Reload canceling is the dumbest thing in this game

#21Jigglybuff(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:02:32 PM
Quoting yourself doesnt change my point.

You were the dumb one who fired off rounds giving up your location. Your clip is still capable of killing multiple people despite your four spent bullets, you made the mistake of reloading and you should have to deal with it.

I will admit I reload cancel at times but it still doesnt change the fact its a broken mechanic. I reload only when I need to and I dont get pissed because I began reloading and some guy came around the corner spraying immediatly after I was firingnlike a madman
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
#22silver_stonerPosted 1/30/2013 2:03:30 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Your a bad player if you dont know how to time your reloads better

yet you're the one here complaining about a mechanic that's been in every iteration of this arcade style shooter

2/10 got me to respond twice

so true, this is an arcade style game ,so being able to pull out a clip that was in your gun and put it back in is somewhat realistic . Since this game is an arcade style shooter I can understand your grievances with this game mechanic.

sarcasm

---
I AGREE Gaste my sig?
Star wars battlefront 3 is needed- sig inspired by zerooo0
#23DrFeelgood1984Posted 1/30/2013 2:08:28 PM
Why would anyone argue against what the TC is saying? It's obviously dumb that you can cancel a reload without any consequences.
#24Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/30/2013 2:10:37 PM
Your a bad player if you dont know how to time your reloads better

How the hell does one time their reloads better? Shoots a guy > checks the way he was coming from > It's clear > Starts reloading > WHAM! A MFer pops around the corner exactly when you start reloading

Small maps + bad spawns -> It's impossible to "time your reloads" to avoid confrontations mid-reload. Sometimes you get caught reloading, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you can get the kill by canceling it out, sometimes you can't.
#25ZephyrSSXPosted 1/30/2013 2:23:03 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
Why would anyone argue against what the TC is saying? It's obviously dumb that you can cancel a reload without any consequences.

Because bad people are going to be bad and defend their badness.
---
Where most strive and train to get it right, I will relentlessly train so I never get it wrong.
#26KabtheMentatPosted 1/30/2013 2:24:36 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with reload cancelling, I mean in real life if you are mid reload and you break into a run it automatically puts the old clip back in as if by magic...if you're defending this then you need your head seen to, the old clip should be binned as soon as reload is started, at best you should get one desperate shot to represent the one left in the chamber assuming it wasn't run dry. However it's been like this since the beginning and will probably never change.

In real life you can sprint and reload at the same time. So your argument is dumb.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#27thousandinonePosted 1/30/2013 2:28:14 PM
As long as we're complaining about reload mechanics, how about the invisible hand that refills all of your magazines?

If you reload, the mag you just removed should remain at its current state. If thats 3 shots fired, 2 shots left, or an empty mag, thats what you get when you put that mag back in.
---
Worst thing about grammar police: They're cannibals. If one makes a single typo or error while 'critiquing' someone, they will be EVISCERATED by their fellows.
#28Jigglybuff(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:41:33 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...

Because bad people are going to be bad and defend their badness.

Bad people exploiting an oversight in game design will still be bad.

Besides 90% of the weapns the community uses, all reload in like what.....under 2 seconds? And thats just somewhat exagerating. Most reload quicker then that.
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
#29KabtheMentatPosted 1/30/2013 3:25:55 PM(edited)
How are people that reload cancel bad? I'd argue they're part of the upper tier of CoD players because they understand the game and its mechanics. Your average person doesn't. Hell, your average person believes the in-game weapon stat charts.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#30slaveanselmoPosted 1/30/2013 2:44:19 PM
They still have that one in the chamber that could realistically kill you. Seeing how youre about the realism of an arcade shooter.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.