As someone who uses EMPs on almost every class...

#11darkshadowmasterPosted 1/28/2013 12:56:01 PM
GameMaster14GM posted...
too bad you cant EMP hunter killers and Lightning strikes.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but I can almost consistently take out HKs with EMP nades. I've also managed to take out a few Hellfires.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#12puzzlefitePosted 1/28/2013 12:59:47 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
GameMaster14GM posted...
too bad you cant EMP hunter killers and Lightning strikes.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but I can almost consistently take out HKs with EMP nades. I've also managed to take out a few Hellfires.

What's your strategy for this? Do you look on the map and toss the EMP based on that? I'm not even sure where to toss the EMP to stop a Hellstorm or a HKD.
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom
#13darkshadowmasterPosted 1/28/2013 1:05:48 PM
HKs I look at where it's going & throw it there.

Hellfires is almost complete luck. You just have to take advantage of the fact that the EMP nades range above & below is infinite. Just imagine the looking top down and everything inside the EMPs circular blast is destroyed, no matter how high it is in the air, or how many floors are underneath you.

I have 2 videos of where my first Hellfire kill was actually from an EMP that I was taking out the enemies Guardian with and it killed the dudes Hellfire that spawned directly on top of it.

My 2nd one was actually cool, whoever was controlling it didn't detonate it and I threw the EMP at my feet right before it slammed into me. I looked at the theater and it was actually no more than 2 floors above me. As soon as theater works again I was going to upload it.
---
#14Net SharkPosted 1/28/2013 1:12:43 PM
You can kill hunter killers and stop hail storm missiles as well. I have done both several times by accident just spamming them on Nuketown. I love killing a dude with his own Rcxd as soon as he releases it. I have EMP nades on all classes as well.
---
Andy Reid thought he was going to KFC not KC. :)
#15Net SharkPosted 1/28/2013 1:17:16 PM
They work as mini stuns as well. They make the player go into the covering face with arm animation. Just much briefer than an actual stun.
---
#16puzzlefitePosted 1/28/2013 1:19:11 PM
HKs I look at where it's going & throw it there.

Hellfires is almost complete luck. You just have to take advantage of the fact that the EMP nades range above & below is infinite. Just imagine the looking top down and everything inside the EMPs circular blast is destroyed, no matter how high it is in the air, or how many floors are underneath you.

I always thought that Hellstorm is luck because they have to press the cluster release button late. If it's early, then the EMP can't stop it. What's your success rate on destroying the HKD? And how do you know when to throw the EMP at the HKD or just guess when it's about to strike?
---
#17darkshadowmasterPosted 1/28/2013 1:24:59 PM
For destroying the HKs my success rate for killing them is around 70% probably (obviously I don't have an actual # though, I just seem to tend to destroy it if I am actively trying to). I miss a few if I start to panic and toss too early but for the most part if I actively try to kill it I do. Keep in mind I'm not saying I destroy every HK thrown, just that if I am trying to kill the HK drone I seem to normally do it.

Hellfires for the most part are complete luck. I know for a fact that an EMP can take out both the main payload as well as the cluster bombs though as I've destroyed the mini-missiles once or twice as well. You are normally going to die anyway though because once it detonates, they are not close enough together to all be destroyed by 1 EMP.
---
#18puzzlefitePosted 1/28/2013 1:38:07 PM(edited)
For destroying the HKs my success rate for killing them is around 70% probably (obviously I don't have an actual # though, I just seem to tend to destroy it if I am actively trying to). I miss a few if I start to panic and toss too early but for the most part if I actively try to kill it I do. Keep in mind I'm not saying I destroy every HK thrown, just that if I am trying to kill the HK drone I seem to normally do it.

Hellfires for the most part are complete luck. I know for a fact that an EMP can take out both the main payload as well as the cluster bombs though as I've destroyed the mini-missiles once or twice as well. You are normally going to die anyway though because once it detonates, they are not close enough together to all be destroyed by 1 EMP.

My strategy is all about getting as many easy points as possible so any insight on this is great.
I'd love to watch a video of someone actively trying to destroy a HKD.

I'm thinking of running under cover from the HM and just tossing a EMP outside for free points if there's time. Same idea why I shoot a Care Package copter with my FHJ for 125 points even though it doesn't do much. haha
---
#19Net SharkPosted 1/28/2013 2:25:26 PM
Two take out an AGR pretty fast as well
---
#20yeah_u_madPosted 1/28/2013 2:26:27 PM
Net Shark posted...
Two take out an AGR pretty fast as well

Given that I always carry c4, one takes them out fast.

1 stuns it, finish it off with rifle and/or c4