What's this "MLG" thing?

#1Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/28/2013 9:56:56 AM
^Topic.
#2curtlandPosted 1/28/2013 9:58:33 AM
"Major League Gaming".

Kids that take video games way too seriously.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#3fatclemenzaPosted 1/28/2013 10:05:30 AM(edited)
"Major League Gaming".

Kids that take video games way too seriously.

you wouldn't take playing for 10000-50000 dollars seriously?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#4Hitman_67Posted 1/28/2013 10:10:46 AM
Ignoring the last part of the above posters comment, it's Major League Gaming. Just like MLB..
By the way, i could say they take football way to seriously too. See what i'm getting at?

It's for players who are really good at games and want a challenge more than your casual player. You have to find the real player out of the 1000 kids that want to be MLG though. Good enough players can travel to other states, Win money, be on TV, Etc.

I personally used to play Gamebattles and was part of MLG for a while. But other things stopped me from focusing on it so i quit. Now i play to win but with randoms/solo for the hell of it.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#5_Goomba_35Posted 1/28/2013 10:13:58 AM
MLG is an organization which promotes playing various game titles at the most competitive and or highest level. Games such as Starcraft, League of Legends, Dota (what ever that is) and most recently, Call of Duty. The prize pool for those games except CoD is above the hundred-thousands and can reach into the millions. The company (MLG) typically holds events throughout the country: places such as Dallas and Anaheim.

As previously stated, MLG recently announced that CoD will be their only first person shooter and the first event will be at Dallas for a $50,000 prize pool. First, second, and third place will receive a portion of the prize pool.

In MLG there are certain settings which all teams must abide by. Each team consists of 4 players. I can go into that if you'd like, let me know.

Feel free to correct me if I got something wrong or missed something. Hope this helped.
---
GT GodabmooG
http://royalkingdom.ipbfree.com/index.php?
#6Hitman_67Posted 1/28/2013 10:26:12 AM(edited)
^ Halo

By this comment i also meant that Halo played a big part in MLG for awhile. As it was how a lot of people found out about MLG, etc etc. Anyways well typed information.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#7Gritzblitz56Posted 1/28/2013 10:35:32 AM
I'm sure it's good players playing for real money, but why is everyone that I come across with "MLG" in their gamertag so so bad?
---
GT: Gritzblitz56
#8KabtheMentatPosted 1/28/2013 10:37:18 AM
I'm sure it's good players playing for real money, but why is everyone that I come across with "MLG" in their gamertag so so bad?

Most of those are dorks that play Gamebattles and think they're anywhere near good.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#9AirRawr_Posted 1/28/2013 10:58:49 AM

Most of those are dorks that play Gamebattles and think they're anywhere near good.

this. putting MLG in your GT doesnt make you pro
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#10fatclemenzaPosted 1/28/2013 11:05:35 AM
I'm surprised MLG dropped Halo. Halo 4 must have been really bad for them to carry this over it.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won