People with KDR above 2.0, how did YOU get it.

#1Hitman_67Posted 1/31/2013 1:10:50 AM
Just curious, and i know you won't be fully honest.
But i want to see what stories or truths even behind the 2.50, 3.40 whatever KDR stats.

After playing with a guy, who had a KDR of 2.50+ and bragged about how "awesome" he was. I noticed he just camped the stairs with a shotgun on hijacked and spawnkill the others while in FFA. Learning how he played and killing him many times after made Mr "Awesome" ragequit, with an excuse of course.

I notice a lot of you often brag about Youtube channels, being Pro, and your high KDR. So just tell me your story of how you got this high stat.

Did you ever reset stats?
Boost maybe?
Perhaps camped an objective game?
Maybe you're just good (I expect to see a lot of this)

go ahead, be honest. Or hell, lie even. I just want to see what you come up with. Shockingly tells a lot about a player.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#2ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/31/2013 1:12:46 AM
Easy.

I Dashboard....

/trollin.

I could have a good KD. I prefer to just rush into spawns to upset people though. Nothing like picking up a quad off a spawn. Might have died 5 times in the process. But that RAGE tastes so good.
#3AndaristPosted 1/31/2013 1:14:07 AM
They dash or party with other competent players.

that's really it.
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#4__redxiii__Posted 1/31/2013 1:17:38 AM
Decision making mainly. Being aware of spawn points and how they flip flop will save you a lot of deaths from being shot in the back. Trophy systems are a life saver for objective players. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your gun, i.e don't be caught in the open with a shotty and cry about some guy in a window shooting you with an AR/lmg. Using things like EMP nades as "echo locaters" I know that was a lame analogy but yeah, sometimes I throw them in the direction I'm running (i have scavenger) and if I get a hit I know I'm in for a fight. Many people will say, "dictate the gunfight", basically you choose when and where to engage someone to the advantage of your weapon. Alleys for shotguns for example. Decision making is mainly the key thing. For example I ONLY shoot if I know I'm going to kill the person. If you play with randoms... bait them. lol that's all.
#5Aether_LyricPosted 1/31/2013 1:19:50 AM
There are no tricks, all you have to do is get experienced with the game

Anyone that's played regularly since CoD4 should be able to get a 2 K/D with their eyes closed
#6ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/31/2013 1:20:12 AM
Just good at the game. Been playing video games since I was a kid, and have been playing CoD since CoD2. CoD is pretty easy compared to some other video games out there.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#7ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/31/2013 1:21:54 AM
Andarist posted...

that's really it.

I can only hope you're not serious >_>
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#8supercoolisaacPosted 1/31/2013 1:26:13 AM(edited)
3.55 now after reset, but I'm 4th prestige so it's not like I just recently reset. Was 2.5ish before reset but I had diamonded shotguns and snipers and didn't learn the maps or how to take advantage of the pick 10 system for a long time. And I played drunk quite a bit lol. Also had over 500 kills with every primary.

Since reset I don't even play for k/d but more so for spm. Mines over 800 :3 and almost every single one of my kills are gun kills because I only run non lethal streaks. And I stil play drunk occasionally, dropped from a 3.8 to 3.5 in one night about a week ago lol. Pretty sure if I never drank and played I could keep a 4 k/d and 850ish spm.

Zero camping. No boosting. I've never dashboarded. Mostly playing in groups of 2-3 in ground war. 3 capping every chance I get haha. Also, I don't back out of lobbies and I hate losing. I'm extremely competitive.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#9AndaristPosted 1/31/2013 1:25:02 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Andarist posted...

that's really it.

I can only hope you're not serious >_>

I am. I'm good at games. legit 50s in every H3 playlist, blah blah blah.

My k/d is 1.94 in Black Ops 2. I only play with IRLs. I can only assume the 3.0 people are dashing, playing with other good players, or just trying waaaay too hard.

but hey, I've been wrong before.
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#10BOSS52Posted 1/31/2013 1:43:28 AM(edited)
Primary gun fighter

MK-48

Target Finder (holler at me)
Stock
FMJ

Flak Jacket
scavenger
Engineer

I use C4, but you'll probably want claymore/betty to watch your back
and emp to chuck at enemy tactical/equipment for extra points towards KS's

Set up is ez mode as long as you're aware of spawn flips and ADS/strafe peek corners spraying through walls, their walls, your walls, use the diamonds to spot out enemies, duck back behind your cover and kill them through your own wall, thats if you're taking on a sniper at range. Strafe to help line up your shots. Gun absolutely MOWS through everything.

2.30 KD with it, and overall 2.15 KD.