This game has terrible reviews.

#21ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/29/2013 11:28:27 AM(edited)
Majora1988 posted...
Silver17 posted...
Yep this game sucks, that's why it's currently the most played game on XBOX Live.

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/17/live-activity-for-week-of-january-7th/

Kids just hate on it because it's popular that's all.

Hipster kids aside, BO2 is a lot of fun...

Appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy.

Yup. If popularity determines quality, then Lil' Wayne and Nikki Minaj must make extremely high quality music that is superior to the vast majority of other music being put out.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
#22Majora1988Posted 1/29/2013 11:25:26 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Remember that time Medal of Honor got a bad review, despite being a AAA title?

Isn't that the exception though? How many other major releases get critically panned like that?

The point is EA has far more money to throw around than Activision, yet all of the supposed bias and payoffs people like to harp about didn't get anything for MoH other than it being called a crappy game.

Fair enough. Personally I think 9/10 game reviews get handed out like candy, and reviews only have a 7-10 scale of ratings.
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]
#23x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 1/29/2013 11:25:29 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Majora1988 posted...
Silver17 posted...
Yep this game sucks, that's why it's currently the most played game on XBOX Live.

Yup. If popularity determines quality, than Lil' Wayne and Nikki Minaj must make extremely high quality music that is superior to the vast majority of other music being put out.

Great example. I heard Lil' Wayne on television once doing a live concert and I laughed. I couldn't understand one word he was saying. That's quality, alright.
#24Silver17Posted 1/29/2013 11:26:13 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Silver17 posted...

I don't hate Call of Duty. In fact, I'd play Black Ops II non-stop if my top tier cable connection wasn't dragged down to that of a hamster in a wheel connection. No idea why people continue to play Black Ops II non-stop and than come on here and complain about lag. I bought the Season Pass when the game came out and ran fine and now I regret it. I downloaded the map pack today and played 3 games which lagged beyond belief. I stopped playing immediately.

Not sure how many people that hate on it do so because it's popular but that is definitely not why I despise Call of Duty as of late.

Maybe it's your connection. I have Comcast in Chicago and while it's not top tier (36/6 10p) it's good enough that I don't lag unless I'm playing in a lobby where the other team is manually partied up EVERYWHERE. I can't fault the game for that.

Over than that, I rarely lag...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#25Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/29/2013 11:28:43 AM
@Silver

You have the right to like whatever you want, I am not trying to change that. But most people who defend things like you do just feel like people who enjoy contradicting popular belief, like as if you consider CoD to be an underdog or something. Don't tell me you're the type who defends Justin Bieber too.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#26Silver17Posted 1/29/2013 11:30:15 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Majora1988 posted...
Silver17 posted...

Yup. If popularity determines quality, than Lil' Wayne and Nikki Minaj must make extremely high quality music that is superior to the vast majority of other music being put out.

Just because it doesn't fit to your taste doesn't mean that it's bad.

I don't really listen to that music genre so I could care less if people like it or hate it...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#27BeastlyIguanaPosted 1/29/2013 11:32:43 AM
Silver17 posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Majora1988 posted...
Silver17 posted...

I don't really listen to that music genre so I could care less if people like it or hate it...

With that logic, nothing is bad.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#28x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 1/29/2013 11:35:09 AM(edited)
Silver17 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Silver17 posted...

I don't hate Call of Duty. In fact, I'd play Black Ops II non-stop if my top tier cable connection wasn't dragged down to that of a hamster in a wheel connection. No idea why people continue to play Black Ops II non-stop and than come on here and complain about lag. I bought the Season Pass when the game came out and ran fine and now I regret it. I downloaded the map pack today and played 3 games which lagged beyond belief. I stopped playing immediately.

Not sure how many people that hate on it do so because it's popular but that is definitely not why I despise Call of Duty as of late.

Maybe it's your connection. I have Comcast in Chicago and while it's not top tier (36/6 10p) it's good enough that I don't lag unless I'm playing in a lobby where the other team is manually partied up EVERYWHERE. I can't fault the game for that.

Over than that, I rarely lag...

It's most certainly not my connection as we both run the same thing. Comcast Blast is quick and never any issues. Comcast even upgraded my lines a few weeks ago. I'm using the new Motorola Surfboard 6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem which I bought with an Asus RT-AC66R router. I've tried 3 different modems (CIsco, Ubee, and my Motorola) and two routers (Linksys e3000 which I replaced due to NAT close random and my ASUS). My XBOX 360 is wired into the router and my connection is consistent. The game is just a rotten mess and there is nothing I can do to fix it. My connection is better on CoD when I run my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II on 4G than it is on my home internet. What's wrong with that picture? I'm from Romeoville so we're not too far.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/211038772.png

And yes, I understand ping + distance but there you go.
#29WebstedgePosted 1/29/2013 11:34:13 AM
Personally I would actually tend to trust the opinions of people who actually get paid to evaluate games for a living over random kids on the internet

But to the point that supposedly AAA titles never get bad critic reviews:

I don't think that's a conspiracy or anything, because if you have a lot of big time money and probably big time talent invested into the game, of course it's going to tend to be better. If the game DOESN'T turn out good then someone has really, really failed at doing their job. While it can happen, I certainly wouldn't expect it to be common
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#30ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/29/2013 11:36:32 AM
Silver17 posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Majora1988 posted...
Silver17 posted...

I think, to a certain extent, music can be judged objectively.

If you're rapping about the same thing in nearly every song, over similar-sounding beats, then I don't know if you can call that quality music. One of the biggest aspects of music is creativity and originality...both of which Lil' Wayne/Nikki Minaj have VERY little of.

This coming from someone who IS into the hip-hop/rap scene. And it's not like I'm some hipster who only listens to 90s old-school stuff, either. I listen to a wide variety of hip-hop. There are plenty of new artists (both popular and unpopular) that I support.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
XBL GT: PhysiKuL