So, why have the Hardcore players been getting the shaft in this game?

#31matrix0523Posted 1/30/2013 9:11:30 AM
Hardcore is terrible

---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#32coldisgoodPosted 1/30/2013 9:46:39 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
coldisgood posted...
Hardcore is terrible...it amplifies every single connection based issue on the game by lowering the TTK. Getting killed by stupid teammates is not fun. Removing the mini map lowers the skill ceiling and renders most uses of stealth perks/tactics void.
And core is probably more realistic if you want to go that route. This game just isn't cable of dismemberment or disablement bc of previous wounds. But think. Would one smr shot to the foot instantly kill a person IRL? No, (if smr were a real weapon) they might bleed out, but it would not keep said person fightin back before death. To put 2-4 bullets depending on the caliber of the gun would almost instantly stop them (as it does in core).

Finally hardcore wouldn't be "kewl" if it wasnt called hardcore. If it was called, limited HUD mode or your character is so stupid he doesn't know how many mags he has left...less people would play it since it wouldn't pretend to have an elte skillset.

Play the game how it was intended to be played...a loosely realistic arcade shooter-core, instead of the completely lag dependent and severely gimped hardcore mode.

Sounds like someone has been on receiving end of an ass whooping on HC recently. Keep relying on your mini map and stealth perks.

No I do equally well in HC vs core. But in hardcore you will die more times by lag (them seeing you before they appear on your screen, you not shooting bullets etc...bc you die in those first two bullets and have no time to try and make up for it...which is awful since it wasn't your fault to begin with)
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#33benymen10Posted 1/30/2013 10:01:12 AM
3v3v3 has like a k players even league play has 300-1000 players so that isn't a valid argument when saying ffa wasn't popular enough it had around 3k players when it got replaced with kill confirmed i don't see why we can't have both. add headquarters too and richocet plx
#34Hillbilly_SmurfPosted 1/30/2013 10:03:45 AM
Hardcore stopped being fun and playable with World at War. Hell you could probably say the same for Call of Duty series in general. Thats when they made the switch from strategic FPS to casual shooter, IMO.
---
Dear Rockstar: Please make a new "The Warriors". Thanks, peace.
#35CallMeSeekerPosted 1/30/2013 10:04:32 AM
Oh man, hardcore FFA sure sounds like a blast...

Yes, that was sarcasm.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#36slaveanselmoPosted 1/30/2013 10:09:28 AM
The majority of people have anegative opinion of it and don't give it a try. And because the community is smaller we get shafted like any other minority. Gotta please the masses.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.
#37ZephyrSSXPosted 1/30/2013 10:11:32 AM
CallMeSeeker posted...

Yes, that was sarcasm.

If you aren't going to play it, no one cares about your opinion.

And don't even think about posting that stupid "you responded so you care" crap. It doesn't make sense and you're an idiot if you do.
---
Where most strive and train to get it right, I will relentlessly train so I never get it wrong.
#38Astro_B0mbPosted 1/30/2013 10:13:40 AM
ZephyrSSX posted...
CallMeSeeker posted...

Yes, that was sarcasm.

If you aren't going to play it, no one cares about your opinion.

And don't even think about posting that stupid "you responded so you care" crap. It doesn't make sense and you're an idiot if you do.

If you didnt care you woulda just laughed at it and moved on without confrontation my good man.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#39gwetmore4523Posted 1/30/2013 2:38:19 PM
zerooo0 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
gwetmore4523 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
There isn't infinite room for playlists. Hardcore game modes are far less populated than Core, and thus, they get less playlists.

Wheres a link to not enough room please.

I don't think his wording was exactly perfect for what he was trying to describe but in short it's been said many times in the past that they aren't going to create a playlist for less than 1% of the population.

http://codonlineblog.com/2012/11/27/vahn-discusses-hardcore-playlist-modes/

Thing is though if that's the case then why was MW3 able to add more gamemodes, and not take much if any away? I think MW3 may have only taken 1 gamemode out, but added like 3-4 in place. Where as Treyarch we have had the removal of like 4?

My question was never answered. Waiting for a response still.

I mean ask Vahn all of these questions, I have no bearing on whether these stay or go. The link should be everything you need. Vahn is the man who makes those decisions for Treyarch. Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer were in charge of MW3, 2 completely different developers.
---
PSN - W3tm0G
XBL - xM0G