The gondolas on Downhill are going to ruin so many people's killstreaks

#21GundamBansheeFAPosted 1/31/2013 8:56:56 AM
Thought i could prone and camp under them... Wrong i got splattered..
#22Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/31/2013 9:03:53 AM
GundamBansheeFA posted...
Thought i could prone and camp under them... Wrong i got splattered..

This too. It definitely seems like there's enough space for it to go over you. I saw three enemies near the B flag area and went prone (I guess you could call it a drop shot, the thing was in my way so I went prone to take aim) to take them out because I had a good shot lined up. I got two of them and then it took me out.
#23ShadowElite86Posted 1/31/2013 9:33:39 AM(edited)
My first time playing on Downhill this happened. I was 1 or 2 kills away from a Lodestar and bam....got ran the **** over. I was pissed, but slightly ammused as well. Realy wasn't expecting it. I've been killed by the watet on Hydro once, but that was out of stupidity on my part. Jumped right in despite it already going.
#24Velociswagger(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:36:20 AM
ShadowElite86 posted...
My first time playing on Downhill this happened. I was 1 or 2 kills away from a Lodestar and bam....got ran the **** over. I was pissed, but slightly ammused as well. Realy wasn't expecting it. I've been killed by the watet on Hydro once, but that was out of stupidity on my part. Jumped right in despite it already going.

Yeah I got killed by the water once too, i laughed because about 5 other people died with me.
---
Operator rH
#25RazorSharp02Posted 1/31/2013 10:11:57 AM(edited)
Lord_TenseEye posted...
What the f*** is the point of adding this troll s*** into the game anyways? Now the water on hydro is a different story. It shows a red light and the announcer speaks right before the water is released. I'm not sure how anyone gets caught on that.

Just wanted to point out I got caught in the water, albeit intentionally. Was REALLY hoping to get rushed out with the water and down the dam. But you just fall over as if you were shot. Don't even get washed away. That sucks.

---
KCCO & Mind the gap
XBL/PSN:RazorSharp02
#26gameflakPosted 1/31/2013 10:30:22 AM
Nevest posted...
Gondola:
http://www.steamboat-springs.com/images/gondola-ski-club-main-lr.jpg

Ski lift:
http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~cheung/Courses/558/Projects/FIGS/ski-lift.jpg

Which do you see on downhill?

Because gondola can mean more than one thing, I just use "funicular" to avoid confusion.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.