People with KDR above 2.0, how did YOU get it.

#11arghhhhPosted 1/31/2013 2:41:51 AM
I love these topics. Probably the most connection based COD to date and no one mentions it as a factor, ******* Hell, lol.
---
Con=2, Skill=0, Bad=1
#12ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/31/2013 2:48:18 AM(edited)
Andarist posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Andarist posted...
They dash or party with other competent players.

that's really it.

I can only hope you're not serious >_>

I am. I'm good at games. legit 50s in every H3 playlist, blah blah blah.

My k/d is 1.94 in Black Ops 2. I only play with IRLs. I can only assume the 3.0 people are dashing, playing with other good players, or just trying waaaay too hard.

but hey, I've been wrong before.

I don't how you can be 50s in every H3 playlist and not have a 2 K/D in CoD. Only playlist I could get a 50 in was Team Doubles and Team Slayer. Halo is so much harder IMO...takes way more practice to get good at.

How long have you been playing CoD? Like which CoD did you first start playing?

edit: By the way, yeah, 3.0+ players most likely party up with at least a few people most of the time. But 2.0? Nah, you can get a 2 K/D pretty easily, regardless of whether you're playing solo or trying hard. Hell, I can usually hold around a 2 K/D running around quickscoping.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#13__redxiii__Posted 1/31/2013 2:46:39 AM
arghhhh posted...
I love these topics. Probably the most connection based COD to date and no one mentions it as a factor, ******* Hell, lol.

Once you mention the lag you get ridiculed and a hefty dose of "get good"
#14ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/31/2013 2:51:50 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
arghhhh posted...

It's not that I don't thing connection is a factor. I just think anyone who claims they can't hold a 2 K/D solely because of their connection is full of **** and making excuses. I've played on ****ty connections and I've played on great connections...my stats have never fluctuated that much.

Put it this way: I HIGHLY doubt if you have to try hard to get a 1.5 K/D on your current connection, you won't be able hold a 2 K/D playing the same way on a different connection.

This is of course assuming you at least have a 3 bar. Obviously if you're playing on a host from across the world and are on a 1 or 2 bar your playing experience will be vastly different.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#15BrostachePosted 1/31/2013 2:55:00 AM
The high KD guys i play with always cherry pick game lobbies... and if they are doing remotely bad... quit instantly.

so i stopped playing with them, its infuriating.
#16AndaristPosted 1/31/2013 2:58:05 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Andarist posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Andarist posted...
They dash or party with other competent players.

that's really it.

I can only hope you're not serious >_>

I am. I'm good at games. legit 50s in every H3 playlist, blah blah blah.

My k/d is 1.94 in Black Ops 2. I only play with IRLs. I can only assume the 3.0 people are dashing, playing with other good players, or just trying waaaay too hard.

but hey, I've been wrong before.

I don't how you can be 50s in every H3 playlist and not have a 2 K/D in CoD. Only playlist I could get a 50 in was Team Doubles and Team Slayer. Halo is so much harder IMO...takes way more practice to get good at.

How long have you been playing CoD? Like which CoD did you first start playing?

I played the original CoD on PC, had MW1 on the PC, played WaW, MW2, and Black Ops a little (H3 was still more important to me during this time), then I skipped MW3 altogether.

I don't find CoD hard...at all...but every lobby I enter is full of people with K/Ds of 2.5+. I play exclusively with coworkers/my fiance. I don't play with my similarly skilled online friends anymore.

but yeah..Halo is harder, and my Halo to CoD time played is probably like 90/10.
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#17Cornbread4lifePosted 1/31/2013 3:03:38 AM
I'm guessing resetting the stats. I started off this game like I did BLOPS 1 - terribly. Then something starts to click and you get better. My K/D in Blops 1 I think actually was exactly a 2 by the time I stopped playing, but I started at like a .4 (it was my first COD), then got to a 1.2 quickly and stagnated for a while. Then something just clicked, and if I had a game where my K/D was below 3 then something must've went wrong (most weeks in the HCTD weekly leaderboards I'd be top 10, and monthly if I was below top 30 it was rare, but that was as of probably mid to late 2011 where I'm sure a lot of people had already left the game).

I'm a pure run and gunner, and never sit still except in this game to reload because the spawns are just ridiculous. In this game, I started out at a .8 and was like wtf. But then, something clicked and I started killing it and got it up to a 1.2 in no time. Then I started going for diamond ARs, and even using guns I absolutely despised with no perks, attachments or killstreaks (they distract from getting head shots) it went up to a 1.3. I'm guessing if I reset my stats now and actually used classes I enjoy, I'd be getting up to a 2 and beyond. I just never had the reset option in Blops 1.

It's probably just a matter of getting used to the maps and the much faster/crappier spawns. Once you finally figure out where everyone's going to be coming from all the time, it gets predictable and easy.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time. You've been warned.
#18imCheatingdudePosted 1/31/2013 4:56:03 AM
Shock and awe. Gotta play so fast that the enemy don't know what to do. I've done that since CoD4.
---
www.promboards.com : For PotDers, by PotDers!
Call me Chet! Photographer.Musician.Writer.Gamer
#19arghhhhPosted 1/31/2013 5:01:26 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
arghhhh posted...

It's not that I don't thing connection is a factor. I just think anyone who claims they can't hold a 2 K/D solely because of their connection is full of **** and making excuses. I've played on ****ty connections and I've played on great connections...my stats have never fluctuated that much.

Put it this way: I HIGHLY doubt if you have to try hard to get a 1.5 K/D on your current connection, you won't be able hold a 2 K/D playing the same way on a different connection.

This is of course assuming you at least have a 3 bar. Obviously if you're playing on a host from across the world and are on a 1 or 2 bar your playing experience will be vastly different.

Bad players on a good connection will still be bad...they may get the jump on a 'good' player occasionally but they will still be bad, I'm not debating that. But a competent player with a good in game connection will have a better KD than if he were playing on a bad connection.

I honestly don't understand how people can't see it, I keep saying - just watch most, if not all, gameplay videos posted here...the player nearly always has a near perfect connection, they rush around 'insta' killing and at times take an insane amount of damage. Put them on a poor connection and they wouldn't be able to rush like that.

I can go into a game, go round killing fine then they'll be a particular player who seems to soak up your bullets and kill you instantly...check the scoreboard and 'surprise surprise' that players at the top...it happens all the time.
If I have a friend over playing COD we mess around trying to predict whos at the top of the enemy team just by our connection to the other players, 99% of the time we're right.

I'm not saying there aren't good players, what I am saying is connection matters a lot in this game, more than people would like to admit because they think it takes away from what they consider to be 'all skill'.
---
Con=2, Skill=0, Bad=1
#20sgr8Posted 1/31/2013 5:06:56 AM
i got to kd of 2+ by camping. running and gunning i did pretty bad.