Why was COD 4 the best again?

#81fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 2:25:16 PM
How in the hell can you have Nostalgia about a game from this generation? Maybe if you're 15 years old I guess...

lol that's what I said way back at the beginning

nobody should have nostalgia over a game from 2007 and if they do then they're probably too young to post here

---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#82the_reaper849Posted 1/27/2013 2:28:20 PM
BoyWitArabStrap posted...
fatclemenza posted...
- Not enough weapons
- Only three K/S's
- SP and Jugg = pointless
- 3x grenades
- Launcher
- RPG = useless
- Lack of perks
- Lack of attachments

Bold = reasons the game was best
Italics = what are you even talking about

Yeah, because having three k/s's made the game SO MUCH SIMPLER and ABOUT WHAT SHOOTERZ ARE RELI BOUT AMIRITE!?

Screw that, if you wanna use three k/s's then go ahead and equip UAV, lightning strike and a chopper. I'll stick to dogs, vsat and a newly improved dragonfire thx.

Are you really telling me SP and Jugg should've stayed in this game?

Why would you not want the game highly customizable are you kidding?

1. because they were rewards, after that every game focused on KS rather than the multi itself. it was like "HEY you just killed a bunch of dudes heres some stuff that wont really win the battle for you but theyre gonna help!" now its "hey you camped for 5 minutes heres this thing that will kill everyone in 2 seconds!"

2. im indifferent to SP and jugg. but every game after mw2 never really removed SP, they only removed Jugg.

3. because its not part of the core gameplay, PvP should be the main focus on a game. do the guns work? does every perk seem viable? is the equipment useful? the more you add the more difficult it becomes to create a sort of equilibrium between everything.

now its do we have a perk to counter crutch A? did we add a gun with no recoil with low damage,recoil and high RoF? did we add a completely situational perk that no one will ever use unless they remember theyre using it?

if youre making perks solely to counteract some OP/unbalanced piece of equipment or game mechanic that you added yourself you've ****ed up. (off the top of my head. flinching and stun grenades/mines)

this is the separation between the "casuals" and "hardcore"

what they call casuals will love this stuff "OMG tons of things and options!!!!!"

everyone else just wants to play PvP

and all of my complaints would disappear if they added a barebones play list with DOM, FFA and TDM
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.
#83MashdTaytuzPosted 1/27/2013 2:30:00 PM
I loved CoD4, mostly for all the trash talking that went on in the pre- and post-game lobbies. It was, for me, just great fun to play. And I realize that I'm probably far, far, FAR into the minority here, but I loved MW3. If Blops2 had drop zone as a game type, I'd probably enjoy it a little more.
---
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.--Thomas Jefferson
#84Mr_CumberdalePosted 1/27/2013 2:32:31 PM
For me, it's mostly the maps.
#85the_reaper849Posted 1/27/2013 2:33:25 PM
fatclemenza posted...
How in the hell can you have Nostalgia about a game from this generation? Maybe if you're 15 years old I guess...

lol that's what I said way back at the beginning

nobody should have nostalgia over a game from 2007 and if they do then they're probably too young to post here

implying nostalgia has to be a memory that you experienced as a child.

its not
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.
#86DuwstaiPosted 1/27/2013 2:51:00 PM

its not

No, the point is that nostalgia comes from memories from long ago.

The 5 or 6 years in the eyes of an adult is nothing.

5 or 6 years in the eyes of a kid is a huge deal. It could be 1/2 to 1/3 of their entire lives or more. And those first few years you barely remember anything, so that is a huge chunk out of their lives when it comes to memories.

Which is why only a kid would find CoD4, a game that only came out a few years ago, nostalgic.

Not to mention its not like the game disappeared. I always get the new CoD and I always end up quitting it and going back to CoD4. Its just a better made game. Its not like we are just judging it off memories. Its side by side comparisons.
---
balls
#87Pinoy441Posted 1/27/2013 3:10:57 PM
BoyWitArabStrap posted...
fatclemenza posted...
- Not enough weapons
- Only three K/S's
- SP and Jugg = pointless
- 3x grenades
- Launcher
- RPG = useless
- Lack of perks
- Lack of attachments

Bold = reasons the game was best
Italics = what are you even talking about

Yeah, because having three k/s's made the game SO MUCH SIMPLER and ABOUT WHAT SHOOTERZ ARE RELI BOUT AMIRITE!?

Screw that, if you wanna use three k/s's then go ahead and equip UAV, lightning strike and a chopper. I'll stick to dogs, vsat and a newly improved dragonfire thx.

Are you really telling me SP and Jugg should've stayed in this game?

Why would you not want the game highly customizable are you kidding?

MW2 basically turned into a whoever can get the harrier first wins, it was no longer about gun play it was camp as much as possible

SP and Jugg canceled each other out and forced you to decide between one of those OR the stealth perk, now people pick the stealth perk with no consequences

Also, Highly customizable? LOLOLOLOL The stats of the guns are so minor when it comes to attachments its not even funny, its almost all aesthetics now, that's not customizing that's just slapping a new skin on the gun and thinking its new
---
*grabs popcorn*
#88Sig_Ep66Posted 1/27/2013 3:15:07 PM
had the best campaign and best level (mile high club)
#89fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 3:39:32 PM

I made waffles this morning, and I immediately got nostalgia because I made them last sunday too

The waffles weren't good though because I forgot to take off my nostalgia taste buds
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#90phillyeagles123Posted 1/27/2013 3:48:06 PM
People who are saying nostalgia were the ones who missed out on COD 4 and think MW2 is the best.

COD 4 had:
Most balanced weapons (other than M16 and MP5)
New innovative perk system
New thing called killstreaks that weren't overpowering like they are now
Solid maps
Prestige Mode kept replayability high
Overall really fun gameplay

MW2 basically took everything that COD 4 did right and either made it really gimmicky, or just dumbed it down for the masses.