How'd Die Rise compared to Tranzit?

#1MrMonkhousePosted 1/30/2013 3:12:15 AM
Topic.
#2Zero IXPosted 1/30/2013 5:34:19 AM
TranZit seems to garner love-it-or-hate-it reactions. While I get that a lot of players felt like the TranZit experience was really just a few tiny maps disguised as something bigger, I think the concept is cool and enjoyed what little I played of it... but really felt no tug to play it more than a few times or "master" it.

I've only played Die Rise a couple times, but it seems awesome. While I liked the Black Ops Zombies maps, I'm really glad 3arc is trying to change things up instead of just releasing another round of maps that boil down to the exact same strategies outside of one or two gimmicks. At least right now, it seems like it's going to be much more difficult to get setup and sail to as high a round as one wants before getting bored on Die Rise, which I think is great. It will make getting to a higher round than last time much more meaningful than before when it's because you had a better game as opposed to just having to happen to have an extra hour to burn during that particular session.

The aesthetic in Die Rise feels kind of like Resident Evil to me, which is also a plus.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/30/2013 5:38:08 AM
Tranzit takes more skill, Die Rise comes down to luck with what perk bottles drop/power ups drop in the first 5-7 rounds. If you get lucky and score 2x with a nuke and IK, you can just buy Galv instea of making the trap for the crawlers.

Both are awesome IMO.
#4torey_caylorPosted 1/30/2013 5:46:06 AM
I haven't gotten a season pass yet, but i've watched a lot of vids. So far i can tell i like it way better than Tranzit. Seems a bit claustrophobic/maze like but IMO it feels like a real zombie map.
#5tadmfpolePosted 1/30/2013 6:01:33 AM
Die Rise is a lot closer to the zombie experience I have grown to love. I am not crazy about the machines sliding up and down in the elevators but I can live with it. I think we now know why they really added perma-jugg. I can see a lot of less than average players being really put off with Die Rise at first. It is gonna take a while to tame this one. That is a good thing though. Here is to hoping the exploits and glitches stay away. Wishful thinking, right?
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#6tadmfpolePosted 1/30/2013 6:08:06 AM
Forgot to add ammo rounds are back, and 3 new wall weapons that are all competent enough to use for a reasonable length of time. I think there are 9 wall weapons (?) not counting knuckles and bowie. Hell yes to all. Not sure what if anything new is in the box. New wonder weapon is neat too.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#7oReloadPosted 1/30/2013 6:19:02 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Tranzit takes more skill, Die Rise comes down to luck with what perk bottles drop/power ups drop in the first 5-7 rounds. If you get lucky and score 2x with a nuke and IK, you can just buy Galv instea of making the trap for the crawlers.

Both are awesome IMO.

Tranzit takes more skill?

LOL. Please, if I wanted to; I could make it to round 70. I just don't have the time (I do have the patience, but my laziness counteracts that). Tranzit takes absolutely no skill. Die Rise is 100 times better than Tranzit and takes more skill.
---
GT: Waleyy
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/30/2013 1:07:35 PM
oReload posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Both are awesome IMO.

Tranzit takes more skill?

LOL. Please, if I wanted to; I could make it to round 70. I just don't have the time (I do have the patience, but my laziness counteracts that). Tranzit takes absolutely no skill. Die Rise is 100 times better than Tranzit and takes more skill.

Clearly you haven't used Die Rises wonder weapon. It's your classic zombie instant win stick. Tranzit will always take more skill and so will the jet gun.
#9TheBEST305gamerPosted 1/30/2013 5:18:08 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Both are awesome IMO.

You could talk up Tranzit all you want, but not even YOU believe that Tranzit takes more skill. Tranzit is a joke.

IMO, The wonder weapon on Die Rise is mediocre, but I may be using it wrong due to first time use. My experience so far is that it kills one zombie at a time and makes a mess everywhere. I'm sure there is a way to exploit the slippery mess, but I didn't see anything special either way. I switched to M & S and traded it in for others to use.

I've had a ton of fun on this map and I love the cramped feeling when moving through some areas. The only frustration I've experienced have been the stupid downs I've had. I hit an invisible barrier when jumping down the shaft on two occasions(same game!) and I was even stupid enough to get crushed by the elevator! LMAO
#10slaveanselmoPosted 1/30/2013 5:20:04 PM
Is that pronounced funky or is it just Die Rise?
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.