Is it just me or is hardcore mode easier than core?

#1ukmsalfordPosted 1/29/2013 3:55:40 PM
Started playing on hardcore tdm and it just seems an easier, more enjoyable mode to play. Not full of people running around with shotguns and guns seem to be more balanced. Just wondering if anyone else agree's
#2ZephyrSSXPosted 1/29/2013 3:57:41 PM
You're going to get flamed and called a noob even though there's nothing wrong with playing either.
---
Where most strive and train to get it right, I will relentlessly train so I never get it wrong.
#3scarface_jrPosted 1/29/2013 3:59:01 PM
It is easier since people die when you shoot them...I also noticed there is not as much lag comp as in core. So glad to see my shots registering for once instead of waiting till the 8th-10th shot before i get a single hit marker.
---
"There are good guys and there are bad guys in this world, and make no mistake I am a bad, bad man." -CM Punk
#4Foxx3kPosted 1/29/2013 4:07:59 PM(edited)
Of course hardcore mode is easier.

Camping is more effective and you need less aim to get a kill.

scarface_jr posted...
It is easier since people die when you shoot them...I also noticed there is not as much lag comp as in core. So glad to see my shots registering for once instead of waiting till the 8th-10th shot before i get a single hit marker.

I'd speculate that's because less people play hardcore therefore your connection is probably worse therefore in game terms your effective connection is better.

I think it's the same reason I perceive less lag compensation in League Play or Merc Moshpit or such.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5igashijinPosted 1/29/2013 4:22:51 PM
Foxx3k posted...

scarface_jr posted...

I'd speculate that's because less people play hardcore therefore your connection is probably worse therefore in game terms your effective connection is better.

I think it's the same reason I perceive less lag compensation in League Play or Merc Moshpit or such.

Hardcore is only "easier" if "playing smart" is what you might consider your playstyle.

I tend to categorize other players into a few types:
-rushers
Usually roll with shotties or subs plowing through the enemy with speed.

-campers
You know 'em; no explanation needed.

-"smart" players
Smart players are easily identified by their ability to switch up their playstyle to suit the level of control they have. Smart players are typically much more concerned with maintaining control of the enemy team than killing everything they see. Smart players also tend to be better at pumping the brakes when they hit their first streak, preserving their pointstreak.

Rushers only do well when they have elements of "smart play" in their style, flanking often. Campers tend to get ruined in hardcore. The problem with rushing and camping in HC is that it's very easy to lose map control due to spawn flips and your inability to see your own team.

"smart types" tend to do well, because playing mind games with your enemies works a LOT better when radar isn't up.

Hardcore is easier because people die much more quickly, and a lot of bad players try to exploit cheap tactics in hardcore, which are very easy to counteract if you are able to move around the map effectively and flank well.
Also-- no kill cams = winning.

I like hardcore because of the lack of radar; it's MUCH easier for me to control the map when enemies can't see me either; most players on hardcore seem to try to win matches by UAV spamming, which is *so* ridiculously easy to counteract-- just bring a launcher with you and enjoy the free points.

When their UAV spam fails, they usually just resort to corner camping, which allows me to go back to my original plan-- flank flank flank.

Hardcore has a much more realistic feel for me, which makes it a lot more immersive. I actually really enjoy heated gun battles on hardcore and my adrenaline gets pumping when I start to streak.

I'm not sure I like hardcore more than core. Truth be told, I'm much more of a "core" player; but hardcore is a great diversion.
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
#6chessmyantidrugPosted 1/29/2013 4:26:59 PM
Some aspects about it are easier. It's much easier to kill people, but you're easier to kill as well. Health doesn't regenerate so you can't continually eat bullets by finding cover. In that regard, it's more difficult.
#7AlexanaxelaPosted 1/29/2013 4:33:40 PM
Not full of people running around with shotguns

you must have been in a whole bunch of shotgun only lobbies brah
---
Eat Your Pea, Professor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLrldtZtRA
#8duericPosted 1/29/2013 4:35:54 PM
Hardcore is and always has been easier for players who don't mind "tactical" play.

Since they don't show up on radar, they can basically stay in one safe spot the entire game.

It's like playing with the version of Ghost from Blops 1.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9CammyApplePosted 1/29/2013 4:40:53 PM
Foxx3k posted...

scarface_jr posted...

This "logic" about needing less aim is silly. It would also mean the enemy needed less aim and it would be easier for you to die.

The truth is HC rewards those who can acquire their target faster. They don't have to worry about putting three shots center mass only to have to that person one shot them with an SMG. Headshots are actually kills.

A person with good aim will do very well in HC.

If anything a person with poor aim will do better in core. Poor aim means if that first or second shot doesn't land in HC you are dead.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#10HereticKitsunePosted 1/29/2013 5:27:50 PM
Hardcore rewards accuracy, but not precision.

Core rewards both.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?