True Life: I was a corner camper on MW2

#11ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:33:16 AM
Really? TAR-21 one of the best? I just went with it because 'a really good guy' kept killing me with it lmao. I tried the F2000 out for a bit as well. It was pretty decent...

Haha, paragraphs.... I didn't had any classes with OMA and DC. I had a 'wasteland' class though. DC, Scavenger + noob tube, thumper secondary. Good times in that bunker, good times.... I also perfected a Semtex throw over the bushes to land near where they camped on any side.

I had 2-3 camp spots on every map. I was a camping machine...

I'm trying to perfect my rushing game now. It's all hit or miss due to connections in this game though...

In MW2 I have EVERYTHING unlocked too. I'm 2nd prestige level 70 (whatever the highest level is). Went into a game. We all got sucked to the middle of High Rise. HUGE EXPLOSION! We all flew really high up, I saw an 'unlocking 10/100, 20/100' thing pop up. Couldn't get a kill so I left. Apparently it was a hacked lobby and I unlocked everything, camos, attachments, titles and calling cards, everything.... =\. Damn straight I kept it too haha.

I LOVED the attachment unlock system though. You'd have to be a certain level and 'get 30 kills while using the ACOG sight' or whatever to unlock the next attachment. That added something BIG to the game. It forced you to use things you normally wouldn't. I loved it.
#12__redxiii__Posted 1/31/2013 3:45:24 AM
@yahoo, saw your post in the other topic. You play Kings?
#13ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:20:31 PM
bump maybe? why not.
#14Ryan2588Posted 1/31/2013 3:23:22 PM
My only 2 arguments for campers are...1. How is it any fun moving 5-10ft in a whole match? 2. Why spend $60+ on a game just to never move or really do anything? Doesn't really make sense to me..But to each their own I suppose.
---
XBLGT-Blaze2588
#15forgotten0285Posted 1/31/2013 3:26:40 PM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Truth. I corner camped in MW2. HARD. Abusing claymores with scavenger, AA-12, whatever! It was my first COD. I was an EXCELLENT camper. I only played TDM. It took me a WHILE to bring my KD up to a 1.00. Once I figured the game out more, I'd camp your team and go 20-1 like it was nothing. I only ever used the TAR, probably for the first 10k or so kills. I was the guy who would be in 1 corner, kill you, then stare at that corner from another one.

That was my home, thats what I was good at. I didn't play anything but TDM.

Then along came a Friend who had the game. He played Domination and Headquarters... What's that? I got no clue! I learned to slowly run and gun, and camp the hell out of objectives. I started to get good at it. Started to play Domination regularly Solo. I messed with SMGs and used the UMP. I wasn't on forums and didn't have a mic to know it was OP. I had the worst class set ups as well.

Black Ops 1 came along and got my attention for a solid week, if that. All that game gave me was problems. All the lag and crap from BO2 is nothing compared to how it played for me in BO1. Terrible game for me.

I continued to play MW2 and continued to camp all day er'ryday. I'd set up camp anywhere and roast you over marshmallows. Rarely would I venture into the wild to get a kill.

MW3 then came along, a few friends got it and we partied up when our schedules let us. This is where I learned to run and gun much more efficiently. Always on the move, flanking them at whatever flag. This is also where I discovered the Tactical Insertion. The spawns were bad, I wanted to fix them. I ended up fixing my own... 95% of my gameplay involves that piece of equipment. I'm going to flank you, try to take your flag, if not, guess whos respawning in your face?

In MW3 I learned to run and gun quite effectively. It was great. I was able to get a few MOABs running and gunning. My record is 3 minutes 6 seconds on Lockdown 6v6 Domination with an MP7. All rushing. I'd always be that 'idiot' who flipped spawns and triple capped. Except on interchange and Mission. I wouldn't take A on either map. On Mission, B was my home with my TI. You couldn't take it...

MW3 also showed me the OP weapons like the ACR and MP7. I tried to get every weapon gold before BO2, I stopped with 2 LMGs and the L118A ungolded. First game I ever used a sniper in was MW3. I can't snipe, I'll do damage rushing with a gold ACOG RSASS though. I mastered the 'underpowered' weapons. All of them. PM-9, AA-12, Dragunov, etc. It made picking up the 'easy' weapons THAT much easier to use... If I could destroy you with a PM-9 no problem, imagine what Id do with an MP7.

Now, in BO2, I'm still rushing. It's harder to triple cap because of the bad spawns. It's always just a fight over B, then a Campoff. That's not fun anymore. I don't want to go back to that life. At any moment, I could just snap and camp again. Especially since Scavenger lets me abuse equipment... I'm trying my hardest not to go back. These maps keep giving me the itch... I feel I can more than hold my own rushing around with a try hard class. I have too much fun with other classes though.

Don't make me camp, I'm too good at it. It's where I started, it's home.

Holy **** did you really think I was going to read all that?

TL;DR: TC is a camper, has a lot of feelings.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#16ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:40:40 PM
forgotten0285 posted...
Truth. I corner camped in MW2. HARD. Abusing claymores with scavenger, AA-12, whatever! It was my first COD. I was an EXCELLENT camper. I only played TDM. It took me a WHILE to bring my KD up to a 1.00. Once I figured the game out more, I'd camp your team and go 20-1 like it was nothing. I only ever used the TAR, probably for the first 10k or so kills. I was the guy who would be in 1 corner, kill you, then stare at that corner from another one.

That was my home, thats what I was good at. I didn't play anything but TDM.

Then along came a Friend who had the game. He played Domination and Headquarters... What's that? I got no clue! I learned to slowly run and gun, and camp the hell out of objectives. I started to get good at it. Started to play Domination regularly Solo. I messed with SMGs and used the UMP. I wasn't on forums and didn't have a mic to know it was OP. I had the worst class set ups as well.

Black Ops 1 came along and got my attention for a solid week, if that. All that game gave me was problems. All the lag and crap from BO2 is nothing compared to how it played for me in BO1. Terrible game for me.

I continued to play MW2 and continued to camp all day er'ryday. I'd set up camp anywhere and roast you over marshmallows. Rarely would I venture into the wild to get a kill.

MW3 then came along, a few friends got it and we partied up when our schedules let us. This is where I learned to run and gun much more efficiently. Always on the move, flanking them at whatever flag. This is also where I discovered the Tactical Insertion. The spawns were bad, I wanted to fix them. I ended up fixing my own... 95% of my gameplay involves that piece of equipment. I'm going to flank you, try to take your flag, if not, guess whos respawning in your face?

In MW3 I learned to run and gun quite effectively. It was great. I was able to get a few MOABs running and gunning. My record is 3 minutes 6 seconds on Lockdown 6v6 Domination with an MP7. All rushing. I'd always be that 'idiot' who flipped spawns and triple capped. Except on interchange and Mission. I wouldn't take A on either map. On Mission, B was my home with my TI. You couldn't take it...

MW3 also showed me the OP weapons like the ACR and MP7. I tried to get every weapon gold before BO2, I stopped with 2 LMGs and the L118A ungolded. First game I ever used a sniper in was MW3. I can't snipe, I'll do damage rushing with a gold ACOG RSASS though. I mastered the 'underpowered' weapons. All of them. PM-9, AA-12, Dragunov, etc. It made picking up the 'easy' weapons THAT much easier to use... If I could destroy you with a PM-9 no problem, imagine what Id do with an MP7.

Now, in BO2, I'm still rushing. It's harder to triple cap because of the bad spawns. It's always just a fight over B, then a Campoff. That's not fun anymore. I don't want to go back to that life. At any moment, I could just snap and camp again. Especially since Scavenger lets me abuse equipment... I'm trying my hardest not to go back. These maps keep giving me the itch... I feel I can more than hold my own rushing around with a try hard class. I have too much fun with other classes though.

Don't make me camp, I'm too good at it. It's where I started, it's home.

Holy **** did you really think I was going to read all that?

TL;DR: TC is a camper, has a lot of feelings.

Used to be. I don't camp anymore. I make fun of it... IDK why I played like that haha. I just wanted a good score, and I got it way after release so I didn't know maps and always got shot in the back if I walked around. So I camped near my spawn lmao.
#17ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:49:05 AM
I wanna keep this topic alive!!!!

AMA about the game!
#18Weiland101Posted 2/5/2013 1:56:34 AM
I was kind of the same as you TC I admit. In COD4 and MW2 I played FFA only and in MW2 I really abused the claymore/Scavanger thing. I never corner camped though, but I would find an area of a map, put a claymore at each end and patrol that area and kill anyone who manage to make it through my claymores (I would just replenish the claymore from any dead body)

I was glad they got rid of the Scavenger/Claynore thing though. I started playing TDM towards the end of MW2 and now play it and KC exclusively. And now I run around more than 95% of players that play this game. This isn't a good thing because I die more than I should but I do OK and it's fun.

Moral of the story: Campers can change man, campers can change.
#19ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:05:05 AM
Weiland101 posted...
I was kind of the same as you TC I admit. In COD4 and MW2 I played FFA only and in MW2 I really abused the claymore/Scavanger thing. I never corner camped though, but I would find an area of a map, put a claymore at each end and patrol that area and kill anyone who manage to make it through my claymores (I would just replenish the claymore from any dead body)

I was glad they got rid of the Scavenger/Claynore thing though. I started playing TDM towards the end of MW2 and now play it and KC exclusively. And now I run around more than 95% of players that play this game. This isn't a good thing because I die more than I should but I do OK and it's fun.

I started off as that Corner Camper, then progressed into the type of camper you're describing as my time went on haha...

It was really bad getting the game months after everyone else. Run, die, repeat.... So I camped room to room until I got a hang of it. Then camped areas... Then turned into a rusher/objective whore...

I've ALWAYS been the air support takedown guy though... Not really UAVs and CUAVs though in this game. I'd rather use the point on something else and have a Launcher specific class.
#20Weiland101Posted 2/5/2013 2:32:43 AM
Weiland101 posted...

I started off as that Corner Camper, then progressed into the type of camper you're describing as my time went on haha...

It was really bad getting the game months after everyone else. Run, die, repeat.... So I camped room to room until I got a hang of it. Then camped areas... Then turned into a rusher/objective whore...

I've ALWAYS been the air support takedown guy though... Not really UAVs and CUAVs though in this game. I'd rather use the point on something else and have a Launcher specific class.

In MW2 I was an air support takedown expert. Got a legit Stinger title which took a while to get. I loved doing it in that game because it would flash your name up on the screen for everyone to see when you took something down, which I enjoyed because I know the guy who got his Chopper Gunner would be super p***** off about me taking it down in seconds.

I used to commit suicide back in those days just so I could take down killstreaks. Nowadays I will take them out if I die when they are out. I miss the recognition of everyone knowing you took down someones killstreak so I feel less inspired to do it.