So, why have the Hardcore players been getting the shaft in this game?

#21AWarAmp84Posted 1/30/2013 6:10:31 AM
coldisgood posted...
Hardcore is terrible...it amplifies every single connection based issue on the game by lowering the TTK. Getting killed by stupid teammates is not fun. Removing the mini map lowers the skill ceiling and renders most uses of stealth perks/tactics void.
And core is probably more realistic if you want to go that route. This game just isn't cable of dismemberment or disablement bc of previous wounds. But think. Would one smr shot to the foot instantly kill a person IRL? No, (if smr were a real weapon) they might bleed out, but it would not keep said person fightin back before death. To put 2-4 bullets depending on the caliber of the gun would almost instantly stop them (as it does in core).

Finally hardcore wouldn't be "kewl" if it wasnt called hardcore. If it was called, limited HUD mode or your character is so stupid he doesn't know how many mags he has left...less people would play it since it wouldn't pretend to have an elte skillset.

Play the game how it was intended to be played...a loosely realistic arcade shooter-core, instead of the completely lag dependent and severely gimped hardcore mode.

Sounds like someone has been on receiving end of an ass whooping on HC recently. Keep relying on your mini map and stealth perks.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#22BushidoFlowPosted 1/30/2013 6:27:09 AM
I played a few hardcore matches last night, and if everyone in the game has the DLC the new maps show up in the games. Worked with Kill Confirmed too.
#23darkshadowmasterPosted 1/30/2013 6:54:28 AM
Hello,

I know the Hardcore crowd loves Hardcore. I love me some Hardcore Search & Destroy, personally. You are a small enough community where I feel like I know some of you personally.

The problem here is that not every gamemode playable in a hardcore variant has sufficent enough traffic to warrant having it's own playlist.

Hardcore Free-For-All, for example, has a very low traffic count. This makes Matchmaking in that playlist more difficult.

While I'm sure that the 4000 people in it right now are loving it, I'm just being open with with you when I say that something with less than 1% of the total population barely justifies it's own playlist.

What follows next is a discussion point. It's not a committement or a guarantee. I am taking feedback as we think about how to provide more hardcore game modes as Public Playlists without fragmenting the small Hardcore community or matchmaking.

I would appreciate it if you please keep your posts on-topic and civil. Please hardcore community, police your own. I am counting on you to make it worthwhile to have a thread going.

As a snapshot in time, these are the Hardcore modes in order of popularity.

1. Hardcore TDM (by a large margin)

2. Hardcore CTF

3. Hardcore Search

4. Hardcore FFA

Where do you go from here? Sacrifice Hardcore FFA for a Moshpit, Kill Confirmed, or something else entirelly?

Some of you will be tempted to say "Give every game mode it's own Hardcore playlist." Save yourself some trouble. I totally get it. You like Hardcore.

However, Hardcore is not a gamemode. It's a variant on the game rules. One that is popular with a very passionate, but very small crowd of people.

Keeping the 80,000 (or so, across 2 platforms) of you together and able to play together has to be a priority over any specfic variant.

Finally, in case you are just joining us on this game, we go through this every two years with you.

This year is no different. We put out the game. We then figure out what is popular amongst the Hardcore (and other variant, but relatively small communities), and we make adjustments that are in the best intrests of the game and the community. This year is no different. Of course we'll make adjustments. We always do.

Vahn
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#24RBEMPosted 1/30/2013 7:05:47 AM
I wouldn't mind HC if it wasn't for 2 things:

1. Team killing. Yes i understand it should be included to provide risk to what you do, but usually just means some little kid thinks it's funny to ballistic knife you in the back.

2. Instant re-spawning. I kill you. You respawn nearby, and then kill me. Rinse repeat etc. Rage ensues.
---
GT: x Pearl o
#25darkshadowmasterPosted 1/30/2013 7:09:10 AM
RBEM posted...

2. Instant re-spawning. I kill you. You respawn nearby, and then kill me. Rinse repeat etc. Rage ensues.

They had a respawn timer up until one of the patches a few months ago. Honestly IMO removing it was one of the best things ever, it sped the game up greatly and keeps people from camping since they don't get a 10 second window before the person they killed comes back.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#26Astro_B0mbPosted 1/30/2013 7:34:05 AM
RBEM posted...

1. Team killing. Yes i understand it should be included to provide risk to what you do, but usually just means some little kid thinks it's funny to ballistic knife you in the back.

But omg HC is so much more realistic and therefore requires more skill!!!
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#27zerooo0Posted 1/30/2013 7:38:02 AM
zerooo0 posted...
gwetmore4523 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
There isn't infinite room for playlists. Hardcore game modes are far less populated than Core, and thus, they get less playlists.

Wheres a link to not enough room please.

I don't think his wording was exactly perfect for what he was trying to describe but in short it's been said many times in the past that they aren't going to create a playlist for less than 1% of the population.

http://codonlineblog.com/2012/11/27/vahn-discusses-hardcore-playlist-modes/

Thing is though if that's the case then why was MW3 able to add more gamemodes, and not take much if any away? I think MW3 may have only taken 1 gamemode out, but added like 3-4 in place. Where as Treyarch we have had the removal of like 4?

My question was never answered. Waiting for a response still.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#28adeelPosted 1/30/2013 7:55:42 AM
There needs to be a Domination. I believe search and destroy is the most unplayed HC playlist out. Remove that and put Domination in and you'll see loads of people playing it. I have absolutely no idea why DOM wasn't including in HC. Just mind-blowing who approved that playlist.
#29Sega9599Posted 1/30/2013 8:56:31 AM
adeel posted...
There needs to be a Domination. I believe search and destroy is the most unplayed HC playlist out. Remove that and put Domination in and you'll see loads of people playing it. I have absolutely no idea why DOM wasn't including in HC. Just mind-blowing who approved that playlist.

THIS.
On MW3, the two gamemodes with the most amount of players are always HC TDM and HC KC. The third is always HC Domination, although on some occasions HC SND will creep in there.

CTF is ok, but I need me some Domination! Wasn't HC Dom in BO1?
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#30xReflectingGodxPosted 1/30/2013 9:09:00 AM
Honestly, I don't see the need for HC CTF. An odd choice. SnD no matter what mode is full of douchy trickshotters or people that treat it like a deathmatch. I'm usually the one that has to plant the bomb if I even make it. But HC FFA? That would be a camp fest. Core FFA is already a camp fest. Been trying for that 30-0 and it keeps getting ruined by someone in a corner.
---
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: Scorpion1085