What do people think of the SMR?

#1TheSnypahvol2Posted 1/30/2013 1:56:19 PM
This is my first post here...so sorry if this has been talked about....but what's the deal with this gun? I never see anyone using it yet its my favorite gun by far. I seem to do the most consistent with it and even hip firing it has proven effective. I find it far better than the FAL at least.Des anyone else like this gun?
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 1/30/2013 1:58:11 PM
I like it but won't use it much unless they increase it's RoF a bit.

Currently the RoF is so low that I repeatedly "jam" the weapon every time I try to actually use it, causing infuriating and stupid deaths.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3__redxiii__Posted 1/30/2013 1:59:53 PM
I think it is better than the FAL. The range the FAL drops off from 2 to 3 hit kills is sporadic and seems to change with the map. As I've noticed some AR shots are longshots but the same shot wouldn't have been a longshot on say, Turbine. Also if you use select fire the SMR, IMO, is much better.
#4FunKeeJPosted 1/30/2013 2:01:51 PM
It has more range than the FAL.
But FAL has less recoil, faster reload time, faster ADS, faster raising and lowering times, as well as larger mag size. Let's not forget about the ROF advantage and TTK advantage of the FAL!

I do prefer to use the SMR in single-fire mode, however.
---
PSN: FunKeeJ
#5gameflakPosted 1/30/2013 2:07:32 PM
Fal doesn't have less recoil with SF anymore, though.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#6FunKeeJPosted 1/30/2013 2:10:42 PM
It does.
If you shoot off 20 bullets for FAL and not 25 and compare it with the SMR, the FAL has less.
---
PSN: FunKeeJ
#7slaveanselmoPosted 1/30/2013 2:16:34 PM
I got called a "n***** camper" for using it just a few minutes ago. I had a silencer stock and QD on it running around Standoff.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until a Harbaugh wins the Super Bowl.