I really miss flanking to A or C. Not this fight over B, then camping it...

#1ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/31/2013 11:45:58 PM
The map layout is just so bad... How are the new DLC maps with their Domination flags?

MW3 I liked because most of the maps had 'triangular setups' for their flags... Think about it. B too hard to take on Bootleg? Flank to A or C and take that...

Not here. The flags are almost setup in straight lines, with 3 entry points to B... Very little flanking routes, and if you finally manage to make it to A/C, chances are the enemy is spawning with you in their sights....
#2__redxiii__Posted 1/31/2013 11:49:43 PM
I played nothing but DOM in blops1. But this game has hardpoint, mmmm, been wanting a king of the hill gametype in this game. Now DOM feels so slow and boring. Too easy to control their spawn.
#31GATORFANPosted 1/31/2013 11:58:40 PM
The DLC maps actually do pretty well with domination because they made it where the B flag is covered better.

You know how on most of the default maps the B flag is just a wide open area where is pretty much a death sentence? Well now they got them where there is at least a bit of cover to hide behind, I like the maps alot in this DLC and I don't say that often

Except for Grind though its pretty open area for B flag
#4lunaticcorePosted 2/1/2013 12:03:13 AM
New maps in dom
Grind - Camping B doesn't work well, its a pretty bloody area. A and C flip alot during regular game play

Hydro- It's kinda easy to capture B, and it's tempting to move into the spawns and kill so all the flags change a lot it seems

Downhill - Again, they made it easy to capture B and harder to lock it down.

Mirage - A and C are close together and have a nice short bloody path of doom between them. It's still smarter to capture B and hold it, because the spawning system favors it. Players are tempted to try and run back and forth between A and C, and usually get rewarded with lots of kills and deaths doing this.
#5ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:09:18 AM
Not too bad... I'm just tired of the stupidity and camping at B...

Slums? Who the F*** designed that map? It's horrible....
Hijacked? Alright, every game needs a clusterf*** map.

But almost every damn map B is just a headglitch camp spot where....

IDK. They could've laid out the maps much better....
#6GreatTroySenseiPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:26 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Not too bad... I'm just tired of the stupidity and camping at B...

Slums? Who the F*** designed that map? It's horrible....
Hijacked? Alright, every game needs a clusterf*** map.

But almost every damn map B is just a headglitch camp spot where....

IDK. They could've laid out the maps much better....

Slums is a great map for the modes about shooting and not about laying prone near flags.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#71GATORFANPosted 2/1/2013 1:00:18 AM
I love Slums but I don't why

You guys are right about domination on it. Who ever caps B wins 90% time because it has only 3 ways to get to it and if your team just bottlenecks those 3 points it all but over