SCAR-H with select fire

#1chessmyantidrugPosted 1/29/2013 1:06:37 AM
I tried this out for the first time yesterday and I couldn't stand it. There's virtually no burst delay, but the recoil is still ridiculous. The weapon appears to kick straight up, but firing consecutive bursts is actually counterproductive. I realize they gave the SCAR-H a damage buff, but they need to reduce the recoil to make it more viable. As is, I feel it's a bottom-tier assault rifle, especially after buffs to several other assault rifles.
#2ICantNameGudPosted 1/29/2013 1:09:53 AM
It's the only AR I used a stock on because it needs the help. It's too bad the recoil is so awful, with an ACOG it's the best looking diamond weapon in the game.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#3Faust_8Posted 1/29/2013 1:14:09 AM
I used to love it, but I do a lot less now. I noticed I haven't gotten a single Longshot with it. Even firing 2 bullets at a time, if the enemy is moving he can get behind something before I land the shots.

Granted, I had the suppressor, so it took 4 shots and not 3, but not suppressing the SCAR is a waste at short-medium range...

You can do great with Stock and suppressor on it but ultimately I've been doing better with those attachments on the AN94. You can easily burst for long range kills with that gun, and the two fast rounds help it still kill fast enough with the suppressor.

So to me the SCAR is best at short-medium with Stock and suppressor since it will still kill with 3 shots and it reloads incredibly fast with reload cancel, so you can storm in and get kills.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#4chessmyantidrug(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:19:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the SCAR-H as well. I just figured I would give it a go with select fire since weapons are supposed to have less recoil when in burst fire mode. I felt like the SCAR-H didn't have any less recoil at all. Makes it a rather useless attachment.

My first game with the SCAR-H was in a placement game for league play. It's the only 40+ kill game I have gotten with it so far. I'm about 97% certain I was playing against a team of mouthbreathers. That's the only league play game, placement or otherwise, that felt like I was playing Combat Training on recruit.