Why does every LMG user use TF?

#1ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/28/2013 2:47:01 AM
Is there some glitch where TF reduces recoil or something? I seriously feel like 95% of LMG users I run into use Target Finder.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#2MrArmageddon8Posted 1/28/2013 2:49:16 AM
The same reason why AR users use stocks, because it's the only way to compete against SMGs.
#3ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/28/2013 2:49:39 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Is there some glitch where TF reduces recoil or something? I seriously feel like 95% of LMG users I run into use Target Finder.

It's the new noob thing.

Portable Radar camping was MW3's noob thing.
Target Finders are BO2's noob thing.
#4outlawstar289Posted 1/28/2013 2:56:29 AM
Because it's objectively the best optic for the LMG, besides maybe the dual band scope.
---
IMPERIVM
GT: Commando GMC
#5ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:03:59 AM
MrArmageddon8 posted...
The same reason why AR users use stocks, because it's the only way to compete against SMGs.

How does Target Finder make it easier to compete against SMGs...? Wouldn't Quickdraw or Stock help you in a wider range of situations?
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6X_SpectatorPosted 1/28/2013 3:24:45 AM
I don't run and gun with LMGs. I find a good area where I can lay down a lot of fire. If I'm on the move I have my secondary out for close quarters combat and faster movement speed. Stock and quickdraw are useless to me.
#7GusTA2010Posted 1/28/2013 3:59:50 AM
I use the TF on my (diamond) hamr about 50% of the time, but only because the reduced visual recoil is really helpful, not really bothered by the red boxes or whatever. Also, it's nice to hear the rage of someone you've killed "OMG F****** TARGET FIND N00B" xD generally though, I run and gun with stock and qd.
#8GundamBansheeFAPosted 1/28/2013 4:35:30 AM
Its because they don't have skill to look for people themselves because they're casual players with no skill.
Real players use iron sights, currently doing fmj stock grip and i do way better than people using TF
#9GusTA2010Posted 1/28/2013 4:44:19 AM
GundamBansheeFA posted...
Its because they don't have skill to look for people themselves because they're casual players with no skill.
Real players use iron sights, currently doing fmj stock grip and i do way better than people using TF

And the award for generic answer of the day goes to...

It's no different to using an smg with laser sight or FAL with select fire, why use a weapon and not take advantage of one of the best attachments for it (as I said, reduced visual recoil makes a huge difference to me on the hamr)
#10KabtheMentatPosted 1/28/2013 4:44:21 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm better than you and I use the TF on two of the LMGs, MK48 and LSAT.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.