How'd Die Rise compared to Tranzit?

#11OmegaReaper21Posted 1/30/2013 4:23:16 PM
TheBEST305gamer posted...

I've had a ton of fun on this map and I love the cramped feeling when moving through some areas. The only frustration I've experienced have been the stupid downs I've had. I hit an invisible barrier when jumping down the shaft on two occasions(same game!) and I was even stupid enough to get crushed by the elevator! LMAO

I go down the elevator shaft, the first "insta-slide" platform, I land and get downed, solo-quick-revived, go down the big "insta slide" and it throws me into a wall, rather than the room and killed. I was mad but laughed about it afterward.

On topic, it's better, it's mostly "classic zombies" but not fully. My biggest gripe is that most of the areas are one way, (two way one-at-a-time with one of the new buildables), once you go through this hallway/down this drop, there is no way back except to go a whole "loop" back to the beginning and what not.
#12supercoolisaacPosted 1/30/2013 4:23:39 PM
Die Rise is one of my favorite zombie maps. The only one that I can say I for sure like more is Der Riese lol. Then there's a couple, this map included, that are competing for those 2/3/4 spots.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#13TheBEST305gamerPosted 1/30/2013 4:25:17 PM
OmegaReaper21 posted...

I've had a ton of fun on this map and I love the cramped feeling when moving through some areas. The only frustration I've experienced have been the stupid downs I've had. I hit an invisible barrier when jumping down the shaft on two occasions(same game!) and I was even stupid enough to get crushed by the elevator! LMAO

I go down the elevator shaft, the first "insta-slide" platform, I land and get downed, solo-quick-revived, go down the big "insta slide" and it throws me into a wall, rather than the room and killed. I was mad but laughed about it afterward.

On topic, it's better, it's mostly "classic zombies" but not fully. My biggest gripe is that most of the areas are one way, (two way one-at-a-time with one of the new buildables), once you go through this hallway/down this drop, there is no way back except to go a whole "loop" back to the beginning and what not.

I read somewhere that you can build a trampoline. My guess as that it will negate this problem(or at least that's what I'm hoping for).
#14TheBEST305gamerPosted 1/30/2013 4:28:33 PM
OmegaReaper21 posted...

Oh, and that same game where I died in the elevator shaft, my buddy was the last man standing and was in the area where there is a hole in the ground with a slide that you can take to the lower level...He got hit ONCE by a zombie and took the slide.. Game over. LOL!
#15SaphirahPosted 1/30/2013 5:42:47 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Tranzit takes more skill, Die Rise comes down to luck with what perk bottles drop/power ups drop in the first 5-7 rounds. If you get lucky and score 2x with a nuke and IK, you can just buy Galv instea of making the trap for the crawlers.

Both are awesome IMO.

Tranzit takes more skill?

hah, Crossbones make me laugh.
#16justintime911Posted 1/30/2013 5:53:19 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
Is that pronounced funky or is it just Die Rise?

It's a play on the term "high rise".

Pronounced the same, just with a D at the beginning.
---
"Because, Nintendo's no slut. They're not gonna give us the goods straight up, we gotta wait for em."
3DS Friend Code 2836-0106-0397
#17flamepeltPosted 1/30/2013 7:08:55 PM
oReload posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Tranzit takes more skill, Die Rise comes down to luck with what perk bottles drop/power ups drop in the first 5-7 rounds. If you get lucky and score 2x with a nuke and IK, you can just buy Galv instea of making the trap for the crawlers.

Both are awesome IMO.

LOL. Please, if I wanted to; I could make it to round 70. I just don't have the time (I do have the patience, but my laziness counteracts that). Tranzit takes absolutely no skill. Die Rise is 100 times better than Tranzit and takes more skill.

In tranzit you can sit in thousands of place and run in circles, and because of bank ou can have 4 perks and PaPd RPD and Ray gun before the end of round one. You can even grab that ROD outta the fridge so you dont beed to sit tete woth the box. In die rise its unpredictable with perks, many places for instant death, and confusing as hell to go around.
#18TheBEST305gamerPosted 1/30/2013 7:25:49 PM(edited)
flamepelt posted...
oReload posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Both are awesome IMO.

LOL. Please, if I wanted to; I could make it to round 70. I just don't have the time (I do have the patience, but my laziness counteracts that). Tranzit takes absolutely no skill. Die Rise is 100 times better than Tranzit and takes more skill.

In tranzit you can sit in thousands of place and run in circles, and because of bank ou can have 4 perks and PaPd RPD and Ray gun before the end of round one. You can even grab that ROD outta the fridge so you dont beed to sit tete woth the box. In die rise its unpredictable with perks, many places for instant death, and confusing as hell to go around.

Pay no mind to Wookie. At this point, it's obvious he's just trolling. I mean, is it really surprising that a contrarian loves Tranzit? This map is truly similar to Five(a HATED map in BOPs1)yet everyone loves it now?! Why do you think that is?
#19tadmfpolePosted 1/31/2013 3:35:12 AM(edited)
There is no possible way anyone who has played both maps can think TranZit takes more skill than Die Rise.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#20Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/31/2013 5:03:39 AM
flamepelt posted...
oReload posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Both are awesome IMO.

Are you serious? You can have an instant win stick by wave one in Die Rise, plus the Zombie pile up spot in the dojo combined with six perks and the best wonder weapon yet make this map easy as pie. And it's not even close to confusing lmao, I knew my way around after 3-4 games.