Reload canceling is the dumbest thing in this game

#51Mander1861Posted 1/30/2013 6:00:25 PM
iiTryhard posted...
Donald Trump is my idol

---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#52Super_apePosted 1/30/2013 6:23:40 PM
HitokiriFelix posted...
That's a great point OP. Imagine how much more useful secondaries would be if you had to actually finish a reload you started. But then dual mags MSMC would just be an even better setup than it already is.

They give you several items to help with reloading.
First are secondaries, where its quicker to switch to them then reload your primary.
That and the extended mags and fast reload(forgot the attachment name), so abusing something like reload cancel is just stupid.
---
Its a bird!! No its a plane!! No its just a monkey wearing a cape!
#53EdalborezPosted 1/30/2013 6:34:06 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
How are people that reload cancel bad? I'd argue they're part of the upper tier of CoD players because they understand the game and its mechanics. Your average person doesn't. Hell, your average person believes the in-game weapon stat charts.

Quoted for emphasis.

Video games =/= real life. Knowing mechanics makes you a better player. Saying otherwise is only justifying your refusal to improve, either willingly or unwillingly.
#54Dark_Link72Posted 1/30/2013 11:30:51 PM
It actually blows my mind that someone is complaining about reload cancelling.

I used to think "people will complain about anything in CoD" was exaggerated, but my god people WILL complain about anything in CoD. Anything.

You want to tell me how it's totally not a "broken mechanic" that people can go prone WHILST ADS'ing? I mean, because, really, for someone to go prone, it's pretty impossible to flop on you stomach without lowering your gun/using your hands to soften the landing/not taking a moment to settle on your knees first/etc.

Or, how about people can "magically" pull a death machine off their backs from nowhere?

What about detonating C4 without the trigger?

Causing someone's vitals to instantly flat-line by shooting them in the foot?

Shooting bullets out of tip of your head?

Dolphin diving from two stories up without dying?

Rotating a full 360 degrees ten times in under a few seconds?

They're MECHANICS to the game, it's just how it works.

It's a game, it's meant to be fast-paced and fun. Not realistic.

What you're whining about has been in, literally, every CoD. Reload cancelling doesn't insta-win engagements. You're still at a disadvantage if caught reloading.

What are you going to complain about next? How hip-firing shouldn't have a random spread? Or maybe how people shouldn't re-spawn, ever?

The ONLY thing I agree with is that people tend to reload way too often.

I think the best way to discourage ADHD reloading would be to, instead of letting unused bullets in each mag to go back into the stock pile, limit everyone to a set number of mags. Technically, with a 30 round mag and three back-up mags, you could reload up 118 times before running out of ammo. Fire one bullet, reload, fire on bullet, reload....

I say we should make it so if you reload, any unused bullets are lost.

Say your gun has thirty bullets. And you only have one more clip left on back-up, 30 in the mag and 30 on back-up (totaling at 60). You fire 6 shots, and reload. Typically you'd have 30 in the mag, and 24 on back-up (totaling at 54).

With the limited mags, you'd have only the 30 left in the mag. No rounds left over.

This method would force people to really think twice about reloading, and many would attempt to actually use all of their mag before reloading.

I know it'll never happen, but I think it would be fun.
---
I'm loving the shenanigans.
#55BaseballtitanPosted 1/31/2013 8:21:05 AM
Dark_Link72 posted...
wall of text.

---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#56Faust_8Posted 1/31/2013 8:26:49 AM
I think the best way to discourage ADHD reloading would be to, instead of letting unused bullets in each mag to go back into the stock pile, limit everyone to a set number of mags. Technically, with a 30 round mag and three back-up mags, you could reload up 118 times before running out of ammo. Fire one bullet, reload, fire on bullet, reload....

I say we should make it so if you reload, any unused bullets are lost.

Say your gun has thirty bullets. And you only have one more clip left on back-up, 30 in the mag and 30 on back-up (totaling at 60). You fire 6 shots, and reload. Typically you'd have 30 in the mag, and 24 on back-up (totaling at 54).

With the limited mags, you'd have only the 30 left in the mag. No rounds left over.

This method would force people to really think twice about reloading, and many would attempt to actually use all of their mag before reloading.

I know it'll never happen, but I think it would be fun.

This contradicts the "fast paced and fun, not realistic" thing though. While realistic, people would whine like you wouldn't believe because they just don't want to think about that, and the usage of Scavenger would go through the roof.

This mechanic is great for single player games and slower paced shooters, but not CoD. The only game I've played that had this mechanic is Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#57mariofan619Posted 1/31/2013 8:39:52 AM
Why shouldn't you be able to do it? Because it's not realistic? Welcome to CoD, stop whining and get over yourself.

They don't need to take away any more skill than they already have.
---
Mini Mii | noone curr
http://sixpop.com/files/9/Homework.png
#58TimandEricPosted 1/31/2013 9:36:59 AM
Super_ape posted...
Wow......just...wow.

Tc could be complaining about a number of stupid things ranging from target finders, smgs, to the games crappy maps. But he complains about something valid like reload canceling and you guys bash him. Get off this games back, reload canceling is bull in any game.

^^This. Reload canceling is just a stupid glitch that the devs are too lazy to ever fix. How anyone can be against fixing such a relatively easy and avoidable design oversight just proves how unreasonably stupid the majority of the community has become. If we can't agree on fixing even the most minimal and obvious exploits, then this franchise will never get better.
#59WarchildPosted 1/31/2013 10:13:58 AM
People are that bored with Black Ops II already they have to make threads about something so insignificant as this? I'm sad I just lost 5 minutes of play time reading it.
---
Do you believe in God?
Warning, your answer will determine how this game ends.
#60Majora1988Posted 1/31/2013 10:22:42 AM
Successful troll is successful.
---
Certainly, he had too many weaknesses to use my power.
[PDBA Forever]