So does this game really take skill to play or

#1Carlito424Posted 2/1/2013 1:26:53 AM
is it whoever has the better gun wins?
#2AirRawr_Posted 2/1/2013 1:27:15 AM
yea im the best so i have the most skill
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#3__redxiii__Posted 2/1/2013 1:28:13 AM
Same thing with every COD. I can kill people with the most "OP" weps with a pistol because I make better decisions.
#4Carlito424(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:36:58 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
Same thing with every COD. I can kill people with the most "OP" weps with a pistol because I make better decisions.

Well I didn't really know that, the reason I ask is because well 1... I'm interested in picking the game up and 2 I always here a crap loud of comments that say if you have to bigger gun than yours odds of winner are greatly increased.

If this is a game that requires you to get the drop on an enemy(like the surprise commercial) or taking your decisions into mind than I'll pick this up.
#5__redxiii__Posted 2/1/2013 1:37:48 AM
Confirmed for troll.
#6GreatKiraLordPosted 2/1/2013 1:38:51 AM
no it doesnt
it cod
it's a casual/twitch shooter
#7KeldonisPosted 2/1/2013 1:43:59 AM
It's more about map awareness, and your connection than anything else.

Also guns, since at lower lvls/ no attachments unlocked you're at quite a disadvantage.

I've never really considered COD a "skillful" game, but that's me. Sure, I've seen what appears to be crazy skill by some, or extremely dumb luck. I guess that could qualify as "skill."
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#8DraxalPosted 2/1/2013 1:48:14 AM
I agree that map awareness plays a key part in being a good player, knowing routes and anticipating spawn changes etc.
---
July 30th 2013, 10 years on Gamefaqs.
#9Carlito424(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:58:03 AM
Keldonis posted...

Also guns, since at lower lvls/ no attachments unlocked you're at quite a disadvantage.

I've never really considered COD a "skillful" game, but that's me. Sure, I've seen what appears to be crazy skill by some, or extremely dumb luck. I guess that could qualify as "skill."

So it really doesn't balance out if your a low level? I mean I know that halo 4 started stuff like loadouts and ordnance drops(care packages) but it always felt balanced in a way that a lvl 16 person can take of a level 130 person if they know what there doing.

I've seen youtube vids of a girl(no hate for female gamers) plow though lower level people cause she was a higher level and had a better weapon.
#10ICantNameGudPosted 2/1/2013 2:17:33 AM
Carlito424 posted...
Keldonis posted...

So it really doesn't balance out if your a low level? I mean I know that halo 4 started stuff like loadouts and ordnance drops(care packages) but it always felt balanced in a way that a lvl 16 person can take of a level 130 person if they know what there doing.

I've seen youtube vids of a girl(no hate for female gamers) plow though lower level people cause she was a higher level and had a better weapon.

No some of the good guns are unlocked 4-22, lower level aren't completely screwed at all. It's more knowing the maps and not being stuck in the open than anything. Attachments or specific guns and perks do play a large roll, but at the same time, you can get killstreaks with just a gun, tacticals and lethal grenades if you play the map right.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi