So zombies kill themselves now?

#1The_LoGoSPosted 1/28/2013 11:02:32 AM
I saw the update this weekend and thought of all the wonderful possibilities so I decided to just mess around on Tranzit solo. On Round 5 I left a zombie (fully) and was heading to power on the bus when all of the sudden the zombie died? Oh well, so I got power set up and saved a fully and headed to town. The zombie was attached to teh window and I thought nothing of the zombie from round 5.

Once I had got some money, jug, etc.... I teleported to jump around a bit. As soon as I teleported, the zombie died and round started....Odd? So the next round I tested this again and sure enough when I teleported the fully died...so began a series of tests:

1) if i ran to far from teh zombie...it would die
2) if bus got to far from zombie...it would die
3) I left 3 zombies and teleported...they all died

So to ensure the zombie would tick around, I would walk (Yes Walk) to the next area or have the zombie attach itself to the bus window. Not sure if this was applied to multiplayer.
---
There is no wrong or right...There is only popular opinion
#2protomahnPosted 1/28/2013 11:05:10 AM
I noticed that with an armless runner when I ran in the fog. So, not only did they make crawlers rather useless in tranzit, now the same applies to walkers/runners? and glitches aren't all patched either? lol3arc
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/2vshmhx.gif
#3OrtegaTronPosted 1/28/2013 11:18:34 AM
I'm pretty sure whenever you move from one section of the map to another on foot zombies trailing you will die. I had a similar experience playing solo tranzit the day the patch came out. It makes getting set up a little more frustrating. I've also heard that you can pretty much just run through the map and beat rounds without firing a shot. They patched some glitches and created another it appears. I believe they are aware of it and are working to patch it.
---
I have to return some video tapes...
#4Faust_8Posted 1/28/2013 11:21:01 AM
Which is why you let him jump on the outside of the bus window and keep repairing it so he can never get in. Bingo, you can go around the map while keeping one Z alive.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#5protomahnPosted 1/28/2013 11:21:26 AM
OrtegaTron posted...
I've also heard that you can pretty much just run through the map and beat rounds without firing a shot.

lol and not surprised if true.
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/2vshmhx.gif
#6OrtegaTronPosted 1/28/2013 11:49:29 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Which is why you let him jump on the outside of the bus window and keep repairing it so he can never get in. Bingo, you can go around the map while keeping one Z alive.

I'm pretty sure I've had one croak while doing this as well. It's my preferred method of travel before I have galvaknuckles, jugg and stam. I could be wrong, though. Only played it that once.
---
I have to return some video tapes...
#7Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRjoSgKJKjI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check the recent videos in that channel as well for other post watch changes

There were a fee actually
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#8tadmfpolePosted 1/28/2013 12:03:06 PM
1) if i ran to far from teh zombie...it would die
2) if bus got to far from zombie...it would die
3) I left 3 zombies and teleported...they all died

I understand what the were trying to accomplish with this, but I think they just made TranZit the most exploitable map ever in doing so. Is there a limit on how many zombies die off when you leave a section? And what happened to them being able to keep up with the bus?
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#9speedfactorPosted 1/28/2013 12:23:33 PM
I wonder if you could just keep teleporting to kill zombies off and end the round.
---
Empty Sig.
#10tadmfpolePosted 1/28/2013 12:31:48 PM
I wish I had time to test this today, it will come out soon enough if you can skip through rounds by teleporting. A couple zombies isn't a big deal, but being able to clear a round by jumping in a teleporter or simply running into the fog is a pretty big deal. If that is the case I have to wonder if this was not done on accident. Surely Treyarch aren't that dumb.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy