People with KDR above 2.0, how did YOU get it.

#31ValeriumPosted 1/31/2013 8:18:18 AM
There is no secret story to tell, you're either good or you're not. 2.0 isnt even that hard to get, I am curious how people with 80k kills can maintain a 5 k/d ratio, that seems rather impossible.
#32Juzten76Posted 1/31/2013 8:23:13 AM
It's kinda like the "pick 10" system only it's more like pick 3.

Map Awareness
Camping
Skill
Good Connection
Patience
Dashboard
Party with other Competent Players

If you can have or do 3 of those things you will be well on your way to a 2.0 or higher KDR.
#33Shura_SurplicePosted 1/31/2013 8:26:31 AM
You can get over 2 and rush

You need to win most 1 on 1
Stay inside a building when there is a killstreak from the other team
Learn to dropshot, it works on most people or when you are face to face against 2 or 3 guys ,but don't do it everytime you need to learn when to use it.
Sometimes I "camp" when there is a UAV and I see that the enemy is coming my way then I continue to rush
Play TDM, KC or DOM
Use Ghost, Toughness, Scavenger and Engineer, a pistol as secondary in case you need to switch.
Don't run in to the open areas
Try to flank he enemy
Put on some good KS, I use airstrike, chopper and Loadstar
Use a supressor and fast reload or ext mags
Since the spawns are bad I use a betty and put it somewhere I am not going so I know if there is someone coming from there
#34matrix0523Posted 1/31/2013 8:28:05 AM
There is no secret story to tell, you're either good or you're not. 2.0 isnt even that hard to get,

Seriously. I've only been playing since MW2 and I've been maintaining a 2 since BO1. I don't get how some people have been playing since CoD4 and they still can't maintain at least a 2. It's honestly not hard.

I don't really have a secret, I just move around a lot.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#35XShadowStrike99Posted 1/31/2013 8:28:08 AM
I play the Bonus Nuketown moshpit and pray that I get competent players on my team.

Plus, I've been playing the games since CoD3, so its easy to predict enemies and whatnot.
#36VelociswaggerPosted 1/31/2013 8:32:41 AM
Andarist posted...
They dash or party with other competent players.

that's really it.

I've dashboarded maybe 4 times in this game. I almost always play alone, and I have a 4.65 KD. Honestly? I run around with the SWAT and play smart. If you see a Teammate died, chances are an enemies close so ADS and wait for him. If you see everyone on your team on the opposite side of the minimap, chances are an enemie's near by. Learn to dropshot, it's not hard and it wins 80% of gun fights.
---
Operator rH
#37Juzten76Posted 1/31/2013 8:32:57 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
You can get over 2 and rush

You need to win most 1 on 1
Stay inside a building when there is a killstreak from the other team
Learn to dropshot, it works on most people or when you are face to face against 2 or 3 guys ,but don't do it everytime you need to learn when to use it.
Sometimes I "camp" when there is a UAV and I see that the enemy is coming my way then I continue to rush
Play TDM, KC or DOM
Use Ghost, Toughness, Scavenger and Engineer, a pistol as secondary in case you need to switch.
Don't run in to the open areas
Try to flank he enemy
Put on some good KS, I use airstrike, chopper and Loadstar
Use a supressor and fast reload or ext mags
Since the spawns are bad I use a betty and put it somewhere I am not going so I know if there is someone coming from there

Good advice here. Quoted for emphasis.
#38emericaPosted 1/31/2013 9:20:03 AM
I'm right at 2.0. I run and gun with ghost and dexterity a lot. I play KC with a 530+ spam. I attribute my KD to situational awareness more than anything because my accuracy is actually really bad around 16% with smgs. I run support streaks and get all gun kills. I always avoid sightlines and high traffic areas.
---
:)
#39matrix0523Posted 1/31/2013 9:21:43 AM
Andarist posted...
They dash or party with other competent players.

Learn to dropshot

Maybe in every other Call of Duty. Not this one.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#40AaronHutchPosted 1/31/2013 9:22:50 AM
play with a party of competent players, even just ONE good friend will b oost your K/D W/L above 90% of the community
---
W@W was awesome for gun diversity. You saw the MP40, the MP40, and the MP40. - Gritzblitz56