Patched Stock on SMGs

#1koolboy123Posted 1/28/2013 12:16:33 AM
I was reading the patch notes and I came upon this one

"Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally."

So basically, they've turned the stock into another foregrip for SMGs? Or am I reading this wrong?
---
CLEVELAND STEAMER!!!!!
#2Foxx3kPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:08 AM
I don't understand what you're asking.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3GameMaster14GMPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:48 AM
it increases your speed as you ADS but i dont think it doubles along with a lightweight SMG and stock i guess.
#4koolboy123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:20:00 AM
The notes say when the stock is put on an SMG, you won't move any faster now than you normally would when ADSing. That would mean Stock is useless, just like the foregrip now right? Or does the Stock do something else that I'm not aware of?
---
CLEVELAND STEAMER!!!!!
#5zxrax_alt_1Posted 1/28/2013 12:22:11 AM(edited)
Pre-patch:

Base SMG movement speed: 100%
SMG ADS movement speed: 80%
SMG ADS +STOCK speed: 102%

It has been patched and no longer allows you to move faster while ADSing than while not ADSing. I don't know the post-patch values but I would assume the stock speed is the only speed that changed and it has probably changed to .95 or so.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
i7-3770K @4.46GHz || GTX 680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || ASUS Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD
#6LannekirPosted 1/30/2013 5:42:16 AM
What's the point of stock on smgs then?
---
"As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big."
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lannekir
#7Zero IXPosted 1/30/2013 5:47:41 AM
The point of Stock is to move faster while ADS.

Prior to this patch, Stock made your movement while ADS faster than your movement while not ADS. Essentially, unless you were reacquiring a target or sprinting, there was no reason not to be ADS with an SMG and Stock before. While it was hilarious watching other players struggle to track your movement in their game state when used in conjunction with Lightweight, it's for the best that they "fixed" it, especially in this game, where everyone's essentially lagging at least slightly.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#8ValeriumPosted 1/30/2013 5:57:39 AM
I never understand why people use stock on a SMG anyway, how is this a big deal?
#9Zero IXPosted 1/30/2013 6:01:22 AM
Valerium posted...
I never understand why people use stock on a SMG anyway, how is this a big deal?

It was one of the absolute best attachments for SMGs prior to the patch with Lightweight, especially if you pulled host a lot. You could ice skate circles around opponents while they tried to find your hitbox... also you moved faster than walking while ADS prior to the patch, too.

I imagine it's still mostly the same shebang post-patch, but not as extreme as before.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame