Am i shooting SMGs right?

#1abbeldydooPosted 1/31/2013 9:54:59 PM(edited)
I know this is gonna sound like a stupid question but here goes anyways.When i shoot at enemies with SMGs i usually hold the trigger and move the right stick into the direction of the enemies ind of like spraying a water hose.Probably worth noting i am just starting to use SMGs starting with the Peacekeeper,it is with this gun i am shooting in the style described.

I have up until now used ARs and .perhaps the method of shooting i described does not work well with the Peacekeeper.

Also,how important is dex to an SMG build?

I appreciate any helpful info given.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2MoegittoPosted 1/31/2013 10:02:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:06:39 PM
Moegitto posted...
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/484/908/a78.gif

So i take it my question was that stupid?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#4MoegittoPosted 1/31/2013 10:11:46 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
Moegitto posted...

Grammar my friend, not a stupid question though. You need to list WHAT SMG's you're using and what your set up is. I can't use the MP7, PDW, or the MSMC worth a dang. But I did so good with the Skorpian Evo I spent an unlock token on it. I use the regular reflex sight and the laser sight.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#5uchihajuan176Posted 1/31/2013 10:12:04 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
Moegitto posted...

No question is stupid only stupid people like the person you quoted.
---
GT: Ayooooooo JJB
MH Tri : JJB HR 150
#6abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:21:19 PM
The only SMG i have tried so far is the Peacekeeper,i have reflex and fast mags as an attachment and have hardline,scavenger and dex as perks with semtex and two shock sticks as one set up.On the other set up i have reflex,silencer attachments Ghost,lightweight,scavenger,ext cond and engineering as perks with no lethals or tacts.

I have yet to try out the stealthy set up and have just been trying to get the timing right with my shots using the first set up.

Perhaps the Peacekeeper is not the greatest SMG to start with but i figured it was time to try something aside from semi/full camping with the FAL and Swat.

This is my first CoD game and was pretty much taught to sit in a corner with an AR but this sucks and i keep getting cut down by SMG users and also those guys look like they are actually having fun.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#7MoegittoPosted 1/31/2013 10:26:26 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
The only SMG i have tried so far is the Peacekeeper,i have reflex and fast mags as an attachment and have hardline,scavenger and dex as perks with semtex and two shock sticks as one set up.On the other set up i have reflex,silencer attachments Ghost,lightweight,scavenger,ext cond and engineering as perks with no lethals or tacts.

I have yet to try out the stealthy set up and have just been trying to get the timing right with my shots using the first set up.

Perhaps the Peacekeeper is not the greatest SMG to start with but i figured it was time to try something aside from semi/full camping with the FAL and Swat.

This is my first CoD game and was pretty much taught to sit in a corner with an AR but this sucks and i keep getting cut down by SMG users and also those guys look like they are actually having fun.

Good perk set up and equipment, but like I was saying that may not be the gun for you. Since this is your first COD I'd avoid using Hardline for now because that perk is mostly for getting the higher streaks. As a SMG user you want to move, so instead of Shock Knives try using one of the tactical grenades like Concussion or EMP. Concussion grenades will SEVERELY slow down the guy and the EMP grenade will not only take out the stuff like Shock Knives and Bouncing Betties, but it will take out an enemies map and electronics like their sight on their weapon. All SMG's benefit from using the Laser Sight, no matter how hated it is.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#8wehomiesPosted 1/31/2013 10:29:26 PM
Moegitto posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
Moegitto posted...

Grammar my friend, not a stupid question though. You need to list WHAT SMG's you're using and what your set up is. I can't use the MP7, PDW, or the MSMC worth a dang. But I did so good with the Skorpian Evo I spent an unlock token on it. I use the regular reflex sight and the laser sight.

Your grammar is quite terrible, sir.
#9abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:32:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion,i am high enough to use the Scorpion so i may try that out instead.

On the subject of aiming.If i am running a movement set up with say the Scorpion do i need to ADS around corners and into buildings or just go full throttle and hip fire if i run into enemies only to ADS when i know i am gonna need to?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#10MoegittoPosted 1/31/2013 10:34:59 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
Thanks for the suggestion,i am high enough to use the Scorpion so i may try that out instead.

On the subject of aiming.If i am running a movement set up with say the Scorpion do i need to ADS around corners and into buildings or just go full throttle and hip fire if i run into enemies only to ADS when i know i am gonna need to?

See, the Laser Sight helps with hip fire. So if you were coming around a corner and someone surprised you, the Laser Sight would help keep your shots centered without aiming. The Skorpian Evo has a fast regular reload and has the fastest firing rate in the class.
---