This game has terrible reviews.

#61Astro_B0mbPosted 1/29/2013 1:27:38 PM
Why do all the CoD kiddies think that if some hates cod its because theyve never played it and are trying to be cool/hipster?

^thats why the community sucks, most of them are ignorant.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#62PraetorXynPosted 1/29/2013 1:30:15 PM
I meant once great genre, not franchise -_-

The reason I loathe CoD really is because every MP FPS that comes out now is either CoD or tries to be CoD because that's where the money is. CoD sells so well that its creators basically don't try anymore because every November when a new one comes out it will pretty much jump to GOTY status by the end of December.

Whether you like the series or you don't, that's not good for gamers.

To be fair, I hated Halo for instituting the two-weapons-only system because controllers don't have hotkeys, but I enjoyed the campaign of the first game on Legendary the first time pretty well on PC.
#63CapwnDPosted 1/29/2013 1:34:42 PM(edited)
Why do all the CoD kiddies think that if some hates cod its because theyve never played it and are trying to be cool/hipster?

Because

A breakdown of the large CoD community....

- kids ages 7 - 14 who haven't hit puberty
- high school drop outs
- Those uber cool Clan kids
- dudebros lookin to get S1ck |-|e4D5h0Tz and ub3r 1337 N0 sC0p3Z
- idiots whose lives revolve around their worthless Kill/Death ratio
- some who play for fun
- rednecks who act like they know about combat
- people who are social and play because they're friends and so many others are playing it
- CoD fanboys/sheep who buy every title and DLC and defend the franchise to the grave.

Lol this #1 spot on xbl that CoD has is a joke

of people like that.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#64BakuryukunPosted 1/29/2013 1:38:14 PM
Personally I've never been a CoD fan, but in the few brief times I did play the multiplayer or zombies with friends I did have a good time.
#65CapwnDPosted 1/29/2013 1:38:18 PM
The reason I loathe CoD really is because every MP FPS that comes out now is either CoD or tries to be CoD because that's where the money is. CoD sells so well that its creators basically don't try anymore because every November when a new one comes out it will pretty much jump to GOTY status by the end of December.

It's creators basically don't try anymore? I disagree, I enjoy the games. So tell me why that's not good for me? You think I don't buy other games or something? The other 200 games in my library would disagree.

People like you act so dramatic over it, like COD existing somehow negates all the other great games out there.
---
#66PraetorXynPosted 1/29/2013 1:53:37 PM
CaPwnD posted...

It's creators basically don't try anymore? I disagree, I enjoy the games. So tell me why that's not good for me? You think I don't buy other games or something? The other 200 games in my library would disagree.

People like you act so dramatic over it, like COD existing somehow negates all the other great games out there.

No. I'm saying CoD is largely the same game every year with new (generally SMALLER) maps and killstreaks.

And COD's existence pretty much negates all other MP FPS's, because the other ones that exist are COD clones. There are a handful of decent ones that aren't, but really I can't think of more than 2 online FPS's besides COD and Halo that aren't practically dead already (like Tribes: Ascend).

As for general games though, yes there are plenty of good ones. But I do feel that the giant cash cow that COD is has made developers and especially publishers less likely to take risks and try to innovate.
#67CapwnDPosted 1/29/2013 2:02:57 PM
CaPwnD posted...

No. I'm saying CoD is largely the same game every year with new (generally SMALLER) maps and killstreaks.

And COD's existence pretty much negates all other MP FPS's, because the other ones that exist are COD clones. There are a handful of decent ones that aren't, but really I can't think of more than 2 online FPS's besides COD and Halo that aren't practically dead already (like Tribes: Ascend).

As for general games though, yes there are plenty of good ones. But I do feel that the giant cash cow that COD is has made developers and especially publishers less likely to take risks and try to innovate.

I don't buy that. There's less game sales recently because of the economy and because the generation is ending. The budgets are too big and people aren't buying games. It's not because of COD, COD is just where people like to place blame.
---
#68PraetorXynPosted 1/29/2013 2:09:45 PM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
CaPwnD posted...

I don't buy that. There's less game sales recently because of the economy and because the generation is ending. The budgets are too big and people aren't buying games. It's not because of COD, COD is just where people like to place blame.

You're missing the point. I'm just saying the formula that COD established is so successful, it's too tempting for other developers and publishers to try and capitalize upon it. In this case it has nothing to do with COD itself. I'm just saying that more and more yearly rehashes are being done by everyone and it would be better for us as gamers if more than a handful of companies decided to do something completely unique and different. The modern (or near future) setting has been done to death as it is.
#69CapwnDPosted 1/29/2013 2:13:10 PM
You're missing the point. I'm just saying the formula that COD established is so successful, it's too tempting for other developers and publishers to try and capitalize upon it. In this case it has nothing to do with COD itself. I'm just saying that more and more yearly rehashes are being done by everyone and it would be better for us as gamers if more than a handful of companies decided to do something completely unique and different. The modern (or near future) setting has been done to death as it is.

People say that but I don't see it. A handful of games have tried to copy it, and it's always been like that. Halo... one could argue did try to incorporate some of the things that makes COD appealing, but does Halo suffer for it? Anybody smart enough to develop and publish a game should know you can't just capture that lightning in a jar by copying it. I'm not buying this at all. There's still many many great games and they keep on coming despite COD's success.
---
#70KabtheMentatPosted 1/29/2013 2:14:07 PM
If you think everything is just rehashes, thank the baby Jesus you don't live in Japan. You'd blow your head off at all of the monotonous crap they produce in their industry.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.