Why was COD 4 the best again?

#91jwhudexnlsPosted 1/27/2013 2:48:44 PM
The maps are the reason why its my favorite.
#92DutchZombiePosted 1/27/2013 2:50:31 PM
It was a great game then and it is still a great game. Much like all other IW games (not MW3) it was well balanced, had great maps and ran smoothly. COD2, COD4 and MW2 are all equally great in my view. A good player could do well in any of those games without lag interfering too much with the online multi player.
#93elchris79Posted 1/27/2013 2:55:38 PM
Duwstai posted...
implying nostalgia has to be a memory that you experienced as a child.

its not

No, the point is that nostalgia comes from memories from long ago.

The 5 or 6 years in the eyes of an adult is nothing.

5 or 6 years in the eyes of a kid is a huge deal. It could be 1/2 to 1/3 of their entire lives or more. And those first few years you barely remember anything, so that is a huge chunk out of their lives when it comes to memories.

Which is why only a kid would find CoD4, a game that only came out a few years ago, nostalgic.

Not to mention its not like the game disappeared. I always get the new CoD and I always end up quitting it and going back to CoD4. Its just a better made game. Its not like we are just judging it off memories. Its side by side comparisons.

Actually, it just means sentimentality for the past. I had nostalgia for a game called Skool Daze on the Spectrum. Played it last year. Oh dear god. :( same way I had nostalgia for the original UFC game. Played it last week. Oh dear god.
#94AlleRacingPosted 1/27/2013 4:30:05 PM
Overrated. G3 was better at range, almost everything else was better up close barring a lucky one-burst from the hip. If you didn't kill in one burst, every other gun killed faster. I laugh at people who still say this is OP for any reason besides dying to it a lot.

Pretty easy to get a one burst kill at most ranges actually.

Inferior to the AK74u in almost every way

The 74u had.... better penetration? The attachments other than the ACOG nerfed its hipfire, and it didn't get spare ammo from the M9. The MP5 is easily the superior of the two.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#95fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 4:34:01 PM
Pretty easy to get a one burst kill at most ranges actually.

The M16 has a problem with consistency at long range. Take from the hill on Bog into the OpFor spawn (the bad one). Sometimes I can get a 1 burst on a fully-exposed enemy, other times it will take 2 or even 3, with only the first bullet of each burst hitting. At mid range, you were nearly unbeatable with a 2-hit kill coming out extremely quickly, provided you got on target. I won't deny the M16 being a very well-rounded weapon, but to call it the most OP weapon in any CoD game is so off-base.

The 74u had.... better penetration? The attachments other than the ACOG nerfed its hipfire, and it didn't get spare ammo from the M9. The MP5 is easily the superior of the two.

Faster reload, less recoil that is vertical instead of horizontal, better irons make up for the lack of RDS. If you silenced either gun you were doing it wrong. The M9 ammo advantage is true but minor since there's no reason not to run Bando in pubs
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#96AlleRacingPosted 1/27/2013 4:53:22 PM(edited)
The difference in reload was minuscule, the circular recoil of the MP5 was only inferior at longer ranges, and it was inconsequential for hip fire. The MP5 had great irons, the AK's were slightly better, but again not by a significant amount. The silencer was the only non-sight attachment, and sights were useless for either gun, defaulting the silencer as the best attachment, and it was certainly a right way to use it, either that or naked.

Sorry, the MP5 is the (slightly) better choice.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#97fatclemenzaPosted 1/27/2013 4:56:47 PM
Sorry, the MP5 is the (slightly) better choice.

Hmm, I disagree, especially with the silencer since you'll be killing in 4 hits where other guns will still be killing in 2. I still love the look and feel of a silenced MP5 though, no doubt about that. Its effective enough to get the job done in most cases.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#98NordiniPosted 1/27/2013 6:47:55 PM
The M16 was the greatest gun in CoD4. Hands down.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#99RikiazPosted 1/27/2013 7:36:12 PM
Duwstai posted...
implying nostalgia has to be a memory that you experienced as a child.

its not

No, the point is that nostalgia comes from memories from long ago.

The 5 or 6 years in the eyes of an adult is nothing.

5 or 6 years in the eyes of a kid is a huge deal. It could be 1/2 to 1/3 of their entire lives or more. And those first few years you barely remember anything, so that is a huge chunk out of their lives when it comes to memories.

Which is why only a kid would find CoD4, a game that only came out a few years ago, nostalgic.

Not to mention its not like the game disappeared. I always get the new CoD and I always end up quitting it and going back to CoD4. Its just a better made game. Its not like we are just judging it off memories. Its side by side comparisons.

Nostalgia is just a feeling of yearning for something in the past. When you get that feeling of "*sigh* I've missed this *:)*." That is nostalgia. There is no certain time frame that had to have past, there are no rules on when you can feel it. It is just a feeling you get. You could have nostalgia for something that happened last month, or, hell, even last week.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#100patgd04Posted 1/27/2013 7:58:20 PM
Blops was pretty much 4 if you want to the special game modes =/ guess there wasn't that much people who liked 4 given how few the amount of people played it >_>
---
"A guy with a full belly and empty nads has a tendency to stay at home. Just saying."
GT patgd2008