So does this game really take skill to play or

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. So does this game really take skill to play or

User Info: Carlito424

Carlito424
3 years ago#1
is it whoever has the better gun wins?

User Info: AirRawr_

AirRawr_
3 years ago#2
yea im the best so i have the most skill
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg

User Info: __redxiii__

__redxiii__
3 years ago#3
Same thing with every COD. I can kill people with the most "OP" weps with a pistol because I make better decisions.

Carlito424
3 years ago#4
__redxiii__ posted...
Same thing with every COD. I can kill people with the most "OP" weps with a pistol because I make better decisions.

Well I didn't really know that, the reason I ask is because well 1... I'm interested in picking the game up and 2 I always here a crap loud of comments that say if you have to bigger gun than yours odds of winner are greatly increased.

If this is a game that requires you to get the drop on an enemy(like the surprise commercial) or taking your decisions into mind than I'll pick this up.

User Info: __redxiii__

__redxiii__
3 years ago#5
Confirmed for troll.

User Info: GreatKiraLord

GreatKiraLord
3 years ago#6
no it doesnt
it cod
it's a casual/twitch shooter

User Info: Keldonis

Keldonis
3 years ago#7
It's more about map awareness, and your connection than anything else.

Also guns, since at lower lvls/ no attachments unlocked you're at quite a disadvantage.

I've never really considered COD a "skillful" game, but that's me. Sure, I've seen what appears to be crazy skill by some, or extremely dumb luck. I guess that could qualify as "skill."
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.

User Info: Draxal

Draxal
3 years ago#8
I agree that map awareness plays a key part in being a good player, knowing routes and anticipating spawn changes etc.
July 30th 2013, 10 years on Gamefaqs.

Carlito424
3 years ago#9
Keldonis posted...

Also guns, since at lower lvls/ no attachments unlocked you're at quite a disadvantage.

I've never really considered COD a "skillful" game, but that's me. Sure, I've seen what appears to be crazy skill by some, or extremely dumb luck. I guess that could qualify as "skill."

So it really doesn't balance out if your a low level? I mean I know that halo 4 started stuff like loadouts and ordnance drops(care packages) but it always felt balanced in a way that a lvl 16 person can take of a level 130 person if they know what there doing.

I've seen youtube vids of a girl(no hate for female gamers) plow though lower level people cause she was a higher level and had a better weapon.

User Info: ICantNameGud

ICantNameGud
3 years ago#10
Carlito424 posted...
Keldonis posted...

So it really doesn't balance out if your a low level? I mean I know that halo 4 started stuff like loadouts and ordnance drops(care packages) but it always felt balanced in a way that a lvl 16 person can take of a level 130 person if they know what there doing.

I've seen youtube vids of a girl(no hate for female gamers) plow though lower level people cause she was a higher level and had a better weapon.

No some of the good guns are unlocked 4-22, lower level aren't completely screwed at all. It's more knowing the maps and not being stuck in the open than anything. Attachments or specific guns and perks do play a large roll, but at the same time, you can get killstreaks with just a gun, tacticals and lethal grenades if you play the map right.
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. So does this game really take skill to play or

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived