How do you guys feel about the Peacekeeper?

#21NinjaDeath911Posted 1/30/2013 9:12:46 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
matrix0523 posted...
I've also noticed that people love to use a silencer on the Peacekeeper.

I don't know why. The Peacekeeper is not a gun you silence. It's whole specialty is it's ludicrous range and that gets butchered if you put a silencer on it.

And that's probably why people say it sucks. They put a laser sight and a silencer and use it for for something other than what it is. You don't snipe with a shotgun do you?

Id, people shot gun with a sniper in this game
#22matrix0523(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:13:29 AM
matrix0523 posted...

I don't know why. The Peacekeeper is not a gun you silence. It's whole specialty is it's ludicrous range and that gets butchered if you put a silencer on it.

And that's probably why people say it sucks. They put a laser sight and a silencer and use it for for something other than what it is. You don't snipe with a shotgun do you?

EXACTLY.

People don't realize that the Peacekeeper isn't like the other SMGs. They try to use it as if it was and then they get bodied hardcore. You know what happens after that? They go on gamefaqs talking about how terrible it is.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#23ShadowElite86Posted 1/30/2013 9:21:59 AM
Its decent but that's it. I can do fairly well with it most matches, but its outclassed by the PDW and M7. Who am I to say though, I think the MCSC is average also.
#24Gunther482Posted 1/30/2013 9:23:01 AM
It needs to be used like an AR with higher mobility, it's great for maps like Turbine.
#25LittleshrtstoutPosted 1/30/2013 9:42:17 AM
Peacekeeper with RDS/Grip (or if you think grip is placebo: long barrel)

or all three. Honestly this with:
Ghost/Flak
Scav
Dex
C4
Trophy or Blackhat
Perk1 Greed

makes my favorite all around class for the game. Multipurpose, mobile, defensive, constant C4.
Peacekeeper is my favorite gun cause of the mobility and range. 2nd favorite is M27.

But i miss MW3 ACR :p
---
TheYesYEsShow
#26CallMeSeekerPosted 1/30/2013 9:46:40 AM
GTJonnyMnemonic posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
HitokiriFelix posted...
DougEInstructor posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
Loving it. But coming from someone that uses the Vector and M1216, I guess everything is a step up.

The vector is better than this crap.

Peacekeeper range is something like 90 meters for a 4-shot kill, compared to the Vector which drops into a 5-shot at 12 meters and quickly into a 6 shot after that (and that's unsuppressed). Also the peacekeeper has a better headshot multiplier.

I heard the peacekeeper had no headshot multiplier?

Drift0r's YT video stated that it doesn't have a hs multiplier but people can get this stuff wrong from time to time I suppose, a few other YT'ers are saying it has a 1.2 hs multiplier.. I really cba to test myself tho so I'll just stick to my usually spray and pray smg method until I see/hear definitive proof either way.

It definitely has a hs multiplier, I've tested it myself. It's also not a 4-5 shot kill weapon like some people have said. The damage drops to 18 just like all the other SMGs. Though, I suppose with its range that rarely happens.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#27Juzten76Posted 1/30/2013 9:46:44 AM
matrix0523 posted...

Hmm, I don't even use a silencer on any of my guns but I didn't like the Peacemaker until I put a silencer on it.

The fact that it does have ludicrous range is the very reason a silencer is great on it.
#28DougEInstructorPosted 1/30/2013 10:18:27 AM
GTJonnyMnemonic posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
HitokiriFelix posted...
DougEInstructor posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
Loving it. But coming from someone that uses the Vector and M1216, I guess everything is a step up.

The vector is better than this crap.

Peacekeeper range is something like 90 meters for a 4-shot kill, compared to the Vector which drops into a 5-shot at 12 meters and quickly into a 6 shot after that (and that's unsuppressed). Also the peacekeeper has a better headshot multiplier.

I heard the peacekeeper had no headshot multiplier?

Drift0r's YT video stated that it doesn't have a hs multiplier but people can get this stuff wrong from time to time I suppose, a few other YT'ers are saying it has a 1.2 hs multiplier.. I really cba to test myself tho so I'll just stick to my usually spray and pray smg method until I see/hear definitive proof either way.

Drift0r is a moron don't trust his lies.
#29bbert901Posted 1/30/2013 10:49:58 AM
My problem with it is CQC, medium range. It gets outgunned by so many weapons in this game. There are a lot more guns that are just as reliable long range, that are also better than the Peacekeeper, short range.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OFUbs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Gzd6P.jpg http://oi48.tinypic.com/256xlj4.jpg
#30Scape13Posted 1/31/2013 11:48:21 PM
DarkLeemer posted...
matrix0523 posted...

Well, that's also a very good reason to put a silencer on it. It has much longer range then the other SMGs so the silencer doesn't effect it as much. It's still pretty good range til it drops off.

Plus, even with the range drop off, it is typically worth it in a CoD game, considering the majority of players will just rush red dots on the map. It's best not to show up. It's a worthwhile trade off IMO.