I split screened tonight... While hosting... Wow.

#1ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/29/2013 10:41:41 PM
So, I play on PS3. Hosting for me is just an instant death sentence. Can't kill people, they eat full clips before just turning and killing me in 1 bullet, etc.

However, my split-screen account was on a 3bar connection as the main was on a 4bar... The game played just like that. My friend was just beasting through people with the 3bar, as I lagged my ass off and couldn't go positibe, on a 4bar, while hosting.... He was even looking at my screen laughing when the killcams popped up.... He saw one where I ran up behind a guy, hit him with the dual executioners, got hitmarkers for all 10 shots point blank, right in his back (that's 2400 damage). Then died in 1 bullet. Killcam showed me never shooting a bullet and him facing me the whole time.

He had the exact opposite. He was glitching all over the screen, dodge bullets since he was never where it showed him, etc.

How? How Treyarch? What is it that you guys need help coding? I'm sure there'll be someone out there who can help you for a VERY minimal cost, if not free.
#2Foxx3kPosted 1/29/2013 10:51:35 PM
He saw one where I ran up behind a guy, hit him with the dual executioners, got hitmarkers for all 10 shots point blank, right in his back (that's 2400 damage)

I do not believe your story anymore.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3ronXwhitePosted 1/29/2013 10:53:57 PM
Foxx3k posted...
He saw one where I ran up behind a guy, hit him with the dual executioners, got hitmarkers for all 10 shots point blank, right in his back (that's 2400 damage)

---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen yeye
Check out my newest BO2 montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYS9aC2iXo
#4ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:55:51 PM
Foxx3k posted...

1 shot from the executioner with all pellets hitting is 240 damage. 8 pellets, x's 30 damage.

Not my fault the server told me the guy was facing away from me, and let me shoot at him. I'm tired of these 'hey, guess what happened 2 seconds ago' killcams.

More importantly. How can 1 player lag, and the other not? I've seen many MANY times where splitscreeners will be in a lobby, and they will be on different 'bars'.
#5TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/29/2013 11:00:23 PM
Treyarch signature workmanship
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#6Bad_BricksPosted 1/29/2013 11:11:09 PM(edited)
Splitscreen makes no sense. You share the SAME Internet, Xbox, and TV but will still have different levels of lag!? Don’t believe me? Watch the final killcam on both screens the bullets and sound never match up. MW3 was the same way. BangBang BangBang BangBang Only 3 shots fired…WTF?
#7ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:14:40 PM
Bad_Bricks posted...
Splitscreen makes no sense. You share the SAME Internet, Xbox, and TV but will still have different levels of lag!? Don’t believe me? Watch the final killcam on both screens the bullets and sound never match up. MW3 was the same way. BangBang BangBang BangBang Only 3 shots fired…WTF?

Yea, it makes no sense at all... That just shows there's something else in their system for 'lag' in general... No reason 1 screen should show something, and the other a different thing, when it's on the same TV, same system, and same internet.... It's just mind boggling... What the f*** are they actually doing over there?

I think they're just having a big ol' circle-jerk instead of trying to actually program something worthy.
#8yediPosted 1/29/2013 11:23:44 PM
dude... there's lag in offline splitscreen. OFFLINE. SPLITSCREEN.

Treyarch had to **** the bed pretty ****ing hard to manage something that embarrassing. As a result, this story, while possibly not true, still doesn't shock or amaze me. It just seems like something this game would do.

I've gotten hung as host more times than I'd like, like the other day when playing in a party with my roommate, sitting in the same room on 2 360's plugged into the same router with the same cords and cord lengths, I get host 5 games in a row until he called it quits. The entire time he was somehow a 3 bar connection, granting him the uncanny ability to practically walk through bullets, meanwhile I couldn't win a gunfight to save my life.

The coding in this game is a joke. Not just the netcode, the whole damn thing is one sloppy mess of fail and embarrassment.
---
XBL: rune yedi WII:7327 0713 1219 5379 PS3: yedi
yedi.deviantart.com
#9ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:26:30 PM
yedi posted...
dude... there's lag in offline splitscreen. OFFLINE. SPLITSCREEN.

Treyarch had to **** the bed pretty ****ing hard to manage something that embarrassing. As a result, this story, while possibly not true, still doesn't shock or amaze me. It just seems like something this game would do.

I've gotten hung as host more times than I'd like, like the other day when playing in a party with my roommate, sitting in the same room on 2 360's plugged into the same router with the same cords and cord lengths, I get host 5 games in a row until he called it quits. The entire time he was somehow a 3 bar connection, granting him the uncanny ability to practically walk through bullets, meanwhile I couldn't win a gunfight to save my life.

The coding in this game is a joke. Not just the netcode, the whole damn thing is one sloppy mess of fail and embarrassment.

Well put....
#10Bad_BricksPosted 1/29/2013 11:28:59 PM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Bad_Bricks posted...

Yea, it makes no sense at all... That just shows there's something else in their system for 'lag' in general... No reason 1 screen should show something, and the other a different thing, when it's on the same TV, same system, and same internet.... It's just mind boggling... What the f*** are they actually doing over there?

I think they're just having a big ol' circle-jerk instead of trying to actually program something worthy.

It's because one is pulling host and the other is not. When in any other game both would be host and have 0 ping, meaning everything that happens on your screen is what happens for everyone you are hosting for. …but not in CoD... Artificial lag aka lag ****.