very well-rounded weapon, but to call it the most OP weapon in any CoD game is so off-base.

The patch really only killed (maybe over exaggeration) the G3 up close. At range you can still put 3 (or sometimes 2 depending on range) shots on target in rapid succession. Post patch I liked the M14 much more since you could still get a 1-shot up close from the head and neck multipliers.

As for the MP5, no sway is a fair advantage. Personally, I liked the P90 better than both for the large magazine and quicker kill speed at range, especially with a silencer.
---
#74ninjaman148Posted 1/27/2013 1:16:52 PM
Call of Duty 4: Back when modern weapons didn't have a rail system protruding out of every possible angle.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#75Foxx3kPosted 1/27/2013 1:20:26 PM
ninjaman148 posted...
Call of Duty 4: Back when modern weapons didn't have a rail system protruding out of every possible angle.

I *long* for the return of the 'vanilla' AK47.

I hate the tacticool RAS'd up 'PMC' style AK47 that keeps popping up in games.

(That said - I love slappin' OD green on BLOPS1 AK47 and thinking I'm a STALKER.)
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#76NordiniPosted 1/27/2013 1:23:11 PM
I've made a topic similar to this one before except i actually listed all the reasons this game has vastly improved over CoD4.

Basically nobody could argue any of my points and just resorted to saying "lag comp makes this game worse. Plus it just is. CoD4 is just fun. no explanation"
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#77Gritzblitz56Posted 1/27/2013 1:33:49 PM
BoyWitArabStrap posted...
Uh definitely nostalgia. Yeah, the maps were great, but here are the reasons why 4 isn't as good.

- Not enough weapons
- Only three K/S's
- SP and Jugg = pointless
- 3x grenades
- Launcher
- RPG = useless
- Lack of perks
- Lack of attachments

Sometimes less is more.
---
GT: Gritzblitz56
#78fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 1:50:48 PM
Things BO2 did better

-No Martyrdom or Last Stand
-Removed functional ADS delay
-More weapons that are in pretty decent balance with eachother
-there was one more thing I was thinking about while in the shower but I can't think of it right now

Anything else I'll argue against until the end
---
#7911Bahamut11Posted 1/27/2013 2:07:43 PM
It wasn't better, it was just more simple. Personally I don't like that because I feel like it really just shows how incapable our generation is at handling complexity but whatever. The lack of attachments is not cool or an indication of who is skilled or isn't skilled. It's just what came first, and if they had thought "Hey why don't we have more attachments" earlier everyone would be foaming at the mouth if they decided later on to remove them. Same for the kill streaks and basically whatever else you can think of. COD 4 was insanely fun, don't get me wrong but it wasn't groundbreaking, revolutionary or just as amazing as everyone one of the fan boys makes it out to be. While I do think it did a great job, I don't think it was the best, but it definitely wasn't the worst (cough MW3 cough). It's really just a matter of what comes first, COD 4 came first so out of some weird sense of nostalgia, people love it the most. But it really boils down to opinion so you can totally just look at this wall of text and be like "**** that guy he has no ****ing clue what he's talking about" and that's fine :D
---
Do you know how large the projectile is that the Barrett fires? 3 shots of that would level an entire 3rd world village.
#80xnxbxaxPosted 1/27/2013 2:15:44 PM
Nostalgia. Cod4 is barely better than Mw3
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97exc7UKF1rexifho1_500.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tt4wO.gif