So let's talk Peacekeeper.

#1duericPosted 1/30/2013 4:26:33 PM
If you haven't seen Driftor's video, check it out. He lays out all the stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f84jUN27vc

I like the PK. It's new and fun and looks pretty boss. Thing is, it seems rather redundant.

IMO, calling it a hybrid is a bit misleading. Sure, it shares common characteristics with ARs and SMGs, but instead of having a mix of strengths and weaknesses, it's basically all weaknesses.

The one place where you could make an argument for it is in it's mobility. But what good is having the mobility if you need to keep everything midrange anyway? If you can do that, an AR with LW is going to be the better choice because of the much better kill times in all situations.

I just can't find a logical reason to ever use this gun. Which is kind of cool because you can use it exclusively and not fall in with the rest of the tryhards. Still, I wish it had a niche other than fun.

What is everybody else's opinion on it so far?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2__redxiii__Posted 1/30/2013 4:28:20 PM
What's the main mode you play? I play hardpoint so it's a lot more of watching a window or door than having to react in a gunfight.
#3scarface_jrPosted 1/30/2013 4:30:02 PM
If you want to use it play a custom game against bots, I picked it up off of one. I like it, Tho I wish they'd let you buy that for like 180 msp instead of needing to buy the whole dlc.
---
"There are good guys and there are bad guys in this world, and make no mistake I am a bad, bad man." -CM Punk
#4BS_InfinitePosted 1/30/2013 4:30:17 PM
It's kinda like using the Chicom. It's not especially bad at any range, but it's not a great gun.
---
BS_Infinite posted...
YOLOconozco
#5__redxiii__Posted 1/30/2013 4:33:02 PM
BS_Infinite posted...
It's kinda like using the Chicom. It's not especially bad at any range, but it's not a great gun.

The Chicom is amazing inside of buildings and alleys.
#6ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/30/2013 4:33:53 PM
It looks ehhh. Glad it isn't OP since that would be unfair to anyone who didn't buy the DLC.

I tend to like the 'underpowered' weapons anyway. After Diamonding the SMGs (I'm an SMG player throughout the FPS series) I went to specials to have some fun. People hate those things. Now I'm on the sExecutioner and have 30 kills with no perks/attachments left. I started this before the buff on it, used it for 20 kills after the buff and BIG difference. It's ridiculous now. I'm waiting for people to jump on it's bandwagon..... (it's my most used weapon after the SMGs, 945 kills) Most fun I've had in this COD.

Once this DLC hits the PS3, I'm sure I'll end up using the Peacekeeper and giving it a go... Trying to find the best playstyle for it and the best areas of each map where it 'reigns supreme'. While there ARE OP weapons, no weapons are really 'underpowered' as long as you bring the fights to your optimum range....

I'm not gonna try to snipe you with an Executioner. I'm going to lure you in with the Shield, then quickly swap to it and obliterate you when you're close.

If they ever put a Sniper in the DLC.... EL OH EL! I can't snipe. Nope. Nope. Nope... RSASS with ACOG from MW3 was my 'sniper'. Used it as a battle rifle and people HATED it.
#7__redxiii__Posted 1/30/2013 4:36:28 PM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
It looks ehhh. Glad it isn't OP since that would be unfair to anyone who didn't buy the DLC.

I tend to like the 'underpowered' weapons anyway. After Diamonding the SMGs (I'm an SMG player throughout the FPS series) I went to specials to have some fun. People hate those things. Now I'm on the sExecutioner and have 30 kills with no perks/attachments left. I started this before the buff on it, used it for 20 kills after the buff and BIG difference. It's ridiculous now. I'm waiting for people to jump on it's bandwagon..... (it's my most used weapon after the SMGs, 945 kills) Most fun I've had in this COD.

Once this DLC hits the PS3, I'm sure I'll end up using the Peacekeeper and giving it a go... Trying to find the best playstyle for it and the best areas of each map where it 'reigns supreme'. While there ARE OP weapons, no weapons are really 'underpowered' as long as you bring the fights to your optimum range....

I'm not gonna try to snipe you with an Executioner. I'm going to lure you in with the Shield, then quickly swap to it and obliterate you when you're close.

If they ever put a Sniper in the DLC.... EL OH EL! I can't snipe. Nope. Nope. Nope... RSASS with ACOG from MW3 was my 'sniper'. Used it as a battle rifle and people HATED it.

Same here after I got my 100 headshots on executioner and put it aside (I like to get 100 headshots with all the weapons in the group first) then the update came. 8(
#8ICantNameGudPosted 1/30/2013 4:37:27 PM
I think the peacekeeper is pretty bad. The vector is a better SMG
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#9MexiRicanMoFoPosted 1/30/2013 4:38:41 PM
As a guy who has always liked AR's better than SMG's, I really like it. I use it more like an AR, but the extra mobility allows me to keep up with SMG's without the usual LW, Stock, or QD. It's pretty versatile in that aspect.
---
GT: iLuv2WakenBake
#10gameflakPosted 1/30/2013 4:41:49 PM
It's ok. I prefer the MSMC to it though.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.