Why the Peacekeeper hate?

#11ICantNameGudPosted 1/31/2013 2:50:58 PM
Blizzard09 posted...
Because its hella good. People that hate it are the people that like those ZERO recoil, high rate of fire and high damage SMG's.

You can tell a bad when he has mostly all SMG kills.

I have one SMG in my top five weapons, I also have the DSR, S12 and M27 in those five. I think the Peacekeeper is a bad gun and outperformed by the other 15 it is supposed to be equivalent to.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#12GreatKiraLordPosted 1/31/2013 2:52:44 PM
I don't hate it.
It's just like the M27 version of the SMGs.
Jack-of-all-trades type of gun that doesn't necessarily excel at all but lacks in all.
It's not like the M16a3 of BF3.
#13chessmyantidrugPosted 1/31/2013 2:53:44 PM
It has the same rate of fire as the MSMC and PDW-57, but a similar damage profile as the MP7 and Vector K10. It's garbage. For having a lower rate of fire, it should at least be capable of killing in three shots. And no headshot multiplier? Thanks, Trollarch.
#14igashijinPosted 1/31/2013 3:33:46 PM(edited)
Personally, I love it.

My first impression was "meh."
The irons seemed befitting of an assault rifle, but didn't translate well to sub-machinegun for me. The gun was very weak, and I had a lot of trouble putting people down with it.

Then I started playing a little more defensively, equipping optics as I unlocked them.

Wow; I love this gun now.

Some things I've noticed:

-Awesome with an ED-TECH or a target finder
-This gun really benefits from a playstyle that is faster in tempo than an AR, but slower than a submachinegun rushing build. Play more or less like you'd play with an assault rifle, but use a setup optimized for mobility and use that mobility to get into advantageous positions.

With the peacekeeper, I find map control very very easily won.
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
#15igashijinPosted 1/31/2013 3:36:19 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
It has the same rate of fire as the MSMC and PDW-57, but a similar damage profile as the MP7 and Vector K10. It's garbage. For having a lower rate of fire, it should at least be capable of killing in three shots. And no headshot multiplier? Thanks, Trollarch.

A single headshot lowers the number of bullets needed to kill by one at very close ranges (tested and confirmed) so there's definitely a headshot multiplier, even if it's small.

This hasn't been tested by me; however, I have noticed that this gun is a headshot machine, and I have noticed that when I deliberately aim for the head, enemies seem to go down much much quicker when using it.
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
#16NejiHyuga900Posted 1/31/2013 9:43:59 PM
From: gdogghenrikson | Posted: 1/31/2013 4:49:21 PM | #010
shadowlucas27 posted...
I really like it. It has the perfect balance between the rate of fire of a sub machine gun, and the accuracy of an assault rifle.

^ I agree

I agree too. David Vonderhaar was right when he said that the Peacekeeper would of been like an Asssault Rifle/SMG-hybrid. This gun kind of reminds me of the ACR with its iron sights.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900