Can you run-and-gun with these two weapons: FAL and SWAT

#1KawaiiUPosted 1/31/2013 11:19:19 AM
Can you run-and-gun with the FAL+select fire or the SWAT effectively or is it not a good idea? I heard the SWAT can kill things with a burst in close range and the FAL can 2-shot kill in close range as well.
#2fkdfellerPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:35 AM
FAL is dirty full auto, yes you can run and gun with it.

Honestly seems more effective then other AR's considering the high damage and low ammo output
---
rusrs?
#3GreatKiraLordPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:46 AM
Not a good idea to run-and-gun with either of them.
Sure you can drop someone with 2 bullets with the FAL and a burst with the SWAT in close quarters but you need to understand that they aren't good for hipfiring and things like the SMGs and the shotguns...well...they are good for hip firing and such. The FAL has terrible hipfire spread so to be good in close quarters you would have to use the laser but that's one attachment that I really would not bother. As for the SWAT, if you don't put all 3 bullets into an enemy in close quarters, you're dead.
#4ICantNameGudPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:54 AM
They lowered the burst time on the SWAT so maybe, you'd have to be a little more defensive than if you had an SMG. The FAL is a good rushing gun but I advise using a laser sight too.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#5supercoolisaacPosted 1/31/2013 11:22:36 AM
i do with the swat sometimes. Starting to hate the FAL and i haven't used it on a class since the second week the game came out...
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#6darkshadowmasterPosted 1/31/2013 11:23:13 AM
I run & gun with both of them (haven't with the SWAT until after this current patch though) and don't use SF on either. Yea, it's quite do-able provided you are aware of your surroundings and don't just run around oblivious to everything.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#7wehomiesPosted 1/31/2013 11:25:00 AM
Compared to the SMGs and the shotguns, neither are that good for rushing.
You can play offensively with them, esp the full-auto FAL but you really don't want o go balls deep with either of the two guns. YOu could make the full-auto FAL a beastly cqc weapon if you put on the laser but with the select fire, you're already usig up two slots. And people like using the silencer, stock, target finder (**** you if you do), etc on this gun and you can only put 3 at most.

supercoolisaac posted...
i do with the swat sometimes. Starting to hate the FAL and i haven't used it on a class since the second week the game came out...

Lol, why do you hate the FAL?
#8supercoolisaacPosted 1/31/2013 11:27:36 AM
wehomies posted...
You can play offensively with them, esp the full-auto FAL but you really don't want o go balls deep with either of the two guns. YOu could make the full-auto FAL a beastly cqc weapon if you put on the laser but with the select fire, you're already usig up two slots. And people like using the silencer, stock, target finder (**** you if you do), etc on this gun and you can only put 3 at most.

supercoolisaac posted...

I suck with it somehow.

Before I reset my stats it was one of my highest k/d guns at 2.75 and i got all those kills (about a thousand) in the first week that the game came out lol. Now I hate the gun. I can't use it worth crap. Much prefer the Swat or even the smr...lol.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#9GreatKiraLordPosted 1/31/2013 11:35:41 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
wehomies posted...

supercoolisaac posted...

I suck with it somehow.

Before I reset my stats it was one of my highest k/d guns at 2.75 and i got all those kills (about a thousand) in the first week that the game came out lol. Now I hate the gun. I can't use it worth crap. Much prefer the Swat or even the smr...lol.

That makes no sense lol.
I do well with the SMR, FAL but never with the SWAT.
But I do well with the M8A1 burst so I have no idea why eithe rlol.
#1098imprezaPosted 1/31/2013 11:57:49 AM
KawaiiU posted...
Can you run-and-gun with the FAL+select fire or the SWAT effectively or is it not a good idea? I heard the SWAT can kill things with a burst in close range and the FAL can 2-shot kill in close range as well.

In my opinion, the SWAT is the best gun in the game with select fire. I run SF/Silencer/Laser and keep up with SMG's close range full auto, while still dominating long range with burst. If you are aware of where you plan on going, switching from full auto to burst isn't a problem. If I run into a building... full auto. If I run into a long open area... burst.