Question on best controllers, FPS Freeks and analog covers.

#1ThisIsMithosPosted 1/29/2013 4:38:03 AM
Have any of you found these useful? As far as controllers, I've heard the powerA FUSION controllers are good, but expensive. What about FPS Freeks? Which ones would you recommend, there's like a million kinds.

I'm a rusher for the most part, so would the CQC ones be best? What about the classics, havoc, gamerpack recon/signature, etc? There's also ultras and such...

Also, would you consider the FPS Freeks superior to say, GRIP-IT analog covers? Just curious what you guys find the best, if any. I mainly only play CoD and sandbox games like RDR and GTA so I'm not concerned how they do in Halo or other shooting or fighting games.
#2NiNtEnDoMaNiAc1Posted 1/29/2013 4:40:13 AM
To be honest it's preference. I have a Scuf and I'm happy, and it's very well built, but try everything you can and then make a decision. I use my Scuf for CoD and then have a normal pad for all other games. FPS Freeks, my friend had some and hated them, so who knows really.
---
GT: Mardy nS
All spelling mistakes are thanks to the iPhone I love dearly.
#3aheroafakePosted 1/29/2013 4:51:19 AM
What exactly are these things? I've honestly never heard of them until now...
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#4bigwaynerPosted 1/29/2013 5:00:58 AM
aheroafake posted...

These are things that fit over the analog sticks, making them longer so you can be "more accurate", i've never used them honestly, i'd be more into the GAM3R GlOV3S because i'm sweaty
#5shinnok2k5Posted 1/29/2013 5:51:23 AM
I've got fps freek classics. I like then if only because i have longer fingers as a tall man and they feel good. They do sort of feel like they give a greater range of motion. In any case i THINK i play better with them, placebo effect maybe.
---
USA>Canada (people who agree:18 people who disagree:0)
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#6aheroafakePosted 1/29/2013 5:55:31 AM
bigwayner posted...
aheroafake posted...

These are things that fit over the analog sticks, making them longer so you can be "more accurate", i've never used them honestly, i'd be more into the GAM3R GlOV3S because i'm sweaty

I've seen those things on the controllers the Treyarch team were using in the Revolution preview trailer thing then right? Was wondering wtf those were for.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#7Ick_ukPosted 1/29/2013 6:07:06 AM
They prob give the biggest advantage of all the things people buy , modded controllers , head phones etc.

Its a cheap way of improving your game but if you cant aim its not going help much.

The standard xbox controller is fine.
#8ICantNameGudPosted 1/29/2013 6:28:16 AM
My Power-A's left joystick wore out in 3 weeks. I wouldn't buy one of them. It did get me everything Bioshock ever, SC5 and a preorder for GTA though after breaking in credit at least.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#9gwetmore4523Posted 1/29/2013 6:38:23 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...
Have any of you found these useful? As far as controllers, I've heard the powerA FUSION controllers are good, but expensive. What about FPS Freeks? Which ones would you recommend, there's like a million kinds.

I'm a rusher for the most part, so would the CQC ones be best? What about the classics, havoc, gamerpack recon/signature, etc? There's also ultras and such...

Also, would you consider the FPS Freeks superior to say, GRIP-IT analog covers? Just curious what you guys find the best, if any. I mainly only play CoD and sandbox games like RDR and GTA so I'm not concerned how they do in Halo or other shooting or fighting games.

I've been using FPS Freeks since Modern Warfare 2 and can't play a game without them anymore. I have an FPS Classic on my right analog stick and an FPS CQC on my left analog stick, which is just personal preference. I've also been looking at the Razer Sabertooth controller which is basically the same as a SCUF controller but is only $70 compared to 100+ for a SCUF. I'm just having a hard time justifying the purchase mainly because I only see myself using it in Call of Duty.
---
PSN - W3tm0G
XBL - xM0G
#10MadsprayerPosted 1/29/2013 8:31:02 AM
I ordered a scuf on the 10th of jan. I started calling last week to check status. They say "oh it should ship in 3 or 4 days." Today i call again. They said, we are low on parts. Canceled. Is this a legit company? What kind of company that charges 170 for a controller doesn't have parts?

DO NOT BUY SCUF...having to order new parts should foretell bad equipment.