Welp, decided to quit being a tryhard

#31ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:35:50 PM
AU_Mister187 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
What is a tryhard? I hear it a lot, mainly when some one is trying to win, which is odd to me cause that is the point of the game.

Seems you try to win and get called a tryhard, don't do good and get called a noob. No matter what you are called names. Seems like a messed up system. Stupid community.

THIS^

A tryhard is someone who uses the best set-ups every game, and is always trying his best to do well. You can win and not be a tryhard. If you use the PDW/FAL 95% of the time, you're most likely a tryhard.

Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, personally I think that playstyle gets a little old and people should branch out, especially if they're going to try and claim they're good at the game. But when it comes down to it, they bought the game, and they're entitled to do what they please with it.

And I never call bad people "noobs", especially not in the form of ****-talking. If I'm in a party I might say, "Damn these guys are horrible. This is almost too easy"...but it's not like I'm going to get into the post-game lobby and start berating them for being bad at a video game.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#32AU_Mister187Posted 1/31/2013 12:42:12 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
AU_Mister187 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
What is a tryhard? I hear it a lot, mainly when some one is trying to win, which is odd to me cause that is the point of the game.

Seems you try to win and get called a tryhard, don't do good and get called a noob. No matter what you are called names. Seems like a messed up system. Stupid community.

THIS^

A tryhard is someone who uses the best set-ups every game, and is always trying his best to do well. You can win and not be a tryhard. If you use the PDW/FAL 95% of the time, you're most likely a tryhard.

Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, personally I think that playstyle gets a little old and people should branch out, especially if they're going to try and claim they're good at the game. But when it comes down to it, they bought the game, and they're entitled to do what they please with it.

And I never call bad people "noobs", especially not in the form of ****-talking. If I'm in a party I might say, "Damn these guys are horrible. This is almost too easy"...but it's not like I'm going to get into the post-game lobby and start berating them for being bad at a video game.

i do like the pdw but not 95% of the time. I kinda use the skopo and mp7 a lot now. When i was first learning the maps and it was a new game yeah i used the pdw a lot. why not? I guess im too main stream. need to be more hipster
#33ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:01:01 PM
AU_Mister187 posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
AU_Mister187 posted...
Lerp85 posted...

THIS^

i do like the pdw but not 95% of the time. I kinda use the skopo and mp7 a lot now. When i was first learning the maps and it was a new game yeah i used the pdw a lot. why not? I guess im too main stream. need to be more hipster

So anyone who doesn't use the best guns every game is a hipster...? It's not like I choose to not use those guns because I want to be different. I just have learned that I have more fun when I branch out and give myself a challenge. It's not like I consider myself above anyone who uses those guns all the time. Although I do think someone who can hold a high K/D with a wide variety of weapons is better than someone who can hold that same K/D with only 2 or 3 great weapons that they always use.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#34DarkPizzelPosted 1/31/2013 1:25:35 PM
U cant win in the game and on these boards. No matter what u will get called some name

Tryhard
Noob
Hardscoper
Quickscoping expletive

I will say i have less respect for someone who only uses the best 2-3 guns. Me and my friends have a new way of playing. Try less mode. We still do well but use all kinds of weird weapons etc. Much more fun and less frustrating.

Only lame thing is running into the smg tryhards who have 1 million pdw kills and 100 with any other weapons and its just obvious they think they are great. League play is there for the tryhards. Maybe they should try hard there.
---
Q9300@2.8 ghz , Msi 750i P7N, 4gb gskill
MSI gtx 560 Ti Twin Frozer Win 7 64 bit
#35ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:28:45 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
The average quickscoper

PhysiKuL

not helping your case. :P

I think we should all start making fun of it until it changes.
cc @supercoolisaac @gunho7

wait I can't @ people on gamefaqs. Damnit.

Low blow! Not to mention my GFAQs username, which is probably even more douchey XD
---
#36zxrax_alt_1Posted 1/31/2013 8:50:14 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
The average quickscoper

PhysiKuL

not helping your case. :P

I think we should all start making fun of it until it changes.
cc @supercoolisaac @gunho7

wait I can't @ people on gamefaqs. Damnit.

Low blow! Not to mention my GFAQs username, which is probably even more douchey XD

:) we love you anyways.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K@4.7GHz || GTX680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || Maximus V Extreme || 250GB SSD || 2TB HDD || H100i (CPU) + H55 (GPU)