True Life: I was a corner camper on MW2

#21ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:54:16 AM
If nobody else is taking down something that's destroying our team, I'll suicide and respawn with a class to take stuff down...

LMG w/ FMJ
FHJ Launcher

Blind Eye
Cold Blooded
Engineer

2 EMP Grenades
Tactical Insertion

Tactician Wildcard.

Whatever you got it's down!
#22HydraRaptorPosted 2/5/2013 3:39:15 AM
I was actually almost the polar opposite in MW2, but I was TERRIBLE. I literally had two classes that I used and I recklessly forward with both of them, harboring maybe a 0.3 at best. I used a thermal L86 with a Stinger, Sleight of Hand, Cold Blooded, and Commando (I was that guy who would run really slow and knife really often in CQC); and I used the Vector with suppressor and FMJ (because I wanted exteneded mags, but IN A YEAR, never got 40 wallbangs), TMP with suppressor and FMJ, Bling, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim. I would be the kind of player who'd run up to the warehouse on Quarry and the house on Estate and repeatedly throw myself at campers inside, all the while smiling and loving the game. It took me the full year to prestige once, and I didn't do it because Black Ops had come out and I didn't touch MW2 again after that until recently.

Luckily, during my Black Ops days, I discovered a setup that allowed me to rush forward like an idiot and still do well: Ghost, Sleight of Hand, Ninja, Famas with suppressor. I became an ultra-super tryhard and even started using an old pair of SkullCandy headphones for sound-whoring. I learned the ins and outs of playing the maps, learned appropriate rushing lanes and headglitches, learned when to push and when to camp; I figured it all out, and ended up a 15th prestige by the time MW3 came out. Now, I'm so plagued by Black Ops 2's camera problems and connection issues (how can I be at 100 ping and still be considered a 4-bar, Treyarch?), that I've been playing more MW2, and rushing and using new weapons, and have been enjoying myself SO much more than I have for years.
---
Soon to be hosting Critical Hit game and movie reviews via YouTube.
#23ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:56:36 AM
HydraRaptor posted...
I was actually almost the polar opposite in MW2, but I was TERRIBLE. I literally had two classes that I used and I recklessly forward with both of them, harboring maybe a 0.3 at best. I used a thermal L86 with a Stinger, Sleight of Hand, Cold Blooded, and Commando (I was that guy who would run really slow and knife really often in CQC); and I used the Vector with suppressor and FMJ (because I wanted exteneded mags, but IN A YEAR, never got 40 wallbangs), TMP with suppressor and FMJ, Bling, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim. I would be the kind of player who'd run up to the warehouse on Quarry and the house on Estate and repeatedly throw myself at campers inside, all the while smiling and loving the game. It took me the full year to prestige once, and I didn't do it because Black Ops had come out and I didn't touch MW2 again after that until recently.

Luckily, during my Black Ops days, I discovered a setup that allowed me to rush forward like an idiot and still do well: Ghost, Sleight of Hand, Ninja, Famas with suppressor. I became an ultra-super tryhard and even started using an old pair of SkullCandy headphones for sound-whoring. I learned the ins and outs of playing the maps, learned appropriate rushing lanes and headglitches, learned when to push and when to camp; I figured it all out, and ended up a 15th prestige by the time MW3 came out. Now, I'm so plagued by Black Ops 2's camera problems and connection issues (how can I be at 100 ping and still be considered a 4-bar, Treyarch?), that I've been playing more MW2, and rushing and using new weapons, and have been enjoying myself SO much more than I have for years.

Haha, good to hear you have improved!

It was until MW3 came out that I found out Assassin or whatever other perk would keep you off the radar... Right at the same time I found out a Silencer did the same... NOOB!!!!

I progressed a bit further in BO for the short time that I played it... Then in MW3 I just became an objective whore and rusher... Didn't matter we had 2 flags. I want that 3rd....

I only Prestiged in BO1 to get the token for MW3. I was level 49 or something in BO1 when MW3 came out.... My best game was a 30-2 with 7 captures and 2 defends on Hanoi in BO1... I just didn't ilke it, felt the colors were too drab and everything blended in together (I'm not color blind, just it's hard to see crap sometimes). Plus BO1 and my connection at the time hated each other.
#24HydraRaptorPosted 2/5/2013 4:09:32 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...

My best game in BO1 was actually a 92-5 on Nuketown Domination, with 2 captures and 18 defends. I rushed to B as soon as the game started, got a triple semtex on the flag, and spawn killed the enemy with chopper gunner and dogs for about 7 solid minutes. See, since I used to play Battlefield back in the day (I'm talking BF2 and Vietnam, none of this console crap with 24 players), I was more concerned with holding objectives than I was taking them, as I preferred being on the defending team in Conquest Assault games. Much more fun than attacking, and if you lose all your flags, you can't spawn. So, I've always tried to be a defender in FPS games, and that rings true in CoD, since holding two flags is a guaranteed win, and spawn trapping is easy once the enemy is stuck on their home flag.
---
Soon to be hosting Critical Hit game and movie reviews via YouTube.
#25Who_ate_the_piePosted 2/5/2013 4:12:44 AM
MW2 was the most fun I had in CoD. Too bad so many people played like dbags. Ended up having to fight fire with fire.
---
I don't care.
#26ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:20:39 AM
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
MW2 was the most fun I had in CoD. Too bad so many people played like dbags. Ended up having to fight fire with fire.

It was my first online FPS. I mean, I had Counter-Strike back in the dial-up days, but I think that had pre-set classes didn't it? IDK. I was that much of a damn noob playing it...

MW2 sculpted me into who I am today in FPSs. I'm getting much better at rushing and such now, but damn can I camp like a pro... I bring camping to such a high level, worm ain't got nothin on me!

If I had a capture card, I would've uploaded some of me 30-0 FFA gameplays of my NEVER leaving my camping room. I ran all the nooby perks since I didn't really venture into trying other ones much at all too.
#27ReTouchablePosted 2/5/2013 4:35:19 AM
In MW2 I ran around with my MP5K (most beautiful gun in a COD game IMO) killing stuff with Cold Blooded on. It's a shame I didn't get Fall camo for it :(